Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2014 hoyt carbon spider

2014 hoyt carbon spider

Wow wat a price tag on this new bow! $1399? Anyone thinking of buying one? I have the element and love it but would like a shorter bow myself. Any big changes?

Hoyt carbon spyder 30, #70,27" draw,250 Grizz Stiks , Scott Sabretooth release, Tommy Hogg single pin .19 , Hoyt quiver,6.5" fuse blade stabilizer,200gr Monarch single bevel broadheads

Im getting one.
    Hoyt Carbon Spyder Turbo 70# @ 29" in Blackout
    Elite E 35 70# @ 29" Snow Riser with Black Limbs

Hideous.
    Insanity CPX PRODIGY Insanity CPXL
    Pass-Thru Posse

thats a steep price tag when one that performs nearly identical but a touch heavier can be picked up for 6-7 hundred used.

After the review and watching it shot side by side and only 7 fps different no thanks. I'm sure they sell a ton of them but not one to me. Not enough change or improvements for me I can get 2 spyder turbo for the price of one carbon no thanks.
    Pro Staff - Black Eagle Arrows
    Field Staff - Dead Center Archery
    AAA Bowstrings - Staff Shooter
    2005 Bowtech Allegiance 70#, 2013 Bowtech Experience

$1399????? OUCH

Coming from a diehard Hoyt lover myself!!!!! OUCH!!! Dont think I will get that one!
    Welcome to My World <----------------(((((

I believe it may be a better in sever aspects but if the Faktor i close to as good I can't see why people would go for the Carbon...

I know the Carbon Element sales were doen like 50% when the super nice aluminum Spyders were out... I suspect it will be similar.
    Bowtech
    Doinker
    Spot Hogg
    Tight Spot

Nope, not at that price. I will stick with my Spyder 30.

I shot both yesterday, the carbon spyder 30 and the faktor 30, the faktor had a little hand shock but sounded about the same and held just as good as the carbon spyder. It's gonna be a tough decision between the two.

Could you tell any difference in the new z5 cam compared to the rkt?
    Hoyt carbon spyder 30, #70,27" draw,250 Grizz Stiks , Scott Sabretooth release, Tommy Hogg single pin .19 , Hoyt quiver,6.5" fuse blade stabilizer,200gr Monarch single bevel broadheads

I'm not sure id pay that considering there is almost no performance gain I'mvery happy with what I've got and
    I think it would be hard to top what I have. I did shoot the element and I was considering a carbon bow nice bow but not worth it.
    Bowtech may be on ti something though carbon knight us affordable
    Spyder 30/g5 mags/kinetics

Quote Originally Posted by bowhunter.bk85 View Post
    Could you tell any difference in the new z5 cam compared to the rkt?
    I know this was directed at previous poster but I shot them Thursday. Felt a little smoother overall to me with a touch more valley. Very nice draw cycle. May be a Faktor in my future.
    Xpedition Xcentric
    QAD Ultra Rest HDX
    HHA DS 5519
    Gold Tip Velocity Pro 340's

The rkt cams would be hard to beat..I'm scared to go shoot them may hurt the wallet
    Spyder 30/g5 mags/kinetics

I shot them all yesterday, really like all the carbons. I think they hit a home run with the new riser. I ordered a carbon spyder turbo, but it was close between it and the carbon 30
    Owner, BLACKJACK BOWSTRINGS

HOYT Carbon Matrix G3 29"-70# snow camo (FOR SALE)
    Gold Tip pro hunter 55/75, SPITFIRE MAXX

Wow. I don't care how well it shoots. I will never spend that on a bow. I hope bowtechs flagship is a bad arse carbon under 900 bucks. Give Hoyt a punch in the junk for price gouging like this. Not that I would go buy one of those either. I'm a classifides shopper every since I found this site.
    ~RKT MAXXIS~
    }}}}------------------------------->>>> ⊙
    prescription strength bowhunting.

nope not at that price I will be looking in the classifieds and on ebay for either a used carbon element or 2013 spyder I may even look at getting the new faktor.

they keep charging more cause people keep paying. its all apart of marketing. everyone has to have a model that is priced outragous because every market will have a small base that will pay it. look at Ten Point crossbows, they have models over 2000.00 for a crossbow. also, the price of a new high end bow drops quite a bit when it becomes used.
    Educate yourself and test hang in your safety harness, it may save your life one day.

I want the carbon spyder turbo and haven't even shot one yet. Good for you hoyt keep up the good engineering. Seem their serious about making the ultimate hunting and target bows . Price is high but I'll find a way to buy one. The sound you hear is all the other manufactures jaws hitting the ground!
    Hoyt carbon Element Blackout
    Hoyt Maxxis 31 Rkt Blackout
    PSE Supra Me Blackout
    Wing Archery Presentation 2

I shot one yesterday , these are very nice bows, I think there a improvement over the first carbons, the riser seem stiffer, and to me they look better finish is better. I liked then. But I dint order one, I can afford it no problem ,But cant justify spending 1500 on a hunting bow . I will tell you they will sell a ton of these. plenty of people will buy them.
    ENJOYING LIFE @ FULLDRAW

I really wanted one, but That is steep. I can even afford it but I can't justify that much for a bare bow when there is a lot of other great bows out there.

Maybe if they don't sell well that would send a message to pricing. Just don't think they should be $200 more than a carbon element. Just my opinion though.

Ok I've had a couple people say they have shot the new line of bows but I'm not hearing a lot about the new cam system? Can you tell any difference in the new z5 cam or is it close to the rkt?

for that price tag, no. I am seriously considering the Faktor Turbo though.

To me the Z5 cam is a little smoother overall in the draw cycle with a little better valley. By looking at IBO numbers of bows I would assume it is a little faster, so maybe more efficient?
    Xpedition Xcentric
    QAD Ultra Rest HDX
    HHA DS 5519
    Gold Tip Velocity Pro 340's

Good to know that they are good shooters! As many suspected!

Here is the thing... I believe bows almost all of them are so efficient and tunable they are all very comparable and tunable and getting better. So, when you get a trendsetter out like the Carbon it may not be leaps and bounds better then what is out there or what one is shooting. So, for many $400 or $500 more is not worth the difference the bow may or not make.

But there will be many that buy them. Good luck to all!
    Bowtech
    Doinker
    Spot Hogg
    Tight Spot

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast