Thread: Jennings Silverstar 25th Anniversary

Jennings Silverstar 25th Anniversary

Brethren of the Bow,

I own a one of a kind, original compound Tom Jennings Silverstar Bow. I inherited it from my Uncle who was a better Archer than myself, although I wish he was still around for a challenge to his title. He was very competitive in the sport from the 70's and 80's and early 90's and won the Bow in a competition. For years I have had it in storage but now I'm curious to see how much a Bow like this goes for. I know this bow is rare and I know what it was worth in the 80's. Just curious to see what that might be now.

Thank you for your response,

-Don
    Attached Images Attached Images

How much you want for it?
    Robbys Sales ... Great prices on Mathews, Elite, and Bowtech ... Mt. Airy, NC (336) 786-8017
    Vapor Trail Archery
    Elite GT-500 Next G1 Elite Energy 35 Black Elite Pure Cosmic Orange

If only I could find out how much its worth, I would have an answer for you

What was it worth in the 80's?? You must have some kind of idea what you want for it.

it cost 1000$ in 1980. Only 150 were made and some parts made with pure silver. Im hoping to find out maybe a little more on its worth

I would pose that question in the General Archery sectoin perhaps.
    Robbys Sales ... Great prices on Mathews, Elite, and Bowtech ... Mt. Airy, NC (336) 786-8017
    Vapor Trail Archery
    Elite GT-500 Next G1 Elite Energy 35 Black Elite Pure Cosmic Orange

thank you sir

I know your calling it a Silverstar...And I see the emblem....But that style of Bow was made in the 70s, the Areostar...Probably around 1977......But per AT rules you have too post a Price...
    2005 C.P ONEIDA BLACK EAGLE-TRU GLO 6 PIN SIGHT-LIMB SAVER STAB.-3-D ROVER TM.HUNTER REST-60 LBS.-31 IN. DL.-301/2 IN. 2413.XX78 ARROW..MONEY IS THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL.WISHED I HAD SOME.

Okay then, rules are rules, 2000$

I take that back, 2000 was just a shot in the dark. Now that I have an Idea of what its worth I would much rather trade for a modern compound hunting bow. I really have no use for it and would like to see it go to a good home where its uniqueness is appreciated. Shoot me with some trade options and ill get back to you as soon as possible!
    Thanks
    -DG

Myself and George Kilton were probably the first ones to order these bows before they hit the market. When they shipped us these bows U.P.S. went on strike so the Rep. had to reorder the two bows. What a bow that was back then ,George and I took home plenty of trophies with that bow.