Thread: Horton Havoc 150 vs 175

Horton Havoc 150 vs 175

Anyone know how Horton dropped the poundage on the Havoc 150?

you mean reducing the poundage, or you want to know the draw weight of each crossbow?

if you want to change the poundage, the same money of a rope cocker can do its job.

if you ask about the latter, the draw weight of Hovac 150 is 150lbs, and that of Hovac 170 is 170lbs

The question is; How did Horton reduce the draw weight 20# and the bolt speed 18 fps when the specs on the 2 Xbows are the same? Same length, width and power stroke on the Havoc 150 and Havoc 175. I want to buy some spare parts for a Havoc 150 and there seems to be only one part number for Havoc cams, R & L, and one part number for limbs, R & L. There has to be a difference in the construction of the 2 bows that resulted in the performance difference. I don't want to buy a spare set of cams and find they are a larger diameter, or a different cam angle, designed for the 175 rather than the 150. I have found that most of the people selling parts aren't sure which model they fit and considering the situation with Horton they don't take returns.

I would say most likly the limb construction is the only difference. Not sure, but even the riser looks the same on both, so it would be able to handle either set of limbs 150 or 175. JMO

Limb thickness at the flex point is thinner and the cable length is different.
    My Bows:
    Horton Havoc LT 150
    Parker Tornado HP
    Custom Horton Recon 175