Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: whats the scoop on 2014 speed bows?

whats the scoop on 2014 speed bows?

I've got an itch to buy a full on speed bow. I've been watching the classifieds for elite pulses and PSE axe 6's.

Ive held off buying cause I want to see what comes out in 2014.

I'm hoping that just maybe, somebody will do a 35-36" a to a, 6" brace bow that can a legitimate 340.

If not, I guess back to the classifieds.

What's going to be out there? Any rumors?
    2013 PSE Vendetta DC
    2012 PSE Vendetta DC

PSE has something very powerful coming out to replace the now 4 year old Omen... That's all I've heard... Hoyt will release another speed bow to replace the spyder turbo, hopefully carbon risered, and I'm sure bowtech will release an invasion or insanity-based carbon risered bow with OD binaries come ATA show time...
    2014 Hoyt Carbon Spyder 83#
    2014 Hoyt Pro Edge Elite 60#
    2013 Hoyt Pro Comp Elite 60#
    2011 PSE Omen Pro 80#
    2007 Bowtech Tribute

Oh, and the Hoyt Vector Turbo does what you want! 35" ATA, 340 ibo, 6" BH, and it consistently exceeds IBO
    2014 Hoyt Carbon Spyder 83#
    2014 Hoyt Pro Edge Elite 60#
    2013 Hoyt Pro Comp Elite 60#
    2011 PSE Omen Pro 80#
    2007 Bowtech Tribute

i don't care about .....
    Pearson Advantage's , Pearson MarXman , Pearson MX2 , Viper , Spot Hogg , TT , CarbonTech , Shibuya , Axcel , Carter , B-Stinger , Vapor Trail , Leica Geovid und mehr ....
    Mein Motto : "Was kuemmert es die Eiche wenn sich ein Schwein dran reibt " und mein Lieblingssong is von Westernhagen

That bow you speak of with those specs already exists. Its called the Bowtech Insanity CPXL
    Bowtech - Prime - Quest - Bear - Vaportrail - CBE - Sure Loc - Bee Stinger - SKY Archery

I heard PSE has an ace up there sleeve this year. I heard 375 fps. My source said that it is shootable as well. Guess we will see.
    NEW SCHOOL-2013 Hoyt Spyder Turbo

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow's a mystery."

Quote Originally Posted by thare1774 View Post
    That bow you speak of with those specs already exists. Its called the Bowtech Insanity CPXL
    From personal experiences, thats plural, I won't own another bowtech.
    2013 PSE Vendetta DC
    2012 PSE Vendetta DC

Quote Originally Posted by 442fps View Post
    i don't care about .....
    Then dont look at the thread.
    2013 PSE Vendetta DC
    2012 PSE Vendetta DC

Quote Originally Posted by BoHunter0210 View Post
    I heard PSE has an ace up there sleeve this year. I heard 375 fps. My source said that it is shootable as well. Guess we will see.
    That would be cool, I've been on a PSE kick lately.
    2013 PSE Vendetta DC
    2012 PSE Vendetta DC

Quote Originally Posted by Deadeye1205 View Post
    Oh, and the Hoyt Vector Turbo does what you want! 35" ATA, 340 ibo, 6" BH, and it consistently exceeds IBO
    I took a hard look at this. I used to be Hoyts biggest fan boy. I declined just because of the roller guard.
    2013 PSE Vendetta DC
    2012 PSE Vendetta DC

Yeah PSE will have a true screamer for 2014 if that's your thing.

Sent from my A100 using Tapatalk 4

Quote Originally Posted by Viper69 View Post
    Yeah PSE will have a true screamer for 2014 if that's your thing.

Ordinarily its not my thing but just thinking of getting something a little different this year, just for 3d kicks.
    2013 PSE Vendetta DC
    2012 PSE Vendetta DC

I hope pse does replace the omen. Its time to outdo that bow with something faster.
    Left Mathews, Joined Hoyt.
    Carbon Spyder 30
    60/28.5

I talked to a PSE rep at the range over this weekend. I asked him if PSE would be making a 34-35in EVO type bow. He said they wouldn't sell, so no. Next, I asked him if they were coming out with a new model this year and he just looked at me. I then asked him if it would be revolutionary, he nodded. I didn't ask anymore questions.
    Archery makes my shaft quiver.

370+. Enough said

Stoked to hear this as I'm going in on the speed bow kick too
    SH Archery - PM Scottie/PA here on Archerytalk
    Bowtech Archery Dealer-----Stryker Xbow Dealer
    PSE Pro Series/Mainline Dealer
    60X Custom Strings, Vortex Optics, QAD, NAP and more---Call anytime 724-487-4974
    Supra Max, Full Throttle, WTB 29/50 Full throttle if anyone is looking to sell PM me

I would like and buy a cpxl with a 6inch brace height and 350-355 ibo. Maybe the carbon riser by bowtech will just be that? I'm also hoping Obession bows will come out with a longer ata bow that will reach 340ibo with there smooth draw and back wall and feel after shot. Also need these bows to reach 32'' draw.
    2014 BT RPM 50lbs for wife 378 grain arrow 271 fps and 42 fps faster then her elite.
    2013 Hoyt spyder LD specs to come.
    2012 CPXL SH camo 52lbs 436 grain arrow 279fps.
    2012 Elite answer 52.5lbs wifes
    SZ 350

370+ will not be that shootable.Most of the bows 350+ are stiff and have humps and no valley.What is shootable about that?I love speed bows to but it is what it is.We all know this.Well if you have shot them anyway.

I would like to see PSE come out with a true dual cam/yoked bow.I would own several.Never have been a fan of a hybrid.

If PSE can top the DNA I will buy one .smoooooooth and fast.
    ONE PIN IS ALL YOU NEED, IF you have warp speed. Founder of Team OVERKILL.Shooting super warp speed bows built by Breathn .............................. ....Heavy draw weight ,franken head shooting deer slayer........................ ...Moderation is for cowards .

My only cons with the DNA is its to short and no let off.I drew it back and felt like a midgets bow.lol.Nice quality bow imo.

I have a 374fps ibo bow that extremely shootable for me.34" ata 5.3" bh 93lb and I bust nock at 60yrds on the regular.
    Quote Originally Posted by SPEED FREAK View Post
    370+ will not be that shootable.Most of the bows 350+ are stiff and have humps and no valley.What is shootable about that?I love speed bows to but it is what it is.We all know this.Well if you have shot them anyway.
    ONE PIN IS ALL YOU NEED, IF you have warp speed. Founder of Team OVERKILL.Shooting super warp speed bows built by Breathn .............................. ....Heavy draw weight ,franken head shooting deer slayer........................ ...Moderation is for cowards .

You can adjust the valley and if out of time it make it feel like there is no valley .with mine in time I love the valley.35" ata DNA would be nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by SPEED FREAK View Post
    My only cons with the DNA is its to short and no let off.I drew it back and felt like a midgets bow.lol.Nice quality bow imo.

Quote Originally Posted by 0nepin View Post
    I have a 374fps ibo bow that extremely shootable for me.34" ata 5.3" bh 93lb and I bust nock at 60yrds on the regular.
    No humps or dump?Not stiff?I mean you gotta generate the speed from somewhere.I have seen video of a Breathn bow..It dumped hard into the valley.It might be for some but only a few.I myself think they would do better on valley and draw cycle by going to a dual cam bow.Like I said if they would get away from hybrids I would own several.

some of the smaller companies are gonna be hitting the speedmeter also. 360ibo
    Xpedition Xcentric in moonshine harvest moon 30" 70#
    Custom Black Gold Ascent
    Trophy Taker smackdown pro
    Vendetta Smoke City in moonshine harvest moon
    440 grains of black eagle rampage / QAD exodus

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast