Thread: Has any one seen these climbing sticks??

Has any one seen these climbing sticks??

image.jpg

field and stream cyclone climbing sticks-
    30"
    3 sets of rungs each at 15" apart
    and the box said 9#

99$
    never seen them and zero squak on line-
    any one?
    Bowtech D350, 72#, 25" draw. QAD ultra rest, ktech stab, G5XR2 sight . Beman ics hunter pros@ 27" 100 gr. G5 Montechs & T3's

Yeah ibused to work at dicks and there pretty swet just like lone Wolf but with double steps. There pretty lightweight but there's no actual weight on the package.

Only reason I didnt buy them is because I wanted 4 sticks and they only come in 3 packs.

Def. Worth the money imo though hard to find seeing there not on the sight.

overall there EXACTLY like lonewolf sticks quiet same attachment but not sure on weight and they have doubke steps
    Xpedition Xplorer 65# 28.5" 346Grain Easton Flatlines 290fps Rage Titaniums
    All things are possible to him who believes. Mark 9:23

on the box it had ship weight of 9 #-
    the double rung is a step up no pun from lone wolf-
    i agree about a 4 pack-
    Bowtech D350, 72#, 25" draw. QAD ultra rest, ktech stab, G5XR2 sight . Beman ics hunter pros@ 27" 100 gr. G5 Montechs & T3's

Def quality sticks imo you got a good buy. Only downside is weight

havent decided yet- was looking for muddy's when i found them.
    i like that their steps fold up

I have muddys and lone wolf sticks lonewolf sticks get you higher with less therefore they won over muddys for me although the muddys pretty mich guarantee no clanking because of the rope system

muddy puts out a 3 pack, 32" each with cam straps- any good? fixed steps

Quote Originally Posted by Killerchef View Post
    muddy puts out a 3 pack, 32" each with cam straps- any good? fixed steps
    I looked at those and was underwhelmed. The cam is good for making noise and nowhere near as slick as the rope setup and the dual steps do not fold up but perhaps that saved some weight??
    In the magic of the autumn woods, my soul is nourished.

I have the muddys with the rope and just sold them.

I had 4 felt like I wasn't high off the ground bought a 5th and still felt to low.

I could not get high enough with the short 20" sticks imo.

Now that rope came system is slick but by the time yoi put the two knots in it to keep it on its no faster than a cam buckle system.

Now thw rope system is silent and is less prone to clanking than the cam system.

I sold the muddys and bought a 4 pc lonewolf sticks and I'm very impressed with them they get me 18.5 ft measured. And if you take your time there pretty quiet they also bite in ghe tree better yhan the muddy sticks. They also arr the same weight but 12" longer

I like the rope system and would buy another set of sticks with them if they weighed the same amount as lone wolfs and were at least 30"

got them and pretty impressed to say the least, I use them in conjunction with screw in steps. I am 6'6" so with 2 of the climbing stick sections my first screw in step is at 13', got them spaced out pretty good. Was thinking about getting another set and possibley using them on their own as I feel I could get really close to 20' with 4.
    '11 Monster MR6

Quote Originally Posted by Mulder View Post
    got them and pretty impressed to say the least, I use them in conjunction with screw in steps. I am 6'6" so with 2 of the climbing stick sections my first screw in step is at 13', got them spaced out pretty good. Was thinking about getting another set and possibley using them on their own as I feel I could get really close to 20' with 4.
    the cyclones?

Picked them up weight is about 3 1/4 # each or about 10#s for the set- 80$ at dicks

and they stack nice?

I just got a set in last. Haven't tried them out yet on a tree but they seem very well made and they stack pretty nice. Light too.

Check out the new big game sticks as well. Around a 100.00 i believe.
    TEAM #17 Death From Above
    Walk softly, carry pointy sticks.

they stack great- there is a quick clip fastener and strap on each stick

I happenend across theses sticks last night at our local Dicks and picked up two sets....figured I could always return if I got home and did not like. They are really really nice quality for the price...very light and very solid. Was looking to go with either the Muddys or the Lone Wolfs but damn im glad I ran across these. I was able to get two sets for what I was going to pay for the lonewolf 4 pack. If your concerned about weight it looks like you could remove a step from each side (3 total) I bet that alone would shave off close to a pound.....

WARNING ON THESE STICKS!

I purchased two sets from the Reading, PA Dicks earlier today before returning to NH after the holidays. When I opened the boxes moments ago, inside EACH were sh@ty, rusted climbing sticks made of thin tube stock. Half of the steps had been cut off.

This is not by any means a slam on the sticks that were SUPPOSED to be in the box--but a heads-up everyone to check your boxes before you drive away. I'm now 400 miles north with nothing but worthless scrap for my $120. The boxes were sealed. Clearly somewhere in the supply chain, someone is replacing the proper sticks with enough steel scrap to make it sound and feel real.

Sorry for such a negative first post. I'm a long-time lurker, but felt obligated to join to warn folks on something that could ruin their day.

Again, I can't speak for the originals--but if you're buying them at Dicks, please check your boxes before driving away.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Henry View Post
    WARNING ON THESE STICKS!

I purchased two sets from the Reading, PA Dicks earlier today before returning to NH after the holidays. When I opened the boxes moments ago, inside EACH were sh@ty, rusted climbing sticks made of thin tube stock. Half of the steps had been cut off.

This is not by any means a slam on the sticks that were SUPPOSED to be in the box--but a heads-up everyone to check your boxes before you drive away. I'm now 400 miles north with nothing but worthless scrap for my $120. The boxes were sealed. Clearly somewhere in the supply chain, someone is replacing the proper sticks with enough steel scrap to make it sound and feel real.

Sorry for such a negative first post. I'm a long-time lurker, but felt obligated to join to warn folks on something that could ruin their day.

Again, I can't speak for the originals--but if you're buying them at Dicks, please check your boxes before driving away.
    Good warning
    In the magic of the autumn woods, my soul is nourished.

I bought 2 sets over the last 2 days... $60 bucks a set. They are very very nice. They are on sale boy's..... Get them while you can. Very surprised with the quality.

PS. They came with the sticks not scrape metal! LOL I bet some one returned them after taking the sticks out and replace them with scrap...

try rapid rails....
    13 PSE Omen Max 27" DL 70#
    08 PSE Money Maker X LF # 70 27"DL
    07 PSE X-Force HF 6 #70 26"DL
    Vortex Razor 10x42
    GT Ultra light pro 300-400 GT Pro X-Cutter GT Kinetic XT 300

I bought 2 sets here in NC for 70 bucks a set. They are better made than lone wolf sticks in my opinion and stack up nice. Only complaint is the brackets for attaching to the tree are fixed so they won't work as well on a crooked tree but like the double steps and how they fold out

just bought two sets - I had two 10 dollar off coupons so I went back two different times and got them for 100 bucks. Everyone that has posted so far has pretty much summed it up already - seem to be solid but need to put them to work. If you are ever down the road in Syracuse and would like to check them out let me know.

madstop14 NICE!!!!

I also bought some Muddy Outdoors pack of 4 sticks for $60. I think I am set for the rest of this year and next.

I bought these on sale for around $60 at dicks. I replaced the webbing belt with rope (search lone wolf rope for the thread on how to do this....very quiet to set up) then took the webbing, made a loop for each step for extra height, and I'm amble to get to 20ft easily. I am 6'4" though so that probably helps. Good quality, about 3.2lbs each, and they stack well. Very happy with these.