Archery Talk Forum banner

2014 PSE Catalog Now Online!

7K views 58 replies 32 participants last post by  ChuckA84 
#1 ·
#2 ·
i kind of wish they kept the revenge name, but now it looks like i'm forced to go with the drive. it would help if they added the msrp's of the bows to aid my decision!

#13 ·
they still have the drive cam, it's on the new drive and they also added a mini drive cam.

#7 ·
I am the furthest thing from a fan boy. I currently shoot a Hoyt, but I have owned and worked on a lot of different brands. Pete Shepley is a true designer and engineer. What a great line-up. They are an easy Company to do business with, they treat their dealers well and they stand behind their products to the nth degree. Both my sons shoot PSE and I am seriously thinking of making a change. Better quality, better stock bowstrings, better designs and no bs warranty service. Hat's off to Pete and his team this year. Well done.

#15 ·
I think the Source looks like a great shooter on paper, and looks to be the replacement for the VDC so I am sure it is super smooth. A version of the Premonition in a 33-34 A2A would really peak my interest! I like it's specs fo sho, just too short.

#23 ·
i don't like how they only make the bow madness in that one color scheme, brown riser with camo limbs. every bow should come in every available combo and/or color.

my phone also had issues viewing the site, so i had to use my laptop last night to view it.

#29 ·
I love what PSE released. However just like Elite/Bear 2014s if I want a bow and draw over 30" you have one few choice. Albeit the Freak at least hits some acceptable speeds. I may have to shoot a Freak and see what its like, just wish it was about 34-35 ATA.

#31 ·
Here is what gets me on how stupid some people are...Alot think a bow has to have a 7" bh to be a good hunting bow...Most of the best hunting bows I have ever owned has been 6" bh...The whole forgiving thing is a joke as well...BH is a non issue on todays technology...It's all about repeatable form..If your form is crap you will shoot like crap no matter the brace...jmho..

#33 ·
shorter brace height has a better chance to hit your arm. especially when wearing a heavy jacket with bulkier sleeves. the closer the brace height to the bow, the closer the string is to your arm. proper form, proper draw length, and string stops make a big difference, but the closer the string is to your arm, the increased the chance of string slap. (or the "unforgiving bow") that's just common sense.

#32 ·
It says "extra thick" on the description of their VAP EXT arrows. I wonder how much thicker their VAP EXT arrows are compared to the normal VAP arrows. They're the same specs and weight as the normal VAP. It also says the spines will be marked. Hope that works out and I'd give those arrows a try!

#35 ·
How long has it been since PSE has made a DL specific cam system? I like that they added the limb stop on a lot of the cam systems. I think that Full Throttle is a mean lookin' SOB! I can't wait to shoot some of these bows.

It looks like the custom colors have changed, as well. Did anybody catch the disclaimer on the custom color bows? That wait time may get stretched out some! I think the blue/black fade riser is gonna look sweet. Can't wait to see one with the polished cams and limb pockets!

#39 ·
If switching from a 6" brace bow to a 5.25" brace bow is making you smack your arms it's more than likely not the bows fault...you probably just have bad form or your draw length is too long.

Same goes for a 7" to 6" brace.

I never really understood that argument.

#41 ·
I think repeatable form is all in the shooter, if you shoot your bow enough it is second nature. Even a bow less forgiving will miss if your form is off anyway. Just my opinion. I practice shooting in a loot of different positions.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.