Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Elite Energy 35 review

Elite Energy 35 review

So I got a few 35s in the shop last week. I hadn't really had to to tinker much with them until today. So here goes.

First thing is the finish of the bows is different, has a slightly rough texture to the riser and limbs. IMO its a better finish. Limbs don't have the streaky finish like on some prior models. When I say streaky I mean you can see the detail of the limb under the finish. The new ones don't have this.

No the million dollar question....CAM LEAN?

EVERY binary cam will have a small amount. The 35s (all 4 I have in the shop) have zero to NO lean. The 70 lber does have a tiny bit on the bottom cam but that's it.

Everything about the bow feels great. The grip seems slightly different and just molds into your hand, the draw was incrediable for a 70 lb bow. On the scales it checked out at 72 lbs. It actually felt less than 65.

Viberation is none existing. Bow feels amazing. It actually reminds me of how the insanity and experience feel on the shot. These bows are super quiet as well and don'thave that elite thump like prior models.

I was kinda shocked they dropped so many bows and only introduced one bow available in different ATA lengths. But I believe elite hit a home run with these bows. Way better than any elite ever made IMO. The "cage" doesn't bother me and I don't see it at all in the sight picture. DL was spot on as well when I checked it on the draw board.

Chrono results

I checked all 4 35s and all shot right at or near where they are advertised at. I was impressed and shocked at the same time. Just a simple review and nothing fancy. I'm not a fan boy of any bow, but I am a binary fan boy.
    Elite Energy 35 Blackou

Good review.......I just love the feel of the Elites! Draw cycle, valley,and hard wall! Just seems to be the best feel for me. The only concerns I have is the tuning issues with 2 track binary system. I like that your not seeing much cam lean on the new Energy's

I can't wait to shoot the 32.

Should be interesting to see how they bareshaft and broadhead tune.

I feel like the 32 may have a tad more cam lean being shorter ATA. I shot a 28 up in Paris and a 38 up in k45 with a binary can. The system works. I have a 35 ordered for a hunting bow but will wait till over in November to order my target bow, I have a reason to beleive another target bow is coming...
    Elite Energy 35 Blackou

I have two 35s on order I to was very impressed

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk now Free

the 32 feels identical to the 35 just in a smaller package there was a little tiny bit of string vibration,but as soon as i put a 7" elite stoker stab. Dead in hand. The new longer riser Makes these bows hold and feel great. I am having a hard time deciding which one id like, I usually shoot longer ata Bows but the string angle isnt no where as acute as on previous short bows ive shot. We have the 32 in the shop 65# limbs Black riser @29" right now I shot my hunting arrow out of it Gold Tip 55-75 XT shaft weighing in at 391 Grains with 100 grain target tip it chrono'd at 295 pretty impressive i think. Its definately the most silent, smooth drawing, sweet draw cycle 32-35 inch bows ive shot to date closest other bow ive personally shot Bowtech Insanity.
    Judge 70# 30"
    Gt 500 60# 30"
    Answer 70# 30"

When you say they had zero lean you mean at brace or at full draw?

We have the 32-35 in stock @ Premier Outdoors 330-695-2508 10447 Harrison road,Applecreek,Ohio if anyone's interested in trying either out. These have Zero lean at rest ill check em on the Hooter Shooter Friday at full draw. If anyone knows how to rotate the pic your more than welcome. Im not that skilled at the computer stuff. Were closed on Thursdays and Sundays Open till 3Pm on Saturdays
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Lance3.1R; October 9th, 2013 at 10:35 PM. Reason: additional info
    Judge 70# 30"
    Gt 500 60# 30"
    Answer 70# 30"

At full draw. Didn't check it at brace.
    Elite Energy 35 Blackou

Lance......Poaching on another's thread is pretty tacky.

Quote Originally Posted by CMA121885 View Post
    At full draw. Didn't check it at brace.
    How did they fix / counteract that? All the Elites I've seen have a lot of lean and it seems to be a byproduct of the system....not that I think some lean is a problem anyway just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by NCBuckNBass View Post
    How did they fix counteract that? All the Elites I've seen have a lot of lean and it seems to be a byproduct of the system....not that I think some lean is a problem anyway just curious.
    New riser I think took care of the lean its alot stronger and I didnt mean to Poach I jus seen he was from Michigan and were Along ways from him,If i offended anyone I apologize.
    Judge 70# 30"
    Gt 500 60# 30"
    Answer 70# 30"

My take on the cam lean issue is, Iv only saw answers and pure/pulse with bad lean. I never saw a hunter with bad lean. The hunter had a redesigned riser plus more parallel limbs and a softer cam. The answer and purges/pulses had some real serious issues and I feel it was related to less parallel limbs and larger more aggressive cams making the system to aggressive. That's just my take on it. I know the more aggressive cams the more tension is put on the cables.
    Elite Energy 35 Blackou

Well I finally got a chance to shoot the E35 tonight.......all I can say is WOW! what a smooth drawing sweet shooting machine! The one I shot had no visible cam lean. There was no vibration....VERY dead in the hand! Also the quietest elite I have ever shot. This bow draws and rolls into the valley like butter.....and of course rock hard back wall! People can talk speed all day long..... but if your not comfortable I dont believe your as accurate as you are when you can settle in and take that comfotable shot. I realize everyone likes different holding weight and valley......the Elites just feel right for me. The question is with my relatively short draw(27.5) do I go with the 32 or the 35? What do you guys think? Normally I would pick the 32 but Im leaning towards the forgiving and sweet shooting 35!

Grip to me felt a lot different.......no hump in it.

Felt similar to the Strother which they were pretty close already.

Local shop has a few in
    Kevin Garceau

Owner: G-Force Archery and Outdoors
    Custom high performance arrows built to your needs.
    I can help with any and all archery accessory needs at competitive pricing

I got a couple 32s in today and they have a touch more cam lean but I already suspected the would. Not bad but a lil on both top and bottom. Still very good shooting and slick.
    Elite Energy 35 Blackou

My guess is the reason for the lean on the bottom and not the top on the 35's is because the distance may be closer to the cable rod?

kind of like the shorter ATA on the 32's pulling the cables over harder.

Skeet.
    I cut my arrows twice and they're still too short.

Has anyone ever looked at the bottom cam on most Hoyt's? Don't think elite is the only one with cam lean
    CORE ARCHERY, home of "super serving". Guaranteed the tightest servings in the industry!
    Custom strings and cables and 2nd to none trouble shooting and tuning.
    Complete bow "Pimp package" $110.
    www.core-archery.com

Awesome review....can't wait to shoot this bow!

Quote Originally Posted by Core Archery View Post
    Has anyone ever looked at the bottom cam on most Hoyt's? Don't think elite is the only one with cam lean
    Agreed 1000%
    Elite Energy 35 Blackou

Quick question: what's the MSRP on the 35?
    I hold these to be the two greatest human values ever: Firstly, unconditional and universal love of all beings, and then, the sense of humour, with love giving meaning to our lives, and the sense of humour giving us solace from love. Doris Lussier
    "Humanity has evolved - as far as it has evolved," continued the old priest " with no thanks to its predecessors or itself. Evolution brings human beings. Human beings, through a long and painful process, bring humanity." Endymion

I bought one a few weeks ago. I love shooting again. I shot tight groups and tore up some fletching. I tore them off and fired the bare shafts. Wham! Great flight with my field tips. I checked broadheads and I was great to 30. It is a very nice bow. The grip took some adjusting to but I figured it out with some coaching.
    #1 Elite Energy 35

#2:mathews ZSEVEN

Im seriously looking at thos bow to target shoot. I shoot a mathews jewel for hunting and this year i got a new carbon rose to set up for 3d. Im not in love with it and thinking about trading for the 35. Bad part is i cant shoot one before ordering...bow shops dont keep it in stock at my draw length/weight. Do you think it will shoot much different than the bowtech?..both are binary cams. I shoot mathews really well but dont like the soft back wall for target shooting. Ive heard the wall on these are great and thats the reason i bought the bowtech in the first place.
    Oh i am a girl...26 in draw. Pull 45 on bowtech...50 on jewel...no problem
    Last edited by MulvaneyArchery; February 1st, 2014 at 08:32 AM. Reason: more info
    2013 Mathews Jewel Black/ Apex Axim Sights/ QAD ultrarest/ Maxima Blue Streak/ Tru fire hardcore thumb release (Hunting set up)

2014 Mathews Chill R/ Axcel Armortech HD Pro/LP light/ QAD ultrarest/ T.R.U. Ball Sweet Spot II/ Beestinger stabilizers/ Beman Diva 7.1 gpi, 100 gr nib (target set up)

Great review. They are definitely awesome bows, I'm buying one.
    "As the family goes, so goes the nation and so goes the whole world in which we live." -Saint John Paul II
    Hoyt CST, Spot Hogg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast