Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Elite pricing quoted today. What are your thoughts?

2014 Elite pricing quoted today. What are your thoughts?

I ordered a Target Green Elite Archery Energy 35 at my dealer in VA on Monday. I didn't know the price in advance so I budgeted for about $900-$1000. I received a call today about the target color models and my dealer told me that those color options will be approximately $200-250 more. So all in all if you want the special color models for the Elites it's roughly $1100-1150? VS. the $899 MSRP on the Camo and black version. Has anyone seen anything different? Seems a little steep but I have shot the bow and it is for sure worth it. They just keep getting better. Just wondering what prices you guys are seeing at your shops.

T.R.U Ball Archery Factory Staff
    Dominion Outdoors Pro Staff

Seems a little expensive to me. You could get it stripped and dipped for that much. I don't see why they would charge that much, unless the process for applying the target colors is that much more expensive than Kolorfushion.

That's kind of What I was thinking maybe get the base model and send her off for some Orange and black smoke haha.

Your dealer is selling bows at MSRP????
    "Just another fine day of grown men acting like 13 year olds over their bows" - Anonymous

No that's just what they told me the MSRP was on the new ones. I'll be about $1000+ change in the Target Green.

The target models do have the chrome like cams and hardware which does also add to the cost I suspect.
    2014 Energy 35, limbdiver, CBE, B-Stinger
    2006 Elite E-500 Predator, 2010 Rev Cams, Limbdriver, QCR, Stokerized SS1
    ******ELITE ARCHERY, OPTI-LOGIC, CBE AND SCOTT ARCHERY,STOKERIZED,GOLD TIP, and B-STINGER DEALER*******

Wow that is expensive. What shop are you dealing with?
    spot hogg
    bohning

Quote Originally Posted by cicero View Post
    The target models do have the chrome like cams and hardware which does also add to the cost I suspect.
    new ones appear to have black cams, and hardware from the pics anyway

I deal with Dominion Outdoors. Great people. I get everything I need there. Like I said, I'll be about a grand in it total when it comes. which I guess isn't so bad. It's a heck of a bow. after shooting it I can't seem to find anything to complain about.

If MSRP is $899 they are gonna be selling for $799...and when I got my target color in '12 it was a $200 uptick...
    Core Archery Custom Bow Strings & Tuning www.core-archery.com

Buckeye Pro Shops http://www.buckeyeproshops.com

Black Eagle Arrows http://www.blackeaglearrows.com/

Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyZulu View Post
    No that's just what they told me the MSRP was on the new ones. I'll be about $1000+ change in the Target Green.
    MSRP on target colors is 1199. He quoted you 1100-1150 he was knocking a little off of MSRP.
    Sometimes nothing is a really cool hand.
    Semper Fidelis to all of my fellow Marines, past and present.

Authorized Dealer for PSE, G5 Prime and Strother Archery

Shop around to see if you can find a dealer who sells for MAP instead of MSRP. This may be hard to do right now since anything that's new and not on hand will always get marked up to the top of the ceiling on what people will pay. But it's worth a try. I'd drive 50 to a 100 miles to save $150-$200.
    2014 Elite Energy 35
    IQ Bow Sight Pro Staff

Well I'm still getting a pretty good deal I was just wondering what other people were quoted.

Elite has charged $200 for target colors for a few years now.

They forced me into liking all black bows.
    I shoot bows. All kinds of bows.

My opinions are MY OPINIONS. Take them for what they are worth.

$200 is ridiculously expensive!

I can see $50-$100 but $200-$250 no way!

You can buy it in the base Camo and send it off to get kolorfusioned is any pattern you want for a lot cheaper than that.

How it was last year. That's why my Tour is in Snow Camo. It still looks good and shoots as many Xs as the color option.
    Energy 35 Max1,Tour Snow and Pulse Ninja because they work for me

Have you shot your bow today?

That's a good price for am anodized elite. The last one I sold was for $1100

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2
    Elite Energy 35 60lbs 29 inches
    Elite Energy 35 70lbs 29 inches
    ELITE ARCHERY

Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyZulu View Post
    I ordered a Target Green Elite Archery Energy 35 at my dealer in VA on Monday. I didn't know the price in advance so I budgeted for about $900-$1000. I received a call today about the target color models and my dealer told me that those color options will be approximately $200-250 more. So all in all if you want the special color models for the Elites it's roughly $1100-1150? VS. the $899 MSRP on the Camo and black version. Has anyone seen anything different? Seems a little steep but I have shot the bow and it is for sure worth it. They just keep getting better. Just wondering what prices you guys are seeing at your shops.
    My thoughts are 899 is already too high which is exactly why I use the A.T. classifieds and let others take the initial hit.

There are all kinds of excuses as to why bow prices have skyrocketed, some of them are pretty good but when I look at things like guitars and amplifiers for instance or even electronics; quality, technology and value for the dollar has blown through the roof in the last 20 years.

Bows have made some drastic changes, but its still machined aluminum and composite materials for limbs and the changes haven't warranted the price increases. Using LESS aluminum, hacking the ends off at a different angle and using shorter limbs shouldn't translate to 400.00 more dollars per bow.
    2013 PSE Vendetta DC
    2012 PSE Vendetta DC

Retail on the 2014 Elites is $849. for standard camo colors and $200. up charge for target colors and gloss black wich would make the target color bows $1049.

Quote Originally Posted by Done Right View Post
    Retail on the 2014 Elites is $849. for standard camo colors and $200. up charge for target colors and gloss black wich would make the target color bows $1049.
    I spoke with my dealer again his evening and my total price to order was $989 for the Target Green. I'm pretty happy with that.

989 with a custom color option seems like an ok deal.Obviously would be better if it was less of course.
    Obsession Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Q2DEATH View Post
    My thoughts are 899 is already too high which is exactly why I use the A.T. classifieds and let others take the initial hit.

There are all kinds of excuses as to why bow prices have skyrocketed, some of them are pretty good but when I look at things like guitars and amplifiers for instance or even electronics; quality, technology and value for the dollar has blown through the roof in the last 20 years.

Bows have made some drastic changes, but its still machined aluminum and composite materials for limbs and the changes haven't warranted the price increases. Using LESS aluminum, hacking the ends off at a different angle and using shorter limbs shouldn't translate to 400.00 more dollars per bow.
    No it doesnt justify the price increase, but lawyers fighting poaching charges is expensive.

Their MSRP is WAY less than the price for other competitors' top of the line bows...>WAY less!
    Why isn't anyone complaining about the $1400 or MORE from the competitors' bows, HUH?
    field14 (Tom D.)
    Just let it float and SHOOT THE SHOT! Author of: "ProActive Archery", "The Puzzled Archer", "The Puzzled Cyclist".
    -field14 (Tom D.)

Used, Elite bows go for around $400...

I was told 200 more for target color 849 +200 = 1049 plus tax. I ordered a black bow
    ENJOYING LIFE @ FULLDRAW

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast