Thread: Top 10 and Team Scores for 2013-14 Tenth Annual Deer Contest

Smile Top 10 and Team Scores for 2013-14 Tenth Annual Deer Contest

Here are the top 10 teams - Final scores through March 1, 2014 and post 684.

Top 10 Teams .............................. .................... Inches 8ths
    1 Team 7 - Magnificent 7 .............................. ...... 1,662 2
    2 Team 22 - Full Draw .............................. ......... 1,542 4
    3 Team 36 - Buck U .............................. ............ 1,512 2
    4 Team 26 - Boys of Fall .............................. ...... 1,509 0
    5 Team 46 - Last Chance .............................. ....... 1,497 7
    6 Team 18 - The Death Panel .............................. ... 1,388 7
    7 Team 37 - Duck or Die .............................. ....... 1,368 0
    8 Team 28 - Buck Dynasty .............................. ...... 1,343 4
    9 Team 27 - Executive Order .............................. ... 1,318 6
    10 Team 23 - Slickhead Snipers .............................. . 1,308 5

A member list for each team, score by team member, and team scores can be accessed through the pdf file link below (you will need Adobe Reader installed on your computer in order to read the file). The pdf file will either show up as a downloaded file or open in a separate window. If you do not have Adobe Reader, it is a free download and is found here:

http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html

You will need to download it and install it on your computer before trying to read the attached file below:
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2011 Destroyer 340; QAD Ultra Pro HD; Axcel 7 pin; Beman ICS Hunter; Slick Trick, & Spitfire Gobbler Getter broadheads; Scott Wolf release.

Wear a safety harness and use a Summit Climbing System: I hook up - for me and my family!!

Well, you can check out the Top 10 and Team Scores for 2013/14 Tenth Annual Deer Contest To see the top ten teams and scores for each team in the attached pdf file.

Congratulations to Team 7 – Magnificent 7 for taking first place in a fiercely fought competition! Never has the competition been so close, with the top four teams scoring more than 1,500 points. The Magnificent 7 lived up to their name by setting a record for the most points scored by a team, 1,662 2/8, erasing the previous record of 1,602 3/8.

New contest records were also set for the percent of hunters scoring at least one animal (58.9%) and the average number of points scored per hunter in the contest (67.2). The season also had records for the percent of hunters to score a buck (33.8%), the percent of hunters to score two animals (27.2%), and the percent of hunters to score 100 points or more (38.7%). Every team had six or more hunters scoring, a breadth of team success that has never been achieved previously. And 33% of the teams had 11-15 hunters post scores, which is an all-time high. From a completion standpoint it was the most successful year ever in AT Deer Contest history.

For those of you who counted, I made about 9 scoring mistakes (animal attributed to wrong person on their team, initially scored an animal that did not have a bow in the picture with it, or a typo on the number of points) during the season that I had to correct. Not too bad, considering more than 600 animals were scored, but I apologize to the hunters who had to send me a pm so I could get it straightened out. Once again, just be thankful I don’t clear your checks at the bank….

Thanks to Randy (Beamen123) for setting up all the team threads and for his sound counsel throughout the season when we had to deal with issues about scoring. We look for reasons to accept scores, not to deny them and unfortunately we had a few tough decisions this year.

In a day or two I will put up the Monster Buck Club, All-Star list, and later, after I get confirmation that "Top 25 of All Time" bucks were fair chase, I will update that thread.

Hope to see all of you back in next year’s contest. Mark your calendars: first sign-ups will be July 7, 2014.

Randy & Tom
    2011 Destroyer 340; QAD Ultra Pro HD; Axcel 7 pin; Beman ICS Hunter; Slick Trick, & Spitfire Gobbler Getter broadheads; Scott Wolf release.

Wear a safety harness and use a Summit Climbing System: I hook up - for me and my family!!

It was a good first contest for me! Placed in the top 10!!! Can't wait for next year!
    Don't write checks with your mouth that you can't cash with your butt...-GregBS
    Spyder 30,fmj, Hogg father, phatheads=deadly

Thanks Randy and Tom for running this contest!
    Mathews Z7 Xtreme 29"-70LB./SpotHogg SDP/GT5575/Montec G5
    Team #17-Death From Above

Yes, Thank you Tom and Randy!!!
    CONGRATS team 7 on first place!!!!!!!!!! Amazing run and a heck of a score!!!
    14 FAKTOR 34 - 12 ALPHA ELITE - 11 ALPHABURNER -
    04 FRANKEN-TEC

Yeah , thanks for the contest guys. Congrats to everyone who entered a score. For those that didn't............better luck next year. LOL
    Proud Member of Team OverKill
    Rage Digger ProStaff
    #1 Florida State Seminoles
    Defending National Champions

Thanks for all your hard work guys! Always enjoyable!
    *Hoyt Carbon Element*Vibracheck*HHA*Easton FullMetalJackets*DirtNap Gear DRT BH's*QAD*Hoyt RazorTec*

Thanks for running the contest! Always have a blast doin it!!
    I hunt strictly public land...because I can and choose to do so

I'm ready to rumble again, can't wait.
    I came into the world covered in my Mothers blood and I'll leave REDEEMED by the blood of Jesus. All to Him I owe
    ON TARGET FOR CHRIST, mathews c4 and mr8 , Chill X Swhacker 125's
    Sealed in the Beloved and still under construction.
    2012/13 champs "Flatliners"2013-14 champs Magnificent 7 Dream Team 17

Last year was my first year and i was on the mag7 so i dont know how i can top that this year
    Me- Hoyt Carbon Element RKT 29.5 70#,hha, easton axis nfused 340, fuse carbon blade, QAD ultra rest, carter insatiable 2+, nap spitfire maxx

Wife- Mathews Jewel lost camo riser black limbs pink tribal 25.5 draw 40# axion stab hha sight pink ted nugent gold tip 3555 nap broad heads

Lol that's right.I can't believe we did so well do they keep the champ team together?
    2011 Hoyt CRX 32
    Easton Axis Arrows
    NAP Killzone 2inch razor tip
    HHR single pin slider
    MAGNIFICENT 7

Quote Originally Posted by Liveblue23 View Post
    do they keep the champ team together?
    No.

Just a thought. I know that the top 25 deer of the archery talk contest is posted, but would it be possible to post the top 10 team scores of all time?
    2012 Mathews HeliM 30"@62#
    Qad hdx rest
    Nap Apache stab
    Axcel 5pin sight
    Carbon express maxima red 350

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck N View Post
    Just a thought. I know that the top 25 deer of the archery talk contest is posted, but would it be possible to post the top 10 team scores of all time?
    Good idea - I will get to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Midlife Crisis View Post
    Good idea - I will get to that.
    You da man Midlife
    I came into the world covered in my Mothers blood and I'll leave REDEEMED by the blood of Jesus. All to Him I owe
    ON TARGET FOR CHRIST, mathews c4 and mr8 , Chill X Swhacker 125's
    Sealed in the Beloved and still under construction.
    2012/13 champs "Flatliners"2013-14 champs Magnificent 7 Dream Team 17

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck N View Post
    Thats a great idea! Thanks for giving it a shot midlife!!

14 FAKTOR 34 - 12 ALPHA ELITE - 11 ALPHABURNER -
    04 FRANKEN-TEC