Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Worst hunting related impusle buy?

Worst hunting related impusle buy?

How costly was your worst hunting impulse buy?

We all know the feeling, sitting on your computer or in a store and deciding you need something really bad really quickly. Before you know it your credit card bill is through the roof. Whats the worst thing you decided on the spur of the moment to buy and how much did it cost you? extra broadheads? new bow? PROPERTY TO HUNT ON?

I once went from never having thought of one to putting my card down on a 550$ night vision scope. I also buy broadheads every season when I clearly don't shoot enough deer to make it worth it. I'm gonna guess I got off easy though.

I went on a shopping spree for arrows. I have about 3 dozen arrows just sitting here only used once or twice.

under armor junk hunting clothes. Like $300.00 Wore them one day on windy and very light rain and learned it was horrible clothing. All i wear now is predator or asat and have a whitewater rain suit

Tinks Ms November! Shrinks in the cold..lol

Had to have the Mathews DXT years ago.. IMO one of the worst bows I ever owned. Switched to Hoyt for 4 years and now I am back with my Creed (still own a few Hoyts too).
    I was at the local shop buying a new rest and walked out with the DXT.. I know some guys love it but I sold that bow a month later.
    Hoyt Spyder 34
    G5 85 Grain Montecs
    I like big bucks and I can not lie

Trades two older bows for one brand new one. That one turned out to have issues eating strings and couldn't get my old bows back. Traded that bow for the one of the bows I have now.

In the long cost me a bunch of
    Money.
    LH '14 Elite Energy 35
    LH '10 Elite Judge
    LH '10 Elite GT500

A Spott Hogg sight. I felt guilty all the way home from the shop....... until I put it on the bow and started shooting. You definitely get what you pay for!

Thinks ms. November. You could see deer running away from 2 counties over

just bought a muddy vantage stand...hope it was worth it....I am having such guilt...
    2012 Matthews Mission Riot
    27" Draw 65 LB
    Tru Glo sight
    Qad Ultra Rest Hunter
    Grim Reaper Whitetail 100 grain tips

I needed something to put in my signature here on AT.
    Currently bow-less

Past 3 years I've bought a whole new rig with all new accessories. This year I did not as a don't think I can get more satisfied than with what I have (second time owning this bow) Saving money is nice!!

I'm sure I'll blow it though and buy something I don't need, just gotta find it first.....
    Strother Infinity 29" 65#
    Black Eagle Carnivore's 367grains
    @ 312fps ------>
    Held together by Ken "Baldy" strings and tune

Quote Originally Posted by jaybird0399 View Post
    under armor junk hunting clothes. Like $300.00 Wore them one day on windy and very light rain and learned it was horrible clothing. All i wear now is predator or asat and have a whitewater rain suit
    I agree .
    I bought a water purifier off of ebay (because it was cheaper) it almost got me killed up in Alaska when it broke the first time I used it. thankfully I brought my old one and it still worked fine.
    www.absolutearcheryllc.com
    darin@absolutearcheryllc.com

Every morning when you wake up thank God for everything in your life and when you lay your head down at night you will find you need not ask him for anything again.

A second pair of Alpha Burleys. Price was so good, I had to get them. My other ones are 5 years old and in incredible shape despite heavy heavy usage. Brought em home and was like W T F? But I didn't bring em back. One pair stays in my truck permanently...just in case. Other pair stays with hunting stuff. It's rediculous.
    2014 Obsession Phoenix under construction

2011 Elite Hunter 70/30 Center Circle Strings

7 years ago purchased land in Ohio 6 acres built a new house have exclusive right to hunt 140 acres in front of my house and additional 50 beside my place. An a national forest 5 miles away. Lol and a lake 2 miles away.
    2013 Mission Ballistic 65 lbs. 29.5 D.L. Beman Bone Collectors 340 arrows G5 Strikers 100 Grn or Rage 2 blade chisel tips

Genesis 27 ... 3 Take your bow and a quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game for me.

Full camo setup at cabelas for Black Friday. Didn't need it, and frankly I'm not a huge seclusion 3D fan but the price was hard to beat! Also picked up some rage hypodermics a few weeks ago that will likely stay in the package all season(I'm shooting exodus this year).

Almost forgot but my first bow was a total impulse buy too! Hoyt Trykon on year end clearance. After it was all setup it ended up over $800. Loved it at the time but I can't say I miss it.

26 acres, then 90 more shortly after. Had to sell the 26 to make it work. Now 61 acres next to me has gone for sale and its taking everything I've got to not make an offer. Lol. I keep this up ill never be able to retire.
    Living today like there's no tomorrow!

Bought a pack of Rage BH's

Quote Originally Posted by Skeptic View Post
    26 acres, then 90 more shortly after. Had to sell the 26 to make it work. Now 61 acres next to me has gone for sale and its taking everything I've got to not make an offer. Lol. I keep this up ill never be able to retire.
    Knew there would be stories like this!

We do not have a cheap hobby!

Quote Originally Posted by scoutinlife View Post
    7 years ago purchased land in Ohio 6 acres built a new house have exclusive right to hunt 140 acres in front of my house and additional 50 beside my place. An a national forest 5 miles away. Lol and a lake 2 miles away.
    Sounds pretty darn sweet!

Once I discovered I could buy guns off the internet and have them conveniently shipped to an FFL licensee on the route home from work, it's been a downhill spiral. Most recently a Ruger SR45 that was an impulse buy last week, and I already have two other perfectly capable .45 ACP pistols, and a 10 mm, and .357, and .44 mag., and . . .

For archery, I have enough arrows to load all of AT's quivers at least once over. And the last deer I shot was in 2009.
    2008 Bowtech Tomkat, 29"/70 lb. draw, Torqueless Grip

Quote Originally Posted by Planetcat View Post
    Once I discovered I could buy guns off the internet and have them conveniently shipped to an FFL licensee on the route home from work, it's been a downhill spiral. Most recently a Ruger SR45 that was an impulse buy last week, and I already have two other perfectly capable .45 ACP pistols, and a 10 mm, and .357, and .44 mag., and . . .

For archery, I have enough arrows to load all of AT's quivers at least once over. And the last deer I shot was in 2009.
    Gotta love those 10mm I have a colt Delta Elite
    www.absolutearcheryllc.com
    darin@absolutearcheryllc.com

Every morning when you wake up thank God for everything in your life and when you lay your head down at night you will find you need not ask him for anything again.

My wife's hunting license

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

2011 F150. The paid off '05 dodge Dakota just wasn't big enough to drag those deer out. At least I keep telling my wife that every payment. She does ptrfer riding in the new truck though.

Quote Originally Posted by Planetcat View Post

I'm considering having a kel-tec pf9 and a kahr pm40 with night sights sent to a FFL as I type. Lol

sent from my LG Escape.
    Lethal Injection Archery

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast