Thread: Hoyt Carbon Spyder Turbo or 30?

Hoyt Carbon Spyder Turbo or 30?

Here is my dilemma. I just sold my bow (Vector Turbo). I originally planned to get the Carbon Spyder Turbo. I went into my local shop to see if I could order one and they said that it would be a 6-8 week wait. They would not let me order one and said it was first come first serve when they finally got there. I could however get a Carbon Spyder 30 today. I went home and the wheels in my mind have been turning thinking of all the reasons a 30 would actually be good or better. I am on the verge of deciding to get the 30 instead of the Turbo. I have to admit that my impatience is playing a role in the decision.

My question to anyone who would like to weigh in. Is there any reason why I should wait and get the Turbo when I can have the 30 today and begin my love affair this weekend instead of two months from now? Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Wait on the Turbo, been there, done that.
    Destroyer 350 Optifade Forest
    Mathews HeliM
    QAD HDX
    CBE Tek Hybrid 3 pin

Flake how tall are you? What's your DL? If you are tall and your DL is 29" or more I would 100% get the longer axle to axle. Good things come to those who wait. Trust me I am waiting for my new 2014 and it feels like I'm 8 years old waiting for Christmas.
    2014 Hoyt Pro Edge Elite
    2013 Hoyt Pro Comp Elite XL

I am 6 foot w/ 29" draw. They ended up letting me put a deposit on the turbo. I get one from the first shipment. Don't know why they did not let me do that in the first place. I am proud of myself for waiting. It will be hard not shooting a bow for 8 weeks with the perfect weather out here right now. I need a loaner. Lol!

I just shot the carbon spyder 30 and faktor 30 today. I shot it at 28.5" and it felt GREAT! Both bows are pretty stable. The carbon has a bit less vibe but bearly noticeable. I think the faktor was quieter but may have bee the rest. Spyder had a biskit on it and the faktor a NAP apache.
    at 28.5 the string was RIGHT at the tip of my nose and it did NOT feel short ATA or feel unstable.
    The Z5 cams are larger than the RKT3's and let the string come off at a higher angle so it does not have as much string angle as the RKT.

Those Z5's are the sweetest cam Ive ever shot. BUTTER smooth, SOLID wall and a slight valley, they dont try and take off on you like an RKT if you relax at all.
    2014 Hoyt Carbon Spyder Turbo, Blackout, QAD HDX rest, MBG Accent 3 pin slider, Tight Spot, X rod. Axis 400's. 405.5gr
    2012 Hoyt Vector 32, Epic 340's 425.5gr w/Muzzy mx3, Copper John DN Mark3 5 pin, QAD HXD, X rod.

Shot the same bows yesterday. I was in the exact same dilemma, ended up ordering the turbo and waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Jkbowassasin View Post
    Shot the same bows yesterday. I was in the exact same dilemma, ended up ordering the turbo and waiting.
    I am glad I am not alone.

Turbo
    Xpedition Xplorer 65# 28.5" 346Grain Easton Flatlines 290fps Rage Titaniums
    All things are possible to him who believes. Mark 9:23

Quote Originally Posted by wwflake View Post
    I am 6 foot w/ 29" draw. They ended up letting me put a deposit on the turbo. I get one from the first shipment. Don't know why they did not let me do that in the first place. I am proud of myself for waiting. It will be hard not shooting a bow for 8 weeks with the perfect weather out here right now. I need a loaner. Lol!
    You chose well, and I am glad we have another guy suffering with those of us WAITING in the 2014 Order thread lol. If you feel like it head over and let everyone know what you ordered and update it when you get yours. I know when I ordered my 2013 bows people were posting they had gotten theirs and the very next day mine showed up. You can tell that Hoyt sends BIG batches of the same bows to dealers at the same time.

That's why the order thread is so useful because when people start getting theirs, there is a good chance yours will be showing up too
    2014 Hoyt Pro Edge Elite
    2013 Hoyt Pro Comp Elite XL

Quote Originally Posted by BowsBeforeHos View Post
    You chose well, and I am glad we have another guy suffering with those of us WAITING in the 2014 Order thread lol. If you feel like it head over and let everyone know what you ordered and update it when you get yours. I know when I ordered my 2013 bows people were posting they had gotten theirs and the very next day mine showed up. You can tell that Hoyt sends BIG batches of the same bows to dealers at the same time.

That's why the order thread is so useful because when people start getting theirs, there is a good chance yours will be showing up too
    I will head over to that thread for sure! That is a good idea!

Hey guys I don't mean to intrude on the op but for those of you who have compared the turbo to the 2013 turbo is there a good deal of difference. I mean I thought that my spyder turbo 2013 is the best I have ever owned. Would it behoove me know to upgrade?

Hey guys I don't mean to intrude on the op but for those of you who have compared the turbo to the 2013 turbo is there a good deal of difference. I mean I thought that my spyder turbo 2013 is the best I have ever owned. Would it behoove me know to upgrade?

Quote Originally Posted by spyder elite View Post
    Really only you can decide that.
    Mathews HeliM
    QAD HDX
    CBE Tek Hybrid 3 pin

Sorry for double post guys

I understand just looking for outside opinions. I work way too much so probably won't buy for awhile. Thanks though.

Quote Originally Posted by spyder elite View Post
    Cameron Hanes does a comparison. He gets his stuff for free obviously, so money aspect is meaningless to him. He will always have the newest and best, so take it for what it is worth. YouTube "Cam's 2014 carbon Spyder turbo".

Even at shorter DLs (eg 27" like Cameron's) the turbo is a better choice - 3 inches more is hardly noticeable and all the plusses outweigh the small increase in size - better to wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabr357 View Post
    Even at shorter DLs (eg 27" like Cameron's) the turbo is a better choice - 3 inches more is hardly noticeable and all the plusses outweigh the small increase in size - better to wait.
    I think that I agree with you! I am glad that my choice has been validated. 33" ATA is still actually pretty short. 6" brace height vs. 6 3/4 is not going to make much difference when the arrow is traveling at 305-320 FPS.

It alway great to get that new bow in the hands right now today, but if what you want is the Turbo then when they do get to your shop you're still going to want it and wish you'd waited. It sucks waiting for bows but you'll probably be much happier if you wait it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabr357 View Post
    All things being equal, yes. I did notice that the string angle on the CS30 fit me better than the 2013 Spyder Turbo. The Turbo wasn't bad, but the CS30 just felt perfect. If you have the 2 bows side by side and the price is the same and feel is the same, there's no reason not to get the Turbo. Personally , I'm going to wait until my shop has both so I can make a fair comparison. I've got a brand new bow to hunt with right now, I'm in a position where I can wait and finish out the season with what I got. Plus I might as well wait and see what Bowtech and Mathews come out with before I drop $1300 on a Carbon Spyder. Bowtech and Mathews will have to blow me away to keep me off that Spyder though
    Mathews HeliM
    QAD HDX
    CBE Tek Hybrid 3 pin

Quote Originally Posted by wwflake View Post
    Here is my dilemma. I just sold my bow (Vector Turbo). I originally planned to get the Carbon Spyder Turbo. I went into my local shop to see if I could order one and they said that it would be a 6-8 week wait. They would not let me order one and said it was first come first serve when they finally got there. I could however get a Carbon Spyder 30 today. I went home and the wheels in my mind have been turning thinking of all the reasons a 30 would actually be good or better. I am on the verge of deciding to get the 30 instead of the Turbo. I have to admit that my impatience is playing a role in the decision.

My question to anyone who would like to weigh in. Is there any reason why I should wait and get the Turbo when I can have the 30 today and begin my love affair this weekend instead of two months from now? Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

what kind of shop will not let you order what you want? Just call around and find a shop that got what you want
    ENJOYING LIFE @ FULLDRAW

Quote Originally Posted by NEWYORKHILLBILLY View Post
    what kind of shop will not let you order what you want? Just call around and find a shop that got what you want
    A crappy one
    Xpedition Xplorer 65# 28.5" 346Grain Easton Flatlines 290fps Rage Titaniums
    All things are possible to him who believes. Mark 9:23

I really liked the CS 30 but holding out for my CS Turbo on order. Went with the Turbo with the intent to make it my all around bow, hunting and 3d.

Trying to turn a new leaf and plan on keeping this one for 3 years. At least that my goal
    >>-----------> OT7 CUSTOM BOW TUNING <-----------<<
    GIVING YOU TRUE ARROW FLIGHT WITH GUARANTEED RESULTS
    www.facebook.com/OnTarget7Shane
    970-301-0706

Quote Originally Posted by ontarget7 View Post
    I really liked the CS 30 but holding out for my CS Turbo on order. Went with the Turbo with the intent to make it my all around bow, hunting and 3d.

Trying to turn a new leaf and plan on keeping this one for 3 years. At least that my goal
    If you don't I will be waiting patiently in the classifieds for you, Sir!