Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Bow-A-Constrictor Bow Press.

Ttt.

Ttt.

It may be in this thread somewhere, but does he use all thread or ACME rod?

He uses a high grade of both species. Dealers and heavy tuner guys get the acme, the regular use & weekend users get the SAE. Just because people see acme does not at all mean its good material and I can tell you that standard acme rod is really junk and as soon as i can find better pricing on the high grade acme it will immediately become standard issue but I'm not quite there yet.
    Last edited by DBLlungIT; March 30th, 2014 at 12:16 AM.

Mine is on order and can't wait to get it.
    Airborne Archery LLC, Authorized Obsession Dealer, Authorized Athens Archery DealerAuthorized Diamond, Styker & Octane Dealer
    2014 Obsession Phoenix, Spot Hogg Hogg-It, QAD HDX, Tight Spot Quiver
    2014 Obsession Evolution, Athens Testament, Spott Hogg Hogg It, QAD HDX, Tight Spot Quiver

Quote Originally Posted by Perry24 View Post
    It may be in this thread somewhere, but does he use all thread or ACME rod?
    As Frank has said he can make the Bowa with either but I really feel it is a non issue with the Bowa. With the Bowa the pressure is applied at the end of the power arms which effectively turns them into levers which greatly reduce the force needed to press the bow. This gives the press a mechanical advantage that puts much less stress on the threaded rod than it does on most other presses. Most other presses use a direct pull to compress the limbs which puts much more stress on the threaded rod and therefore require the use of the Acme rod.

Back to the top for the top press.

Can you measure draw length with the draw board attachment?
    If you don't shoot the big ones they die of old age.
    If you don't shoot the small ones they live to become big ones.

Quote Originally Posted by bcowette View Post
    Can you measure draw length with the draw board attachment?
    Yes. Here is a list of a lot of what you can perform and many in a single pull with a scale:
    Check Draw Length
    Check Draw Weight
    Check Let Off
    Check Cam Synch
    Check Timing
    Check Cam Lean
    Check Fall Away Rest Timing
    Check for Squeaks or Noises

Quote Originally Posted by DBLlungIT View Post
    Yes. Here is a list of a lot of what you can perform and many in a single pull with a scale:
    Check Draw Length
    Check Draw Weight
    Check Let Off
    Check Cam Synch
    Check Timing
    Check Cam Lean
    Check Fall Away Rest Timing
    Check for Squeaks or Noises
    I kind of phrased the question wrong. Is there a spot on the press where a ruler can be mounted so draw length will be able to be measured without having to break out a separate tape measure?
    If you don't shoot the big ones they die of old age.
    If you don't shoot the small ones they live to become big ones.

At one point I thought about mounting a tape measure up at the pulley head but I kept a tape measure handy anyway for getting ata measurements and I figured that with all of the trays I offer and other spots to put a tape there shouldn't be a problem keeping one within arm's reach. However I did provide a spot to hang a yard stick & the top hole in the Staff was placed there for that. You can put a small S-hook in the hole and it will hang right there or you can take a 3" long piece of 10 or 12 ga copper ground wire and put it thru the hole, center it up and bend it down along side the staff and bend a hook on both sides to hang the yard stick. That way it wont ever pop out. Then there is a spot on either end of the press that you can clip a small tape measure at the top of the brackets that mount the Torque Arms.

Ttt

At one point I thought about mounting a tape measure up at the pulley head but I kept a tape measure handy anyway for getting ata measurements and I figured that with all of the trays I offer and other spots to put a tape there shouldn't be a problem keeping one within arm's reach. However I did provide a spot to hang a yard stick & the top hole in the Staff was placed there for that. You can put a small S-hook in the hole and it will hang right there or you can take a 3" long piece of 10 or 12 ga copper ground wire and put it thru the hole, center it up and bend it down along side the staff and bend a hook on both sides to hang the yard stick. That way it wont ever pop out. Then there is a spot on either end of the press that you can clip a small tape measure at the top of the brackets that mount the Torque Arms.

I just keep a simple thin yard stick handy with 1 3/4" removed from the end. It only takes seconds to check the draw length at any stage of the draw and keeps everything simple.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIEDUDE View Post
    I just keep a simple thin yard stick handy with 1 3/4" removed from the end. It only takes seconds to check the draw length at any stage of the draw and keeps everything simple.
    I explained that poorly, the tape is started 1 3/4" from the end so that the 1 3/4" is added to the measurement. It is early morning in Australia.

You explained just fine Mate. Either way gets ya there.

Our sun is setting and its rising in Aussieland. I'll stop by on my way to the grocery store. We'll shoot a few rounds. lol

You explained just fine Mate. Either way gets ya there.

Our sun is setting and its rising in Aussieland. I'll stop by on my way to the grocery store. We'll shoot a few rounds. lol

That would be nice Frank, then I would get to see if that new bow of yours is any good or just "OK".

I have my BOWA on order and they are the best presses out in my opinion. Frank is also a great guy that will take good care of anyone that purchases one from him.
    Airborne Archery LLC, Authorized Obsession Dealer, Authorized Athens Archery DealerAuthorized Diamond, Styker & Octane Dealer
    2014 Obsession Phoenix, Spot Hogg Hogg-It, QAD HDX, Tight Spot Quiver
    2014 Obsession Evolution, Athens Testament, Spott Hogg Hogg It, QAD HDX, Tight Spot Quiver

I went to leave and i walked in on it exercising - again. lol

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIEDUDE View Post
    That would be nice Frank, then I would get to see if that new bow of yours is any good or just "OK".
    Attached Images Attached Images

I went to leave and i walked in on it exercising - again. lol
    Just like being in its mothers arms.

Back to the top.

I have a new Obsession Addiction coming to my stable and will post some pic's as it lands in the BowA.
    Buckeye Archery Solutions. Home of the Bow-A-Constrictor Bow Press
    www.buckeyearcherysolutions.com

A customers textbook loading of his Bear Anarchy.
    Last edited by DBLlungIT; May 1st, 2014 at 11:05 PM.

A customers textbook loading of his Bear Anarchy.
    Those limbs are pretty extreme but the Bowa handles them with ease.

New Helper Option Coming

This is one of my personal pet peeves that had to get addressed. I plan on making these in both black and orange to give contrast to the Power Bar colors that I have used in the past. For the current color scheme they will be orange.

But it is really nice to have a place to land the strings when your tuning bows. Ask Ray night if he likes the set he has. The production versions may have slightly shortler posts but they will be nice. This option will sell in pairs and I will start a new thread for them when they are ready to go.

Btw, I failed to introduce its name to ya. Meet the String Loop Pod. In case your wondering - they will work on every Bow-A that was ever shipped out. No exceptions.

This is one of my personal pet peeves that had to get addressed. I plan on making these in both black and orange to give contrast to the Power Bar colors that I have used in the past. For the current color scheme they will be orange.

But it is really nice to have a place to land the strings when your tuning bows. Ask Ray night if he likes the set he has. The production versions may have slightly shortler posts but they will be nice. This option will sell in pairs and I will start a new thread for them when they are ready to go.
    Last edited by DBLlungIT; May 3rd, 2014 at 10:48 PM.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast