Archery Talk Forum banner

Kisser button is striking cable roller

2K views 29 replies 12 participants last post by  DaneHunter 
#1 ·
Compound bow Auto part Bumper
Fictional character Action figure Metal
I just set up my new Bear Empire today and have a couple of issues I need help/advice. I just switched from PSE and have used a kisser button. Well today shooting my new Bear, my kisser button got all knarled up. I notice its hitting on the cable guide roller. I also notice my vane is touching the cable guard while sitting at rest. I will attach a couple of pics hopefully.

Anyone have this issue?

See less See more
#7 ·
Interesting..anyone else have this problem, and does anyone have any suggestions beside add another string stop? I just ordered a kisser and wanted to install it, but this has me wondering...

#8 ·
First I'd check to make sure my centershot is good. Then check for idler lean. You may be getting some lateral nock travel that's throwing your string toward the roller guard. If all that's good, I'd have to assume that your roller guard is bent inwards a bit. I've set up Anarchys, Motives and Empires and not had any that the fletchings would sit against the cables like that.

#9 ·
First I'd check to make sure my centershot is good. Then check for idler lean. You may be getting some lateral nock travel that's throwing your string toward the roller guard. If all that's good, I'd have to assume that your roller guard is bent inwards a bit. I've set up Anarchys, Motives and Empires and not had any that the fletchings would sit against the cables like that.
I was thinking, my roller guard is well away from the string by at least an inch.

#11 ·
Here's another pic to local bear dealer set my bear up asked him about it and said that's one of the problems with bear he didn't give a rats a.s about it. The only other local dealer is gander mtn... I think the roller guard arm is bent but can't find another Empire to compare it with any ody post a photo if they have one.

#15 ·
I bet that happened in shipping. Did you see the box or did your dealer already get rid of it? I'd bet money that it was bent during shipping.

#16 ·
Well first you must rotate your cock vane up! You can not shoot it down on a biscuit. The bristles on bottom are stiffer to guide arrow. This will put your bottom vanes at 430 and 730 and should clear the cables. The kisser is something I would have to see. Hope helps

#18 ·
Hey man I have a bear empire and mine certainly does none of these things at all!!! I am currently on leave till Monday so I won't be home to take pictures. I will when I get home but I'm sure by then bear would have contacted you and the whole thing should be figured out, I hope. Best of luck

#24 ·
I just checked mine a little earlier, and I'm not sure I have an inch but I definitely have clearance and way more than not looks like you have. I'll try to snap a quick pic tomorrow when I have some time. Let us know if you hear anything from Bear.

#25 ·
Somthing is janked up. If you remove your kisser, is the string still hitting? The kisser might be saving your sting for now. That guard definately looks bent.

#26 ·
Still haven't heard from BEAR. Went back to the local BEAR dealer and "hey jack" we have a problem. This time he took the bow and went over it and said yep we do. Put a call into BEAR. In the meantime i have a spacer in my cable roller arm and that took care of the problem. He went over my center line checked cam idler etc. Re sighted everything in and shot from 20 to 40 yards as good as I can shoot. ;)

#27 ·
any word on this? After looking at my bow, it almost looks like the wrong roller guard is on there. On my Empire, the arm has a gradual curve in it, yours looks sraight w/ a shift to the side.

#28 ·
My Bear dealer put a washer behind it to move it out a fraction, seems to work and shoot fine. I have sent two emails with pictures to BEAR and they have yet to respond. My dealer called Bear but there "guy" wasnt in so he left a msg. I have been very busy and haven't got back with him, because he hasn't called with what he found out, if anything.

#30 ·
I think Andy is there only guy that does customer service for Bear. He is either really good and gets things fixed right away, or he never calls you back...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.