Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Elite Energy 35 or Pure

Elite Energy 35 or Pure

which do you think will hold better??? Pure has longer A-A but Energy has a much longer riser.

Wish Energy was a touch faster... Need all the speed i can get in Open A with my draw length

Why don't you wait and shoot them first ! no one can give a secure answer to your question ,since no one has shot them yet! Pure speculation I would not spend the energy worrying about it! Pure energy is the one I would choose buy em both !

wish i could but at 18 it gets expensive quick

Get the energy ! It will out shoot the pure , the one I had a lot of vibration in it ! The energy 35looks like a shooter !

Pretty much nobody on here can give you anything other than opinions based on looking at the picture of the new bow. There is no valid answer to your question yet, its way too soon
    Bowtech - Prime - Quest - Bear - Vaportrail - CBE - Sure Loc - Bee Stinger - SKY Archery

[QUOTE=thare1774;1068273694]Pretty much nobody on here can give you anything other than opinions based on looking at the picture of the new bow. There is no valid answer to your question yet, its way too soon[/QUOTE

TAZ had an Energy 35 in the shop today .... I've got a buddy with 2 Pures and he loves them and swears they are the best shooting bows he's owned. The Energy 35 is a good looking rig I think.
    John's Customs Pro Staff Manager
    ASAT Camo Hunting Staff

I like my Pure small thud in the handle on the shot but and glad i decided to get it instead of waiting on the '14s. The Energy 35 is a tad bit to heavy from me although i do like the parrelle limbs versus the limbs on the Pure. Should reduce that hand vibration/thud.

My 2¢ and yes in teenage years stuff can add up quick!! Lol

13' Elite Pure black/camo
    28.5" 67#
    Viper sights
    Vendetta Enforcer
    QAD HDX

Neither are worth "holding" at all IMO
    "Every man dies, not every man really lives."
    PSE * Xpedition * CBE/Spot Hogg * Stan Shootoff * Hamskea Versa Rest * B-Stinger * Swarovski Binoculars * Double Bull Archery Blinds * Stormy Hardwoods * John's Custom Archery (aka "Breathn")

Id shoot them both first but if that wasn't a option id go for the energy 35 a tad heavy but looks like a shooter,although a used or left over 13 would be cheaper?Either way im sure you can't go wrong too many good bows these days.
    Evolution dressed in ☆Stormy hardwoods☆ ordered!!!

I have a 2012 pure. I enjoy it. It shoots but is not the most accurate bow I have ever owned. Shots at 60 yards are 4" group. A good stabilizer takes the hand shock out. I do agree that more parrellel limbs are more forgiving as far as vibration and noise. I will for sure be testing an energy 35. I used to shoot an alpine silverado and then shot a prime centroid.

The new bow looks nice. You cannot compete with 3.5,3.8 pound bows when your bow is 4.5 in weight. They may want to throw in a membership to a gym to get in shape for the moutain hunters.

A thought on the weights....they might be even heavier than what they are listed as being. One day we took all the different model bows in the shop and weighed them as they were, without a rest or sight or anything else on them. Every bow we weighed, except the Strothers, were OVER weight from what the specs listed them as being. Example...bows that had a listed weight of 3.9 to 4.0 lbs were more like 4.3 - 4.5 lbs on the scale. It seems like it started when I had a Moxie and Tour, and was comparing the two. We were talking about how heavy the Tour felt vs the Moxie, and we looked up how much both were suppose to weigh. Both were listed as 4.3 lbs but seems like it was closer to 5 lbs for the Tour.

I like the looks of the Energy for sure. Will have to shoot one though before I say anything about whether I like it or not. I'm not afraid to say that the Pure was one of the best bows I've ever owned to date. I sold the one I had, mostly due to listening to ArcheryTalk chatter about newer bows and I had to see for myself what all the talk was about the newer stuff. The only problem I had with the Pure was that it was arrow hungry and liked to feed...so no group shooting with that bow, unless you had a good supply of arrows. If I can find the right Pure in target colors, I will totally bypass even shooting shooting the Energy and be perfectly happy with the Pure. Don't listen to the folks saying that it can't be tuned and wont shoot good. I have a 2013 ASA Pro/Am plaque and several trashed arrows that say otherwise.

From past experiences parallel limb bows will be a bit smoother with on the shot feel. the pure is more straight angles and has some feel to it. But thats never really bugged me.
    Shoot them both..its the only true way to know which you will like best.
    Be safe, Follow regulations and practice hunter safety.

Picked up the 35 and bought it on the spot. The only worry I had was the weight but after letting a few fly that worry was gone. Amazing rig!

Set up an Energy 35 yesterday with bowhunter equipment. Shot it in league last night. Hands down best bow Elite has built to date. I am impressed to say the least. Draw cycle is extremely smooth, back wall is perfect, holds like a rock, and no vibration, noise, or kick. End result shot a 446 on a 450 Vegas round and I haven't shot a Vegas target since last winter. The Energy 35 will shoot with the best of them. This bow will be great for the archer that wants one bow to hunt, shoot 3d's, and spots with. The one negative is at 4.5#'s for us who spend most of our season in the mountains it is heavy. As for tree stand hunters, well lets just say I wouldn't want to be a deer walking with in range of a tree with an Energy 35 hanging in it. The good news for the deer is it will never know what hit it because it won't hear it coming. Go to your nearest dealer and try one out, bring your credit card because your going to want one.
    Don't take it so serious!

Bill, agree best Elite to date.
    Phoenix.

Quote Originally Posted by Predator View Post
    I'm glad you posted this so that I know not to take anything you say seriously!

I love my Pure but its going to a good home soon so I can purchase my new E 35
    Energy 35 Max1,Tour Snow and Pulse Ninja because they work for me

Have you shot your bow today?

Quote Originally Posted by Predator View Post
    Of course he has held and shot the 35 to conclude this.......a DB troll with nothing better to do. I have heard nothing but guys raving about the 35 that have shot one. All are saying it is the best elite to date. To clear any confusion....DB=DOUCHE BAG.

I can somewhat relate to some members not being Elite fans. I've owned several, most I've enjoyed. My last, prior to my E35, was an early Answer that drove us nuts with tuning issues and some limb finish issues as well. I swore them off for awhile, but this bow won me back plain and simple. That and a great dealer.
    Phoenix.

I have both but it's too early to give an honest opinion. The last couple days here in KS have been WINDY! The E35 feels like a great bow, very smooth and holds well. I need to spend some time at 40-50-60 to decide if it will replace the Pure. I will post up some info when I get more time with the 35.

Quote Originally Posted by Archerybuff View Post
    I have both but it's too early to give an honest opinion. The last couple days here in KS have been WINDY! The E35 feels like a great bow, very smooth and holds well. I need to spend some time at 40-50-60 to decide if it will replace the Pure. I will post up some info when I get more time with the 35.

Thats where the 35 will shine in the wind. It should hold better in the wind. shoot some 50 yard groups for us. Remember it might be windy the day you see the biggest buck of your life. I understand you wanting to see what bows holds better groups when everything thing is perfect. A Kansas wind would be a real test !!
    ENJOYING LIFE @ FULLDRAW

Quote Originally Posted by NEWYORKHILLBILLY View Post
    Thats where the 35 will shine in the wind. It should hold better in the wind. shoot some 50 yard groups for us. Remember it might be windy the day you see the biggest buck of your life. I understand you wanting to see what bows holds better groups when everything thing is perfect. A Kansas wind would be a real test !!
    I fine tuned my sights yesterday in the wind. I have to say it held extremely well in those conditions.
    Phoenix.

The E35 is a great bow. Shot it and the 32 the other day along with the new Hoyts. I went to shoot the Hoyts and left a new fan of Elite. Is it heavier? Yes. Is it heavy? No. I have not shot the Pure so can't comment there. But I will be buying a new E35.

I just purchased my e35 and tuned it today! Simply Amazing bow! I'm a long draw shooter and limited on the choices for bows, never owned a elite but dealership put it in my hands just to try to see if I would like it, end result is IMO it outshot what I was originally in there for! Go shoot one you'll be impressed!
    Hoyt Carbon Spyder 34- armourtech - Qad hdx - B stinger

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast