a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: Arrows cut down for crossbow?

Arrows cut down for crossbow?

I have dozens of Easton 2213 and 2315 xx75and xx78 arrows I've had for years, switched to carbon years ago with vertical bow, can I cut them down to 20 in and put different nocks in them and use them for crossbow or are they not strong enough? Just wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by hoytrulez View Post
    I have dozens of Easton 2213 and 2315 xx75and xx78 arrows I've had for years, switched to carbon years ago with vertical bow, can I cut them down to 20 in and put different nocks in them and use them for crossbow or are they not strong enough? Just wondering.
    I cut down 2213s when I first started crossbowing. I think that gave me about a 350 gr arrow..they worked fine.

Just make sure you do not end up with an arrow that is less in weight than the min recommended by the xbow maker.

I asked the same question a while ago and basically it should not be done. The shaft diameters don't match up to the rails and they do not make crossbow nocks for those size shafts. The size aluminum shaft used for xbows is 2219's.

I'm pretty sure it would work fine if they were the correct size. If I'm not mistaken a 2219 compound arrow, and a 2219 crossbow arrow are the same thing except for the components.......22 I believe is the outside diameter which would be .22, and the second number 19 would be the wall thickness of the shaft....so .019. If it is cut at the correct length, and has crossbow components in it, and weighs at least the minimum weight for your crossbow I don't see why you would have a problem...
    SZ380......Black Eagle Executioners.......415 grains@360 fps