Archery Talk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bow-A-Constrictor Bow Press.

65K views 530 replies 64 participants last post by  gad 
#1 ·
I noticed there is no thread in this section on the Bow-a-constrictor Bow Press so thought I should start one with links to the Bow-a-constrictor website and also the youtube videos showing just how good this press is. The Bow-a-constrictor press is legendary and considered by many professional bow technicians to be the finest bow press available at any price. Many guys that own a Bow-a-constrictor bow press started off with a linear press and upgraded to the Bowa for the added safety and the ability to press any bow or crossbow ever made. With the addition of the quick draw and tune accessory there is just about nothing that this press can't do. The drill attachment accessory turns it into a motorized press by just connecting a cheap battery drill in place of the hand crank. The designer and builder of the press is Frank Schneider and you will not find a nicer guy to deal with, he will go out of his way to make sure you are 100% happy with your press. Prices are available on the website and Frank will answer any inquiries promptly either through his website or via PM.

https://buckeyearcherysolutions.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XkAD_D0XF8

#31 ·
Same bow but older picture & showing - Athens Exceed 300 @ full draw checking can synch. in the previous gen 2 configuration. The difference is that the Gen3 Bypass Accessory starts from behind the Torque Arm instead of in front of it thus adding cycle to the press thereby keeping the Power Bar higher throughout the range of the limbs. A side benefit is that it adds additional strength to this accessory even though it didnt really lack it. One of those strengthening components comes from being able to bond the inside finger to the sleeved carrier instead of it acting alone plus the truss tubing that carries it all is welded across the back of the same sleeve which makes it all work together much better because of the shared strength. Works great and is unchanged again for 2014.

Attachments

#15 ·
The Bowa allows anyone to safely tune any bow on the market. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to use it and once you have one you will never need another press ever.
Due to the design being patented you can only buy this style of press through Frank at Buckeye Archery Solutions, if others could copy it they would because it is the ultimate bow press.

#20 ·
Are you selling these in Australia?
I am interested in getting one but not if international freight is involved - it makes everything large/heavy too expensive for me - it would double the cost.

#21 ·
I don't sell them, they are only available from the manufacturer in the US, Frank Schneider, his website is at the beginning of this thread.
I bought one from him 3 years ago and even with shipping the cost was less than a simple linear press from an Aussie shop and you really can't compare the two presses.
I bought mine with adjustable bench mounts which saves a little bit of weight and they work really well. Frank will give you a shipping estimate if you message him, his username is DBLlungIT.

#24 ·
Hi guys!!! I just found a thread here that i didnt know existed.

I think AUSSIEDUDE likes his press. He's drawn to safety & versatility. Or it can be said "versatility with safety"

BTW, the limbs are not touching the Bottom Pivot Rod's here. And shouldn't especially when intending to use the QD&T Accessory.

Attachments

#28 ·
Hunting in Australia is restricted to feral animals so basically anything that has gone wild is fair game.
We have hogs in plague proportions, rusa deer, red deer, fallow deer, hog deer, chital deer, Sambar deer, rabbits, foxes, goats, wild dogs, cats, water buffalo, scrub bulls (our most dangerous game, there have been fatalities) and brumbies (wild horses). There are probably more that I can't think of now. Most of our game is available year round but some of the deer have a closed season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.