Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 133

Thread: Bow-A-Constrictor Bow Press.

  1. #26
    Hey Aussiedude, what all kind of stuff do you bow hunt in AUS? Just curious. Yes folks, it's like trying to stand on top of a mountain in the wilderness trying to tell everyone the truth about Frank's press. IT IS THE BEST PRESS IN THE WORLD PERIOD!!!!

    '13 Hoyt Spyder 30" , '09 ELITE GT 500, '03 BOWTECH PRO 40 DUALLY

    BOW-A-CONSTRICTOR BOWPRESS~ www.buckeyearcherysolutions.com

    GENESIS 27:3-4


  2. #27
    U 2 mate thanks
    '13 Hoyt Spyder 30" , '09 ELITE GT 500, '03 BOWTECH PRO 40 DUALLY

    BOW-A-CONSTRICTOR BOWPRESS~ www.buckeyearcherysolutions.com

    GENESIS 27:3-4

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    NSW Australia
    Posts
    1,724
    Quote Originally Posted by jobow81 View Post
    Hey Aussiedude, what all kind of stuff do you bow hunt in AUS? Just curious. Yes folks, it's like trying to stand on top of a mountain in the wilderness trying to tell everyone the truth about Frank's press. IT IS THE BEST PRESS IN THE WORLD PERIOD!!!!
    Hunting in Australia is restricted to feral animals so basically anything that has gone wild is fair game.
    We have hogs in plague proportions, rusa deer, red deer, fallow deer, hog deer, chital deer, Sambar deer, rabbits, foxes, goats, wild dogs, cats, water buffalo, scrub bulls (our most dangerous game, there have been fatalities) and brumbies (wild horses). There are probably more that I can't think of now. Most of our game is available year round but some of the deer have a closed season.

  4. #29
    Hog Deer. Man that sounds good. Im wandering if it tastes like ham and venison combined. LOL. Dang sounds like u have enough to keep u busy.
    '13 Hoyt Spyder 30" , '09 ELITE GT 500, '03 BOWTECH PRO 40 DUALLY

    BOW-A-CONSTRICTOR BOWPRESS~ www.buckeyearcherysolutions.com

    GENESIS 27:3-4

  5. #30
    I met Frank years ago when he started and he is a straight up guy too
    WWW.BOWHANGER.COM come hang with us!
    Tonys award winning Taxidermy
    Archery Shooter Systems

  6. #31
    Same bow but older picture & showing - Athens Exceed 300 @ full draw checking can synch. in the previous gen 2 configuration. The difference is that the Gen3 Bypass Accessory starts from behind the Torque Arm instead of in front of it thus adding cycle to the press thereby keeping the Power Bar higher throughout the range of the limbs. A side benefit is that it adds additional strength to this accessory even though it didnt really lack it. One of those strengthening components comes from being able to bond the inside finger to the sleeved carrier instead of it acting alone plus the truss tubing that carries it all is welded across the back of the same sleeve which makes it all work together much better because of the shared strength. Works great and is unchanged again for 2014.




    Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIEDUDE View Post
    The Quick Draw and Tune Accessory allows the bow to be drawn while pressed making tuning a breeze. No more taking your bow from the press to your draw board to time cams or to set up the timing on arrow rests.


  7. #32
    I hope to have updated pictures and even some new video's on my website by spring.

    I did one simple cosmetic change for 2014 and some have already been shipped out with this change. Which is: The Crank End of the Power Bar is now Black so that the Orange Power Bar Tongue shows up quite vividly through the holes. This started out as an accident late last year by me putting those parts in the wrong box to be powder coated. Once i discovered it the power coater wanted to fix it and re-do them. I said "no hold on with that" & slid the typical orange PB Tongue inside the Crank End tubing and told him "don't bother its going to stay this way now". I will soon load a picture of it on this thread unless someone that has this new color config. beats me to it.

  8. #33
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    No, you can´t !
    Posts
    499
    ttt

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    NSW Australia
    Posts
    1,724
    Quote Originally Posted by DBLlungIT View Post
    I hope to have updated pictures and even some new video's on my website by spring.

    I did one simple cosmetic change for 2014 and some have already been shipped out with this change. Which is: The Crank End of the Power Bar is now Black so that the Orange Power Bar Tongue shows up quite vividly through the holes. This started out as an accident late last year by me putting those parts in the wrong box to be powder coated. Once i discovered it the power coater wanted to fix it and re-do them. I said "no hold on with that" & slid the typical orange PB Tongue inside the Crank End tubing and told him "don't bother its going to stay this way now". I will soon load a picture of it on this thread unless someone that has this new color config. beats me to it.
    I saw a photo of a black and orange Bow-a-constrictor in another thread and it looked good Frank.

  10. #35
    Back at ya Tony. You may not have realized it but in the early days getting going you were my go to guy for good sound advise. I appreciated that - so thanks again brother. Hope to see ya again sometime at a tournament or show.

    Quote Originally Posted by archeryshooter View Post
    I met Frank years ago when he started and he is a straight up guy too

  11. #36
    Thanks. I think they look a bit more balanced now with the added contrast on the right side.


    Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIEDUDE View Post
    I saw a photo of a black and orange Bow-a-constrictor in another thread and it looked good Frank.

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Clay County, West Virginia
    Posts
    335
    Hello Frank and the rest of the Bow-a Nation! Hope all is well! I've been away from the compound scene for awhile, been shooting traditional only for the last year and a half. My Bow-a has been packed away and I just recently dusted the compound off. Gonna have to re-teach myself everything, lol! What happened to the "Best bow press in the world" thread?

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    NSW Australia
    Posts
    1,724
    Quote Originally Posted by 2X Lung View Post
    Hello Frank and the rest of the Bow-a Nation! Hope all is well! I've been away from the compound scene for awhile, been shooting traditional only for the last year and a half. My Bow-a has been packed away and I just recently dusted the compound off. Gonna have to re-teach myself everything, lol! What happened to the "Best bow press in the world" thread?
    I was wondering the same thing, seems to have been lost in one of the sites updates. If you haven't used your Bowa for a while then check out Franks new drill adapter, it turns the Bowa into an amazing power press with the addition of a cheap battery drill.

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Clay County, West Virginia
    Posts
    335
    Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIEDUDE View Post
    I was wondering the same thing, seems to have been lost in one of the sites updates. If you haven't used your Bowa for a while then check out Franks new drill adapter, it turns the Bowa into an amazing power press with the addition of a cheap battery drill.
    That drill adapter looks real slick and I'll have one someday, but first off, I need to get the bypass choker set and the quick draw and tune. Money is a little tight right now, so I'm saving for those first!

  15. #40
    The thread I started "the best bow press in the world, bout time", was eliminated by AT because of the massive memory needed to keep it going. Believe me i was pissed. They told me to start another one. Go figure.
    '13 Hoyt Spyder 30" , '09 ELITE GT 500, '03 BOWTECH PRO 40 DUALLY

    BOW-A-CONSTRICTOR BOWPRESS~ www.buckeyearcherysolutions.com

    GENESIS 27:3-4

  16. #41
    They do things on here sometimes that are not very nice
    WWW.BOWHANGER.COM come hang with us!
    Tonys award winning Taxidermy
    Archery Shooter Systems

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Clay County, West Virginia
    Posts
    335
    No doubt! There was a lot of good info in that thread! I read through all those pages before I bought my press and the thing that struck me was, I never read one comment in that thread or anywhere else from someone that had actually used the press, that had something negative to say about it. Not one! Most people that actually used one, just raved about it!

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    NSW Australia
    Posts
    1,724
    Quote Originally Posted by 2X Lung View Post
    No doubt! There was a lot of good info in that thread! I read through all those pages before I bought my press and the thing that struck me was, I never read one comment in that thread or anywhere else from someone that had actually used the press, that had something negative to say about it. Not one! Most people that actually used one, just raved about it!
    You will never read a negative comment about the Bowa from someone that has used one, the Bowa has no negatives.

    I always smile when I read comments from guys that have never used a Bowa comparing it with a simple linear press. That is like comparing a motor scooter with a Porsche.

  19. #44
    Here are my thoughts on that. They killed the other big thread that Baldyhuter started to and I dont particularly like it either but oh well. There was a lot of gen 2 configs in both of those threads and what's gone is gone. I would have preferred it to just be closed vs completely deleted from record. To me that would have been fair, but what do I always say? "Pressing on".

    I have always preferred to let my product sell itself because I feel that is a true test of its value and I will continue to go that route. We've been into the gen 3 for a couple years now and it is holding strong. There is plenty of new ground to turn and customers to earn so we will keep chipping away and earn a new feather in our wings every day. What we have here is a very safe and useful devise that can uniquely hold its own in any personal or pro shop. I cant begin to tell you how many customers that have evolved from various other choices that have been available so I have to say that I truly respect all of the competition selections because those folks generally make highly inspired Bow-A-Constrictor customers and many of you have gone that route yourself, myself included. I just have a different philosophy for a bow pressing device and I believe that it shows in the product that we now have. So, i say again, "Pressing On"



    Quote Originally Posted by jobow81 View Post
    The thread I started "the best bow press in the world, bout time", was eliminated by AT because of the massive memory needed to keep it going. Believe me i was pissed. They told me to start another one. Go figure.

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    NSW Australia
    Posts
    1,724
    Quote Originally Posted by DBLlungIT View Post
    Here are my thoughts on that. They killed the other big thread that Baldyhuter started to and I dont particularly like it either but oh well. There was a lot of gen 2 configs in both of those threads and what's gone is gone. I would have preferred it to just be closed vs completely deleted from record. To me that would have been fair, but what do I always say? "Pressing on".

    I have always preferred to let my product sell itself because I feel that is a true test of its value and I will continue to go that route. We've been into the gen 3 for a couple years now and it is holding strong. There is plenty of new ground to turn and customers to earn so we will keep chipping away and earn a new feather in our wings every day. What we have here is a very safe and useful devise that can uniquely hold its own in any personal or pro shop. I cant begin to tell you how many customers that have evolved from various other choices that have been available so I have to say that I truly respect all of the competition selections because those folks generally make highly inspired Bow-A-Constrictor customers and many of you have gone that route yourself, myself included. I just have a different philosophy for a bow pressing device and I believe that it shows in the product that we now have. So, i say again, "Pressing On"

    There was a lot of information lost when that thread thread was deleted which is a shame. I would advise anyone interested in the Bow-a-Constrictor to visit Frank's website, https://www.buckeyearcherysolutions.com/BAS/ and have a look at what is available and then try to find someone that has the press and have a go for yourself.
    Anyone that has ever owned or used a Bowa will give glowing reviews on the press because it does everything so well. There is no safer press and no faster press when it comes to pressing and drawing the bow but to really appreciate the press you need to use it. When you do you will see that there is no danger of the bow jumping out and there will be no damage to your bow when you are finished.

  21. #46

    Or Nations Finest

    Hi Folks. Meet Matt, a C-130-Crew Chief who ordered from Afghanistan and deserves to be on any Bow-A thread. Thank you for your service to our country Matt!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Clay County, West Virginia
    Posts
    335
    Hey Matt! Welcome to the Bow-A-Nation! Thank you for your service to our Country!

  23. #48
    Hoo-ya Matt, Welcome to the team. Thanks for your service bro.
    '13 Hoyt Spyder 30" , '09 ELITE GT 500, '03 BOWTECH PRO 40 DUALLY

    BOW-A-CONSTRICTOR BOWPRESS~ www.buckeyearcherysolutions.com

    GENESIS 27:3-4

  24. #49

    Oh what the heck, time for something different

    Ok its time i cut this picture loose as its a couple years old now. I cant remember how many pounds i was pulling on this riser from that end but I think you can see what it is if you zoom in on the scale but it was only to prove an obvious point. And no - it did absolutely no harm to "my" bow at all. Car makers drive their cars into walls for testing & I have to do things like this for testing purposes on the more extreme max preloaded limb styles. I was going to just keep this shot to myself because most people can look at my press and understand what it means for them in making their bow secure. Can you secure every bow as tight as this? No you cant nor do you need to. You can only if it offers a spot on the riser to either hook under or through. In this case we have both. And for the sake of mentioning, most all max preloaded limb bows have a riser design that you can run the Botton Pivot Rod's through, even the Monster series has it but there is only a few that i recommend it for and mainly for relaxing or reinstalling limbs for the added safety factor.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by DBLlungIT; January 30th, 2014 at 08:04 PM.

  25. #50
    Same bow. Set up the same way. Understand that the limbs are not touching the Bottom Pivot Rod's in any of these shots because there is always a chance i will take it to full draw during its stay there while pressed. But its a single cam so why would you need to ever do do that? It has an idler and a yoke cable that require tuning just as much as the cam does if not even more. And you can test a fall away rest, check draw length, draw weight, holding weight, check for any stress cracks that you will never find drawing it yourself - things like that.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •