Thread: Television shows not knowing the rules?

Television shows not knowing the rules?

I just sat down to relax in front of the television watching a little elk hunting. Wild Game Nation boys were hunting in Colorado and appear to be using at least one crossbow and at least one lighted nock. Last I checked, neither one was legal in Colorado during the archery season. Did anyone else see this?

Anu time a wildgame show is on i change the channel.
    Insanity Martin X200 Energy 32
    Pass-Thru Posse

The crossbow should be fine, because they are hunting on RFW property so it is an any weapon season. The lighted nicks, well.....

Seen the wild outdoors about 2 years ago hunting here in idaho with rage broadheads. Mechanicals are illegal in Idaho, sometimes a check of the regs would be really beneficial to these guys. Also x2 on changing the channel when wildgame nation comes on.

That crew is a bunch of clowns. I'm not surprised at all.
    knowing that you performed to the best of your ability is the only comfort in the time of defeat....

Just about every time I watch "The Kings of Gettin Them" hunting elk in CO, they do something illegal.
    2006 LH Bowtech Old Glory 70#, 32 1/2" draw, back to the Hostage rest, SH 7-pin Hunter, 500gr TR Crush 300 @ 285fps.
    2007 LH Bowtech Commander 60#, 32" draw, Limbdriver rest, BG 5-pin Flashpoint.
    2014 PSE Freak SP 70#, 32" draw, not set up yet.

Wild Game Nations is quite possibly the worst show on TV. I turn the channel even before they come on.
    Lien2

Quote Originally Posted by Lien2 View Post
    Wild Game Nations is quite possibly the worst show on TV. I turn the channel even before they come on.
    +1! I won't watch their crap show or every buy another piece of their crap gear.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem. Government is the problem."

Quote Originally Posted by Lien2 View Post
    I pretty much agree on the poor quality of the show. If they were not self-sponsored, they would never make it. Since they were bowhunting elk, I just thought I would see what was going on. Within two minutes, I picked up on the crossbow and the lighted nock. Being guided, you would think they could get it right. Or, with that bunch, maybe they are just above the rules for the sake of making a show.

Quote Originally Posted by pronghorn View Post
    The crossbow should be fine, because they are hunting on RFW property so it is an any weapon season. The lighted nicks, well.....
    Seeings as how they could hunt with a rifle I'm not sure that there are any rules broken, even while using lighted nocks (?).
    The kill is the satisfying, indeed essential, conclusion to a successful hunt. But, I take no pleasure in the act itself. One does not hunt in order to kill, but kills in order to have hunted. Then why do I hunt? I hunt for the same reason my well-fed cat hunts...because I must, because it is in the blood, because I am the decendent of a thousand generations of hunters. I hunt because I am a hunter.- Finn Aagard

Got a DVD from Mathews once and one of the episodes was Lee Lakosky hunting a mule deer that he called Lucky. It was in Northern CO. When he finally shot the buck out of the blind you could see that lighted nock glowing all the way to the buck. I think not only was the buck lucky but he was also with so many people seeing him break the law in CO.

I don't really like any of the TV shows as they all seem to be nothing but info-mercials , but Idaho not allowing Mechanicals makes me glad I bought land there !
    Can't wait to retire and live there FULL-TIME !

I think that their thought is.....the fine is only $68 so what the heck. I ran into a muzzleloader hunting elk one time. I was bowhunting, wearing camo cloths and he was in camo cloths too. He said he had the required orange clothing in his backpack and that the fine was only $68 if he got caught by a warden not wearing orange; big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman14 View Post
    Anu time a wildgame show is on i change the channel.
    x1000000000. I Effing can't stand them guys and the show they rode in on. What a bunch of clowns that need removed! How can they possibly be in business and have a show??????????? Blows my mind.

Rant over.

CPW wants your hunting/tourism dollar every year and doesn't want to scare you away, so the fines are a slap on the hand and away one goes. Colorado speeding tickets carry higher fines.

Quote Originally Posted by Counting Coup View Post
    CPW wants your hunting/tourism dollar every year and doesn't want to scare you away, so the fines are a slap on the hand and away one goes. Colorado speeding tickets carry higher fines.
    Same thing here in Idaho with illegal off road atv use. Slap on the wrist at best, no deterrent to stop people.

Quote Originally Posted by pronghorn View Post
    Ranching for wildlife tags are only available to residents of Colorado. I believe these guys are from somewhere in the southern states. How do they get the tags?

Quote Originally Posted by huntat12six View Post
    Ranching for wildlife tags are only available to residents of Colorado. I believe these guys are from somewhere in the southern states. How do they get the tags?
    the draw tags are only available to residents (which are mostly cows and a small number if bull tags)...the "real" RFW tags go to those with enough money to buy 'em.

Last night on Intrepid outdoors they showed whitetails on huge corn piles in Wyoming. Baiting is illegal here.

Pretty common I think. Arrow Affliction people came here to MT and were flabbergasted that they couldn't use their lighted nocks, sight lights, and bow mounted cameras. People hunt and fish like where they're from.