Archery Talk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bow-A-Constrictor Bow Press.

65K views 530 replies 64 participants last post by  gad 
#1 ·
I noticed there is no thread in this section on the Bow-a-constrictor Bow Press so thought I should start one with links to the Bow-a-constrictor website and also the youtube videos showing just how good this press is. The Bow-a-constrictor press is legendary and considered by many professional bow technicians to be the finest bow press available at any price. Many guys that own a Bow-a-constrictor bow press started off with a linear press and upgraded to the Bowa for the added safety and the ability to press any bow or crossbow ever made. With the addition of the quick draw and tune accessory there is just about nothing that this press can't do. The drill attachment accessory turns it into a motorized press by just connecting a cheap battery drill in place of the hand crank. The designer and builder of the press is Frank Schneider and you will not find a nicer guy to deal with, he will go out of his way to make sure you are 100% happy with your press. Prices are available on the website and Frank will answer any inquiries promptly either through his website or via PM.

https://buckeyearcherysolutions.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XkAD_D0XF8

#412 ·
I met Frank the guy behind the press at a big archery show in Cleveland a few years back , he showed me how the press could press any kind of bow or crossbow safely . It can turn into a draw board to check drawlength and cam timing . After talking to him for a in depth question and answer I told him I want one and in within a month I was at home pressing my own bows. This guy is a freaking genius when it comes to bows , ideas and building things. If I ever had questions on anything I could contact him and we have become best friends ever since . He’s a good guy with great products. He just recently asked me to demo one of his grip caps after talking to him about my shooting being a little inconsistent with my new PSE Evolve 35 . So I told him sure I’ll try anything and wow what a difference this makes on my indoor scores ,this bow centers up in my hand eliminating any torque . Another fine idea, product made by Frank . Thanks again ,his stuff just works !

#413 ·
Frank is always thinking about ways to make archery better and safer.
When it come to customer service Frank will treat you more like a friend than a customer, he backs what he sells 100% and he can do that because of the amount of R&D he puts into his products before he releases them.

You can't go wrong with any of Frank's products.

#419 ·
So awhile back I had a PSE come to me for work, and I made the dumb mistake of relaxing the limbs all the way. You talk about a NIGHTMARE. Luckily Frank was quick to answer a call and guide me through the process of getting the bow back into the pressed position. Being that it’s been awhile since then I wanted to refresh my memory on doing limb replacement. The main issue with the PSE was that the fingers wanted to slide down the limbs of the bow instead of pressing the limbs in...this is solved by unscrewing the limb bolts before trying to press the bow correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#420 ·
It is a good idea to wind out the limb bolts on any compound before completely relaxing the limbs. Some PSE's that are beyond parallel will tend to slide up the limb a little when pressing from relaxed but it is not a problem, you just need to use common sense and take things slowly. I have removed limbs from most modern compounds with the Bowa and have never had an issue.

#422 · (Edited)
Ravin R15

It was a big day today here in Bow-A-ville. I had the opportunity to tame an R15 today on my scrapper press. I'll be quite honest, at first I thought uhh ohhh we may have found the first xbow this press cant work on but I'm happy to say I was wrong. I'm also happy to say that my design goals were dead on because for the first time ever I had to use all four of my short axle protocols to pull it off. That means I had to flip the left side of the Power Bar around and also move the Power Bar out to the short axle location but also slide off the QD&T Bracket and unscrew my serving studs. Most of the time all you need to do to work on 99% of all other short axle bows is either flip the left end of the power bar over or just move the Power Bar out to the short axle position for the Clevis pin. Both are quick to do but not this time, I had to use all the tricks for this 10" ata xbow but I was relieved when that string dropped.

And btw I shot the bow and it chronographed at 402 fps with the 20" bolts.

Attachments

#423 ·
It was a big day today here in Bow-A-ville. I had the opportunity to tame an R15 today on my scrapper press. I'll be quite honest, at first I thought uhh ohhh we may have found the first xbow this press cant work on but I'm happy to say I was wrong. I'm also happy to say that my design goals were dead on because for the first time ever I had to use all four of my short axle protocols to pull it off. That means I had to flip the left side of the Power Bar around and also move the Power Bar out to the short axle location but also slide off the QD&T Bracket and unscrew my serving studs. Most of the time all you need to do to work on 99% of all other short axle bows is either flip the left end of the power bar over or just move the Power Bar out to the short axle position for the Clevis pin. Both are quick to do but not this time, I had to use all the tricks for this 10" ata xbow but I was relieved when that string dropped.

And btw I shot the bow and it chronographed at 402 fps with the 20" bolts.

