Thread: Hoyt Ignite

Hoyt Ignite

Ok so here is the dilemma I'm currently having to deal with. My girl friend has been really enjoying going to shoot with me and is even talking bout hunting next year with me. I want to support her and keep her motivated with archery but she is hating the bow she is shooting. I picked up a charger this year and she loves how it feels however she gets tired really easy with mine at the 60lbs. Its also just a hair to long for here especially when shooting with a wrist release. I saw the hoyt Ignite and thought that I has a lot of possibilities for not only the weight but also the draw length and a possibility to maybe get passed on to her kid when hes ready so a bow that I might be able to buy once and take care of two people. We went to cabelas and they had a model that seemed very close to the hoyt in specs but she said it just didn't feel good to her however she also admitted that it might have actually been because it was a different bow and also because it actually fit her correctly. How long do people think it will take for ignites to start showing up or might it be worth taking another look at the bow at cabelas. I cant even remember what bow it was but I think it was one made for them by bowtech or diamond. Any words of advice?

B-

Get her an ignite. Your workign against her in lettint her shoot YOUR BOW at 60#. Heck I dont know of many ladies that an shoot at 60#
    2014 Hoyt Carbon Spyder Turbo, Blackout, QAD HDX rest, MBG Accent 3 pin slider, Tight Spot, X rod. Axis 400's. 405.5gr
    2012 Hoyt Vector 32, Epic 340's 425.5gr w/Muzzy mx3, Copper John DN Mark3 5 pin, QAD HXD, X rod.

She does the 60# pretty good for about 5 or 6 shots. Being a former army girl she still has all the back muscles and strength but after the 5 or 6 shots her form starts to suffer. I know I could get another charger at a lower draw weight but her draw would still be just a hair to long and I think the 19-30 gives a ton of versatility that I just cant get out of another charger. The plus is her son who is almost 10 already has a 17inch draw so he will only get closer to being able to use the same bow once she really descides if she wants to keep at it at which point hunt her down a nicer bow.

Well shes an adult. Finished growing..i dont see the issue.. take her to a reputable hoyt dealer have her length measured and buy her a 40-50 lb charger in HER draw length. ..no need to buy a kids bow that is made to grow with the shooter when shes a grown woman.

Yup. Get her a charger in one of the Vixen color schemes and you'll probably have to make excuses for her NOT to go hunting with you. LOL
    2014 Hoyt Carbon Spyder Turbo, Blackout, QAD HDX rest, MBG Accent 3 pin slider, Tight Spot, X rod. Axis 400's. 405.5gr
    2012 Hoyt Vector 32, Epic 340's 425.5gr w/Muzzy mx3, Copper John DN Mark3 5 pin, QAD HXD, X rod.

Well went and measured her out and shes right at 24 inch draw so the charger with the vixen might not be a bad plan. The only reason I had been considering the Ignite is because of here son almost being able to handle the Ignite and she still not being totally convinced or committed to keep shooting and or the hunting. I'll see what they can do for me and go from there I guess. I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by elkbow69 View Post
    Get her an ignite. Your workign against her in lettint her shoot YOUR BOW at 60#. Heck I dont know of many ladies that an shoot at 60#
    My wife shoots 60 and would shoot my old 70 lb bow if I would let her try at least. It's from packing kids

I would let her shoot them side by side in the correct draw length. let her decide.
    The diamond infeite edge is just like the Ignite. I help some kids that have them. Back wall is spongy. I was told the Ignite has the same back wall feel. That may be a factor to think about.
    If she can pull 60# into a solid back wall bow the Charger would pobably work better. Always better to shot them and pick the best fealing bow!
    Just my 2 cents
    Notch
    2009 Pro Elite 2013 Spyder 30