Archery Talk Forum banner

Motive 6/ Full Throttle/DNA SP/Agenda 6

10K views 77 replies 13 participants last post by  CamoCop 
#1 ·
I finally gave bear a chance tonight and walked away fairly impressed. Shot the Motive 6 at 52lbs and it felt great. Im looking for something fast to keep in the stable with the Faktor. Tell me why I should get a Bear rather than a PSE.

#2 ·
I much prefer the grips on the Bear line than the PSE. I like the option of the rubber or shooting off the riser. I'm not much for a grip that has square corners. My hand isn't square so it doesn't fit me as well. The Bear line has a better valley IMO too. The PSEs that I've shot are nice bows but I get a bow to hunt with. Sometimes you have to hold at full draw in an awkward position and the last thing I need is for a short valley, low letoff bow ripping my arm off if I get a little relaxed while holding back. Good luck with your decision. Either way you'll get a quality bow.

#3 ·
Because bear stands behind their equipment 100 percent. I know for a fact. They exchanged out my sight, rest and bow. They sent it to me without any questions and sent me return tags to send my my bow and accesories back. I paid nothing. What bow company out there would send you over a thousand dollars worth of equipment over night? I love there products and there loyalty. I cant say enough good about them they have done so much for me. You wont regret going with bear.

#5 ·
It's every bit as fast and then some they are right on the money with there specs. and yes I agree the valley is great effortless to draw back and let down and you can hold it at full draw forever. You must go with what you shoot best and have the most confidence with but I can honestly say my bear has made me more confident than any other bow i ever shot and thats why I shoot bear and only bear from here on out.

#14 ·
i am/was having trouble with my Motive 6 it was cutting strings! after the 2nd time i called Bear and im getting the new Agenda 6, free shipping but its over ten days out, they have to make it for me... and i want it at 60# for 3D... love bear fore there customer service

#24 ·
I've had pse before and like them, however I do not the micro valley they seem to have. I tested a motive 6 last yr and thought it was a good hard hitting bow but the draw was stiffer feeling than I like. This yr my shop told me to try the new agenda and I did right alongside with the new hoyt's and now I am impatiently waiting for my new agenda to come in! For whatever reason the agenda feels much smoother/easier on the draw than the motive did last yr, the only thing I can think of and was told is that the new hinge guard helps to spread the draw force out better vs all at once with a fixed type cable system. The bow was dead on shot and quiet, actually scary how quiet and dead it is for how fast it's cutting arrows loose. I shot an agenda 6 right off the shelf at 61 lbs, 29 draw and 363 arrow and consistently hit 303 fps and my spyder turbo at same specs was 298 fps. The agenda was not tuned and had a whisker biscuit on it vs my qad on turbo so not sure where that falls into stated ibo but I have to imagine it's right there. Man just talking bout this bow has me chomping at the bit and I was told end of nov before it comes in. Never wanted thanksgiving to come so quick as I do this year, lol!

#25 ·
I wish they would have made the hinge guard with rollers attached to it rather than that thin cable slide. Roller guards are know for not chewing up cables so why not put them on the hinge guard?

#26 ·
i wish they would have made the hinge guard with rollers attached to it rather than that thin cable slide. Roller guards are know for not chewing up cables so why not put them on the hinge guard?
huh?

#33 ·
Roller guards decrease friction and increase efficiency. Drawing a bow with a cable slide, no matter how smooth it is, basically scrapes along the cables each and every draw and fire. The roller guards may have some friction but because the rollers rotate as the cables go by, it decreases that friction and gives a smoother and more efficient draw and power stroke. It'd be like pushing a car where the tires rotate vs one that doesn't. It takes a lot more effort to overcome that friction. I don't think it would jump 10% or anything crazy like that but any amount of better efficiency is a good amount. If nothing else, it may save some wear on the cables. I'm just thinking that for your flagship bow, why not have the best of both?

#34 ·
That's a good point and I see what you're saying. Maybe a 2015 option? Bear sure has come a long way in the past few years and it will be interesting to see what the future brings for them. Now if they would just build mine and get it here I could sleep better, lol.

#46 ·
the arrow on the right is the corner the pro shop pointed out that may be cutting the string loop at full draw... i talked with JR @ Bear for about a hr on this, he said this should be fixed. ( some bad cams where Released ) oh ty you for the picture mood i downloaded it :)

#48 ·
the arrow on the right is the corner the pro shop pointed out that may be cutting the string loop at full draw... i talked with JR @ Bear for about a hr on this, he said this should be fixed. ( some bad cams where Released ) oh ty you for the picture mood i downloaded it :)
the Bear customer service is great but takes two months for me to get the parts here in Brazil, I'll withdraw that corner to be able to use the bow until we get the new cam and string from Bear.

#51 ·
any time lets keep each other informed i well be getting mine soon. god i hope i don't have to deal with this problem

#52 ·
The Motives had a problem with some of the cams being a little sharp and cutting some loops. I haven't personally seen it on any that I've sold or shot. I guess it was a bad run of cams for a limited time. It's not all of them but just a small few. The problem has been corrected and the Agendas do not have any of those bad cams on them.

#56 ·
The Motives had a problem with some of the cams being a little sharp and cutting some loops. I haven't personally seen it on any that I've sold or shot. I guess it was a bad run of cams for a limited time. It's not all of them but just a small few. The problem has been corrected and the Agendas do not have any of those bad cams on them.
Mine thankfully hasnt had that problem.

#55 ·
how are you liking it so fare? have you shot a Motive? any insight

#59 ·
new Agenda 6 60 pounds pix... fully setup but not tuned yet. going to the range tomorrow :) i got 303 fps last night with a 386 g arrow:)

The hinge guard seems to work great and dose its job. ( a step up over the roller guard ) took a good look when we had it on the drawing board and the hinge guard seem to take out a lot of cam lean with no unwanted movement, very solid . the cables get to move left when at full draw and not a lot of wear on the cables like i was worried about... very smooth draw and nice back wall too, be even better with custom strings... only shot it last night about 15 times however its a nice step up from the Motive 6... cams have some chances too from the 2013 models... i am very happy with this so fare....

Room Recording studio Drums Drum Studio
Room Property Wall Ceiling House
Compound bow Bow Technology Room Machine
Compound bow Bow and arrow Bicycle part Bow Bicycle wheel
Bicycle part Machine

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.