Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Frontier

Frontier

Purchased a Parker Frontier from the Sportsman's Guide for a steal, still waiting for it to arrive. Anyone else have one? Anything I should expect to run into tuning wise? Thanks ya'll.

damage, inc.

No one?
    damage, inc.

Bought one for my son a few weeks ago nice bow and for the price you can't beat it 239 with the sight quiver and rest

I tuned it no problems we had to drop the weight for him a little. I've been shoot it at 40 yds shoots great.image.jpghis best 20 yd group.

Thank you sir, I was kinda worried reading some feedback on Parker here. Took mine to the range the other day and couldn't be happier myself. $179, free shipping from the Sportsman's Guide. I think it's THE best bow I've ever had, hands down. ***** (five stars, not a cuss word)
    damage, inc.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglecaps View Post
    Thank you sir, I was kinda worried reading some feedback on Parker here. Took mine to the range the other day and couldn't be happier myself. $179, free shipping from the Sportsman's Guide. I think it's THE best bow I've ever had, hands down. ***** (five stars, not a cuss word)

Yeah not sure what's going on with all the bad Parker feed back. I live an hour and half from Parker's factory in Mints Spring VA we have multiple Parker dealers in the area. Several of my buddies shoot Parker and my brother shoots one of there crossbow bows. They all swear by Parker's customer service. I even thought about getting one of there 2013 Python bows back when I was looking early this year. I've been shooting my sons bow a little it really shoots nice.

Quote Originally Posted by blueheeler101 View Post
    Yeah not sure what's going on with all the bad Parker feed back. I live an hour and half from Parker's factory in Mints Spring VA we have multiple Parker dealers in the area. Several of my buddies shoot Parker and my brother shoots one of there crossbow bows. They all swear by Parker's customer service. I even thought about getting one of there 2013 Python bows back when I was looking early this year. I've been shooting my sons bow a little it really shoots nice.
    Every company goes through this sort of thing heck if you went by a bad post about this bow or that bow there would be no bows worth buying...lol
    2010 PSE x-force Axe 7,,,,,,,29"x45#

Member hoytcharger2013 owes me $20.00 or the quiver I purchased from him neg feedback was left, nothing worse than a thief......

I've had multiple Parkers (including a Frontier that I won't get rid of, easy tuning, quiet and reliable) my wife has shot Parker, and my neighbor also shoots a Parker. Absolutely zero problems all around and top notch customer service. I would say considering my comparison is the Hoyts that I shot prior I would say Parker holds up very well.
    PSE Sinister 60#- Easton Aftermath arrows- NAP Broadheads
    64" White Wolf Longhunter 50#'s @ 28"
    Carbon Express Heritage Arrows- Zwickey Broadheads

I bought my Frontier during a Whitetail Wednesday special through Sportsman's Guide for $143!! I got the bow and I read the reviews. I think what people are complaining about most is the draw on it. Mine was alittle aggressive feeling at first but knowing the bow was made over 4 years ago, I was expecting it to need to be "broken in". That is EXACTLY what it needed. After 60 shots, the bow draws smoother than it did when I first got it, not that I minded the way it drew back fresh outta the box, AND it hasn't lost any speed. Not that this was EVER a speed bow, but it was Parker's flagship bow and carried a $799 price tag when new. I love Parker bows because of the quality, the customer service and the price point. I don't need a "speed" bow to drop a deer or any big game. I can't say enough about the Frontier ..... especially at the prices they were being sold at for a brand new bow carrying the warranty! I really like it and I'm glad I got one. I'm going to call Parker about other leftover bows including the Black Hawk and the Inferno!! You have a GREAT bow at one heck of a price!! I'm a Parker fan now and my Daughter has a 2013 Parker Side Kick, my youngest has a Parker Buck Shot in pink camo and I'm looking to add more Parker's for myself!!
    Two 2007 Parker Frontier 29/70lb

I'm really liking the bow. I did order the walnut grip today from a dealer. Can't wait till it gets here, not diggin the Synprene grip all that much, but the bow itself is great. Vewwy Quiet.
    damage, inc.

I love Frontier. I added a ZVT Bloodsport string decelerator with the bristles and it makes it super quiet. Now if I can find more deer...
    Bear Agenda 6 70# + 29 Draw
    Parker Frontier

What is Sportsman's Guide?
    Parker Frontier

I found Sportsman's guide
    Parker Frontier

What arrows ya'll shootin out of the Frontier. At 63 pounds and 28" draw I'm using some BPS (Gold Tip) .340 spine and 29" long and they fly well, thinking about some Beman Hunter Pros or Easton FMJ as I've damaged a few of the others.
    damage, inc.

I'm using the el cheapo Carbon Express Wolverine 6070 from Wally World!! Yes they are 31" long, yes they are heavy for an arrow but for the price and the fact that they always hit exactly where I'm aiming, I can't complain. I had VAP arrows and they all got broken from robin hooding them or small game hunting and that's when I decided if I'm gonna keep up the small game hunting with a bow, I'll take the least expensive route I can and here I am. No complaints here.

I went with the El Cheapo Carbon Express Terminators 6075's! CE says their spine is .343. Shot today, they do fly well and are quieter and heavier than the GT's I was shootin. I cut mine down to 29 though.
    damage, inc.

Parker Frontiers dirt cheap on Sportsman's Guide again! sportsmansguide.com
    damage, inc.

Thank you eaglecaps .... going shopping at SG again thanks to you!! LOL Isn't it fun owning inexpensive archery stuff and having no complaints? The crap out now, considered "cheap", was top of the line at one point and with archery the way it is ... that's not long ago!!

EDIT: Dang it!! Item is currently on backorder But hey .... it can be ordered!! Heck, become a member, you can double your member discount and get free shipping!

Quote Originally Posted by NY_bowhunter View Post
    Thank you eaglecaps .... going shopping at SG again thanks to you!! LOL Isn't it fun owning inexpensive archery stuff and having no complaints? The crap out now, considered "cheap", was top of the line at one point and with archery the way it is ... that's not long ago!!

EDIT: Dang it!! Item is currently on backorder But hey .... it can be ordered!! Heck, become a member, you can double your member discount and get free shipping!
    I got on there and it didn't show anymore in stock...
    what's the deal ? anyone know ?

How do you like your frontier...?
    I had a phoenix 34 up until this july. I miss it.
    going to get another Parker for next season
    is it comparable to the phoenix ?

Lovin it.
    damage, inc.

Quote Originally Posted by MI1 View Post
    I got on there and it didn't show anymore in stock...
    what's the deal ? anyone know ?

How do you like your frontier...?
    I had a phoenix 34 up until this july. I miss it.
    going to get another Parker for next season
    is it comparable to the phoenix ?
    Phoenix 34 ..... 34" ATA
    7 1/4" BH
    80% Let Off
    3.9lbs
    $619 Suggested retail

Frontier .......... 33.5" ATA
    6 3/4" BH
    80% Let Off
    4.15lbs
    $719 Suggested Retail

I'd say they're pretty dang close. I haven't shot a Phoenix 34, but I do love my Frontier and I'm coming to the Frontier from 4 years of multiple PSE X Force HF 6's!!

Phoenix 34 ..... 34" ATA
    7 1/4" BH
    80% Let Off
    3.9lbs
    $619 Suggested retail

Frontier .......... 33.5" ATA
    6 3/4" BH
    80% Let Off
    4.15lbs
    $719 Suggested Retail

I'd say they're pretty dang close. I haven't shot a Phoenix 34, but I do love my Frontier and I'm coming to the Frontier from 4 years of multiple PSE X Force HF 6's!!
    I think the speeds were both around 310-313......which is plenty fast.
    I know my old phoenix 34 shot very well, held up, no problems. It was quiet and dead in the hand and the draw was super smooth and plenty of speed.

I think the speeds were both around 310-313......which is plenty fast.
    I know my old phoenix 34 shot very well, held up, no problems. It was quiet and dead in the hand and the draw was super smooth and plenty of speed.

You would be correct. Phoenix 34 was rated at 310fps IBO while the Frontier was rated at 313fps IBO. Both MORE than enough to drop big game. Heck .... humans have used the bow and arrow for MANY years that shot with less speeds and had much less kinetic energy. Maybe I'm just not all that concerned with speed so much as I am with price and functionality. Maybe I'm just plain cheap .... that might be it. Hahaha

You would be correct. Phoenix 34 was rated at 310fps IBO while the Frontier was rated at 313fps IBO. Both MORE than enough to drop big game. Heck .... humans have used the bow and arrow for MANY years that shot with less speeds and had much less kinetic energy. Maybe I'm just not all that concerned with speed so much as I am with price and functionality. Maybe I'm just plain cheap .... that might be it. Hahaha
    price and functionality is why I was shooting the phoenix 34. It was a great bow, yah it wasn't a Mathews but it held up like a champ. Very accurate! Quiet and dead in the hands.
    I just don't see why anyone needs to spend $800-$1000 when I can spend about 1/4 of that and get frontier or something from parker fully loaded and it will do the same thing..

price and functionality is why I was shooting the phoenix 34. It was a great bow, yah it wasn't a Mathews but it held up like a champ. Very accurate! Quiet and dead in the hands.
    I just don't see why anyone needs to spend $800-$1000 when I can spend about 1/4 of that and get frontier or something from parker fully loaded and it will do the same thing..
    This forum needs a like button feature!!! I won't own a Matthews for many reasons and the biggest being cost .... 'cause I ain't made of money!! LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast