Thread: Simmons Land Shark Good Or Bad?

Simmons Land Shark Good Or Bad?

I'm A New User To Archery Talk. Hope You Can Help Me Out.

Mathews ,

I have not had the opportunity to shoot anything with them besides foam so far . I got a few packs of the 100 grain carbon steels . I will be shooting them with a/c/c 360's this season . They fly increadably well . I honesty can say I found a fixed blade head that hit were (my bows ) feild points hit . All my buds tried them and have had similar results . I will let you know as soon as I kill with them .
    Bow hunter 4 life

Land sharks are good heads. I have a review of their new razorshark on my website if your interested. It's an excellent head as well.
    http://www.broadheadtests.com/NEWHEADS.html
    http://www.broadheadtests.com

sharks

They're great heads - if you like a 2-blade. I consider them a 2-blade because the bleeders on them aren't worth a darn. As a 2-blade, though, I'd say they're at the top of the pack. Take a look at the new Simmons Razorshark, their bleeder blades are very stout. I plan to test the Razorshark on a few deer this fall.

wasp

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by wasp
    They're great heads - if you like a 2-blade. I consider them a 2-blade because the bleeders on them aren't worth a darn. As a 2-blade, though, I'd say they're at the top of the pack. Take a look at the new Simmons Razorshark, their bleeder blades are very stout. I plan to test the Razorshark on a few deer this fall.

wasp
    These are great heads... I have shot the 125's for the last 5 seasons and love em'... Not to mention, I now as of this year... work for them

As for the bleeders not being worth the darn... What did you NOT like about them? THey are designed to bend/break in the event that you strike bone, not to hinder the penetration... Or is it the fact that you have to bend them or glue them to get them tight... A little dot of goat tuff will hold them just fine.

The Razors are a great head too!!!! I am still partial to the Landsharks 125's

yes i think these are a great head propably the best traditional looking head out there!

Superb!

bleeders

Steve, if I wanted the bleeders to break off upon impact, I would just use a 2-blade. If I have bleeder blades in my broadhead, I want them to stay on all the way through the animal, and I don't think you should have to glue them to make sure they stay on the broadhead. There are too many other good broadheads with good bleeders for me to have to glue them on a Shark to make them stay put. I think Simmons took a huge step forward with the RazorShark in regards to the bleeders, and they also have a great thing with it being Stainless Steel instead of Carbon Steel, i.e. no rusting.

wasp

The bleeder blades were a dissapointment,
    It makes for a good 2 blade head though...

Quote Originally Posted by wasp
    Steve, if I wanted the bleeders to break off upon impact, I would just use a 2-blade. If I have bleeder blades in my broadhead, I want them to stay on all the way through the animal, and I don't think you should have to glue them to make sure they stay on the broadhead. There are too many other good broadheads with good bleeders for me to have to glue them on a Shark to make them stay put. I think Simmons took a huge step forward with the RazorShark in regards to the bleeders, and they also have a great thing with it being Stainless Steel instead of Carbon Steel, i.e. no rusting.

wasp
    I think you mis understood me... They will stay intact in most cases...