Thread: found a good glue for fletching

found a good glue for fletching

I rarely post anything and this is only the second time I have recommended a product. I have used Bohning blazer vanes for a while and regardless of the glue I can usually rip off about 25% of the vanes.

I used beyond bond by Steel Force and have fletched 2 dozen arrows in the past week and each and every vane would have to have someone stronger than me pull them off. Seems like a super good glue, dries in about 10 seconds but I let them dry overnight just to be sure. You may want to give it a whirl.

Goat Tuff Glue is great stuff too never had one come off
    HOYT HAVOC-TEC,EXTREME RT900,DROP ZONE ,MUZZY 3 BLADE,ACC 3-49
    HOYT AM32,VIPER H1000,DROP ZONE ,MUZZY MX3 ,TROPHY RIDGE CRUSH 400

US Army 1981 - 1989

I havn't used it, if I remember it was pretty $$$. I may give it a try though

Supper Glue

I get a 2 pack of Duro Super Glue from Walmart for $2.79. Each tube will fletch about 3 doz arrows. Get the gel as it will not run all over the place. I then also get a tube of the regular liquid as use that to put a small dab on the front and back of the vane. I have shot my arrows about 300 times each now through a Wisker Biscuit and never had one come off. When I have had to refletch due to another arrow puncturing a vane or the vane getting all tore up going through a target/bail of hay they come off with a razor blade and then lite scraping.
    Give it try sometime!!

will do. I had a guy at the local bass pro tell me the same thing. Said he uses super glue gel. I am relatively new at arrow fletching so I havn't used but 3-4types in the last several months.

Another glue to consider is the Fletch-Tite Platinum. I have been using that on my feathers on carbon arrows and not once have had a feather come off yet. I have even shoot thru my target bag and the feathers were still tight on the shaft (though I had to pluck the feathers to fullen them out..lol). There relatively priced, fletch quite a few, and easy to scrape off. Goat Tuff is great stuff, but pricey and a real bugger to get off if you don't use adhesives or such to remove it.

Glue for fletching

I fletched my first set of arrowas and I can tell you that I wouldn't get lost in the woods of our archery club. I had fletchings all over the place by the time I was done shooting. I felt like I was reliving the Hansel and Gretle story. I have since refined my fletching by lightly sanding the arrow with 400grit followd by denatured alcohol. I've been using the Bhoning glue and It didn't holds as well as the super glue gels.

Mike

I tried goat tuff for the first time....... this stuff is unreal. You will not pull off fletching without it comming apart. Sets up super fast too.
    The only thing is, it is pricey for what you get. It is a fairly small bottle to begin with and then the bottle is only filled about two-thirds of the way up.
    The tip on the bottle is outstanding for getting a perfect beed of glue run down your fletch.

Fast Fletch

I Have been using fast fletch.It is awesome dries in 10 secs. or less.I fletched 1000s of arrows with.Just today while tuning my bow i missed the target and shot clean through an igloo cooler.although totally unusable all the duravanes stayed on as well as the A.W.U.wrap.The glue is a little thin but once you get the hang of it.. AWESOME

Steel Force Beyond Bond

Back to the original post, I use beyond bond too, great glue, with no problems so far. And I shoot mine after about a minute

Quote Originally Posted by plottman
    I rarely post anything and this is only the second time I have recommended a product. I have used Bohning blazer vanes for a while and regardless of the glue I can usually rip off about 25% of the vanes.

I used beyond bond by Steel Force and have fletched 2 dozen arrows in the past week and each and every vane would have to have someone stronger than me pull them off. Seems like a super good glue, dries in about 10 seconds but I let them dry overnight just to be sure. You may want to give it a whirl.

glue

i'm a rookie no dought but i must admit the only glue i use is goat tuff
    the best there is

Quote Originally Posted by RnRLobsta@hotma
    I Have been using fast fletch.It is awesome dries in 10 secs. or less.I fletched 1000s of arrows with.Just today while tuning my bow i missed the target and shot clean through an igloo cooler.although totally unusable all the duravanes stayed on as well as the A.W.U.wrap.The glue is a little thin but once you get the hang of it.. AWESOME

RnRob.....I use fast fletch also, it is to good man. When I have to refletch an arrow, I can hardly get the base of the feather off of the arrow. I use a dull knife and I have to scrape for a long time, but that's a small price to pay knowing your fletching is not going to come lose at all. I have used that stuff on other things around the house. Great product....
    Life Member of North American Hunting Club
    West Virginia Bowhunters Assoc.
    Mathews Reezen
    Magnus broadheads

"Montani Semper Liberi" (Mountaineers are always free)