Very impressive Frank, not something we need to worry about down here, our government thinks crossbows are too much like guns so they are illegal in most states.
A 10" ata bow is going to put any press to the test but I am not surprised you managed it with the Bowa.

#430 ·
I just picked-up a Bowa from a string builder here in the Portland area, all the bells and whistles, for a great deal. I am very excited and will be getting an SKB case soon for easy transport to the range :)

I love this press, my other press is from 92safari and, while I love that press too, the Bowa seems to be better built and better all around.

#431 ·
My press doesn't have these allen bolts

Can someone tell me what size (length and diameter) and thread size, these allen bolts are (the one on the outside of the orange leg)? I just bought a Bowa from a string builder in town who purchased it a few months ago and it doesn't have these allen bolts on the stand section like in this picture
Orange

#432 ·
Can someone tell me what size (length and diameter) and thread size, these allen bolts are (the one on the outside of the orange leg)? I just bought a Bowa from a string builder in town who purchased it a few months ago and it doesn't have these allen bolts on the stand section like in this picture
View attachment 6531731
Frank will answer your question when he sees it mate but if you are in a hurry just call him, he will help you with any other issues you have as well.

#436 ·
Awesome customer service from Frank. He straightened me out on a few things and I'm good to go. You really don't get this level of customer service these days.
I'm going to do a complete set up in my target bow today, on the BowA.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

#437 ·
Looking good. WELCOME TO THE TEAM!!!
You probably already know but on those Bowtech's with the P-shape Pillow Block's apply your point load directly under the fat part of the Pillow Block itself. Also, watch that your shoulder Bushing on the finger isn't to close to the bearing that you cant remove the string.

#440 ·
I had an oldy in the press today, a 2009 Elite GT500, still going strong and just needing a new set of threads. With what we know about bow tuning today this bow can still hold its own with the best of them. Of course it was no problem for the Bowa, it handled it just like it handles every other bow on the market.

#441 ·
That's great Aussiedude. Must be the week for oldies. Had my 2008 38 Ultra in mine over the weekend for safety strap pics. On the split limbers I like running the strap across the limb pocket from corner to corner like shown. Holds much better. Can't really do that on a solid limb bow but then i cant even think of a max pre-loaded solid limb bow made. I don't think Hoyt has made one for years but then it doesn't matter what you bring to it - it will tame it and the offer still stands for a free press to anyone who can show me a compound bow it cant press. Yes, including any Oneida.

Attachments

#442 ·
Due to some creaking and popping noises in my new Bowtech Realm X I completely tore it down with my BowA. The press, as always, handled it with no problem. Thanks Frank for building a safe and strong press to work on all bows and thanks Bowtech for using zero lubrication on my bow. Now a deer won’t hear me draw.

#443 ·
With the new material for the limb pockets Bowtech specifically doesn't lube them and recommends no lube. My clicking and popping came from a bad cam and axel assembly, got it replaced, Bowtech yelled at the dealer for lubing the pockets to try and remedy the situation.

#447 ·
I just fixed a creaking noise on my own Addiction Thursday night myself that I thought was coming from my grip - that I just glued on permanently in early spring. Did some cam shimming and decided to shim my limb to straighten up a little lean with a touch of preload on the week side and when putting it all back together I lubed my limb pockets because they were dry. And surprisingly I lost my creaking noise in the process.

#449 ·
Great to see Bow-A guys enjoying their machines. Mine got a serious workout again today as well. I hope every Bow-A pressin tech around the world super slams a Pope & Young animal this season. Share it here when ya do. If the Bow-A was behind it I'm sure Aussiedude (the op) wont mind.

#451 ·
Always good to see what you blokes are harvesting over there Frank. When you have such a short hunting season you want to make sure your bow is 100% ready when you are standing in front of that trophy, with the Bowa it is easy to keep any bow tuned to its maximum potential.

#452 ·
Set up another Hoyt Powermax yesterday for my buddies son who's dad bought himself and both sons the same combo rig. Sweet starter bow i must say. Of-course the shop set him up 3" to long but in the end i had another very happy newbie smiling ear to ear & popping baseball size balloons consistently at 25 yards when he didn't even know how to put his release on. Yes, newbie. I set hybrids up in the press so the bottom cam is 1/8" behind the top. When drawn in two point contact and when he draws it - its still 1/8" behind the top. I kind of gave up checking for some noticeable difference but when I get a new or unfamiliar bow in it I like to check this out in double blind fashion. Its a mental thing so I don't wonder down the road if that might be the one bow that has to be checked via two point. If there is one out there requiring that I still haven't found it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.