a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: Best bow to look for under 400 dollars

Best bow to look for under 400 dollars

I'm just a kid trying to get a nice bow that he's not going to have to work on. It seems every bow I've gotten in the past, (PSE, namely), has required too much work and time in the bow shop. I want to either find a deal on this site or on craigslist but it's hard to find the right fit. I have quality attachments such as rest and sights and what not from my previous bow ventures. Any suggestions on some lower priced new bows or some quality used ones I should be on the lookout for? Any suggestions from you fellas will help. 28" draw and 70# is about what I shoot.

just search the classifieds here. Dig deep through em. Unfortunately there aren't many 400 dollar brand new bows being produced. Check local pawn shops also, One near me has some sweet deals right now.

if you look around you could probably find a used model for around $400 I think I payed $450 for an hoyt alphamax on here once.

There is a fully loaded hoyt prohawk right now for 325. quality strings and accessories.

Quote Originally Posted by bucco921 View Post
    There is a fully loaded hoyt prohawk right now for 325. quality strings and accessories.
    Not the fastest bow around but they draw nice and smooth!

Also look at the Mission Craze. Being a kid you have to worry about outgrowing a bow and the craze will adjust as you grow. It is a very good bow. I started out with one 2 years ago. And they are only $299 brand new!
    2013 IBO World Champion & 2014 IBO Indoor World Champion
    Stanislawski Archery Products Pro Staff
    Black Eagle Arrows Pro Staff

Diamond Infinite Edge - great first bow. They go for $350. With the 50 bucks you have left over, junk the sight and get one with no tool adjustment of elevation and windage.
    Frankly, the Infinite Edge is just as accurate as my Hoyt Alpha Elite. (Can I say that here, without grief from the Hoyt fanboys?)

try American archery.com I got an rth package for cheap brand new bear assault

Quote Originally Posted by harpdude View Post
    Diamond Infinite Edge - great first bow. They go for $350. With the 50 bucks you have left over, junk the sight and get one with no tool adjustment of elevation and windage.
    Frankly, the Infinite Edge is just as accurate as my Hoyt Alpha Elite. (Can I say that here, without grief from the Hoyt fanboys?)

THIS ! ! I've been shooting for over fifty years and the first of this year, I cleaned out all the older bows (four) and sold them for enough to buy an Infinite Edge. I can honestly say that I have enjoyed shooting it more than any bow I have ever owned.

Mission riot has a better feel then the craze and you won't out grow it.
    Pro Staff - Black Eagle Arrows
    Field Staff - Dead Center Stabalizer's
    60X STRING STAFF
    2005 Bowtech Allegiance 70#, 2013 Bowtech Experience

I purchased an infinite edge this spring and it's an incredible value. Lots of performance for the money.
    A buddy bought one as a back-up bow and ended up using it as his primary over a bowtech 82nd airborne.

I would order a Hoyt charger. Top of the line technology at a low entry price. They cost less because of the riser material, but you won't notice the difference.
    What I use:
    2014 Hoyt PCE Red Fusion GTX
    2013 Hoyt Matrix AP Snow
    2011 Hoyt Contender Elite Spirals
    Doinker Hunter Unity Stabilizer Axcel Armourtech Sights

Hoyt Alphamax 35 is a great choice. Even an older Hoyt like a Ultratec would be just dandy.
    Stable full of Hoyt Bows... Home of the White Alpha Triad !! (Alpha Elite, AlphaBurner, Alphamax 35)
    Spot On Bowstrings, Fuse Carbon Blades, Doinker Stabilizers (Doink On), Axcel Sights, AAE, Scott, Bow Rattler
    Viper Sights, NAP Rests, Easton & Beman Shafts, Limbsavers, Tru-Ball.

Watch the classifieds. I picked up a gently used Infinite Edge for $300 on the classifieds with release, stab, stock sight, rest, quiver, and 4 carbon express arrows. Looks like it was hardly shot. My wife claimed it immediately. So I hit the classifieds again and got a Razor Edge w 30-60# limbs for 200 w stock sight, rest, quiver. Also looks great. May not be the best deals ever, but good enough for me.

A Mission Craze would be perfect for you!
    "Most of them should go in the trash can before you ever shoot them." - Dr. Ed Ashby on mechanical broadheads.

Used bowtech assassin and thank me later.

Martin onza 3
    A bad day hunting, is better than a good day on the couch..
    Proud part of the ARCHERY SHACK FIELD STAFF. archeryshackstrings.com
    Buy the best string the first time around, affordable, quality, every time.