a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any changes for the DST-40 for 2014?

Any changes for the DST-40 for 2014?

Does anyone know of any changes in the DST-40 or 36 coming in 2014? Any additional options, colors, faster lead time, lower/higher cost??

Talking to Chris earlier in the year was considering making the 36 available as a 7" by way of reflexing riser more....not using a short limb like now.

Unless theres issues getting limbs (low qty) I would prefer the same riser as now.
    but then again if theres a new reflex riser and the 13 short limbs......you can build a 6" dst36.

not for me but doable
    this was conversation early this year so who knows if its still the plan

I would believe they are going up in price as is most everything else. The prices of products from Europe will cost more USD because of the USD is loosing status as a world reserve currency. If you want to purchase an OK Archery bow now would be a good time.
    According to the current regime Americans are too stupid to retain individual freedom...

I would really like to get one threaded hole a bit lower than half way down below grip towards riser end, on the back side facing the string....
    just one, please...
    ok, give me two.....
    divide by 3 the distance below my grip and bottom of the riser, and put one hole into each segment
    facing the string
    OK Archery, CarboFast, Shibuya, Beiter, CX,

All you need is a drill press and a 5/16-24 Tap ( can you imagine tapping it at home )...

Quote Originally Posted by bigHUN View Post
    I would really like to get one threaded hole a bit lower than half way down below grip towards riser end, on the back side facing the string....
    just one, please...
    ok, give me two.....
    divide by 3 the distance below my grip and bottom of the riser, and put one hole into each segment
    facing the string
    According to the current regime Americans are too stupid to retain individual freedom...

Quote Originally Posted by Tooltech View Post
    All you need is a drill press and a 5/16-24 Tap ( can you imagine tapping it at home )...
    With a mill at home... I can already see myself doing it!

Right now would be a good time with the bow apart waiting on strings...
    OK Archery DST40
    AlphaMax 35 - "Deer Shiner" Blue Fusion

Reaper Custom Strings

Heaven forbid!

Put down the tap adapter and step away from the mill...When Chris reads your post he will send Interpol to confiscate your DST.

Quote Originally Posted by Altec111 View Post
    With a mill at home... I can already see myself doing it!

Right now would be a good time with the bow apart waiting on strings...

Quote Originally Posted by Tooltech View Post
    ........when Chris reads your post he will ...

I don't see much written here about the CST versions. Does OK still make them? Does anyone have one?

I don't see much said on this forum - just the DST version.

Quote Originally Posted by ctarcher View Post
    I don't see much written here about the CST versions. Does OK still make them? Does anyone have one?

I don't see much said on this forum - just the DST version.
    Most guys will opt for the DST beings that is what OK is really known for. The CST is still made though.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
    Owner of Prestige Archery Custom Bowstrings
    www.prestigearchery.com

The Cable Shoot Through ( CST ) is what the Double Shoot Through riser model ( DST ) comes with. The SMOKE is the open sided riser that can be ordered with CST ( best option IMO ) or you can order the offset cable guard option.

I own the R8-40CST ( no longer available ) which is the open sided riser ( right hand ) with the Cable Shoot Through ( CST ) system. The R8-40 has an 8.1 brace height and the same Cam system as the other OK Archery products. The R8 was offered with a 40 inch A-A or a 36 inch A-A. The R8-40CST is my perfect target bow and I will never part with them.

I have ordered the new SMOKE with the CST option and the 70% mods option ( due within the next 4 weeks ).

If you want an OK Archery bow now would be a good time...The USD is dropping against the Euro and will continue to weaken due to QE...IMO.

OK archery told me, in next december they offer their bow with a better choice for the draw with a 5pnd stepp : ex possible to order a bow at 40-50 or 45-55 or 50-60 or 55-65 ect

Heard of a maybe ds38

A DST-38? Haven't heard about this. I wonder what the would change - riser - limbs?

The 5-lb. step in peak draw weight is a nice compromise for those who think 60 or 70 is a bit higher than they would normally shoot a target bow.

Gentlemen, OK Archery is coming out with a DST 38. To be unveiled at the ATA show next year. I have 3 on order. Expecting them some time in January. Nothing new on the DST 40's at this time. Price will increase, due to the poor dollar and import tax. I still have 2 DST 40's in stock.

Some time in 2014 Chris will make the DST-36 and the DST-40 riser with a drilled and tapped hole below the grip.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraftsmen View Post
    Some time in 2014 Chris will make the DST-36 and the DST-40 riser with a drilled and tapped hole below the grip.

OK - it's mid year, June already, so I'll ask the question again - Is there anything in the works for new OK bows this year or next?

I've read about new lower threaded holes, shorter limbs, a new DST38, and wish lists - basically a bunch of chatter.

Anything from the company??

I'd like to hear, primarily, about changes to the DST40.

Thanks

Im guessing the limbs on the dsts will have pillar blocks to hold the axle, like the absolute...
    I have learned that it takes time to learn........

And when I see where they drill and tap that hole, if no changes are made to the riser to allow for it, bet your bottom dollar I will drill and tap my 2013s
    I have learned that it takes time to learn........

Quote Originally Posted by jaydub View Post
    And when I see where they drill and tap that hole, if no changes are made to the riser to allow for it, bet your bottom dollar I will drill and tap my 2013s

I'm sure that some staff shooters know of changes - pillow blocks, shorter limbs, extra stabilizer holes, handle changes, new colors.....

Anyone have some input besides wishful thinking or guessing?

I was told that the new DST 40 and DST 36 will come with limb stops like the DST38. Of course you will have the option of removing or keeping them on depending on preference.
    Proud authorized dealer for Ok Archery bows and Carbofast stabilizers.
    DST40 and DST38 (Absolute), DS Advantage Sights and Rests, Carbofast Stabilizers, Stan Just X
    "Tuning can only be relevant if you have consistent form; and if you have consistent form , tuning then becomes irrelevant." Bernie

Quote Originally Posted by mgnasi View Post
    ...limb stops like the DST38....
    On Absolute definitely beneficial keeping both limbs stops in good shape...

Hugo - what's new with the DST40 this year or in 2015? How about the dealers, surely they should know something is going to change.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast