a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mathews chill r

Mathews chill r

Anybody shot one how's the back wall

I shot one yesterday. Great backwall, I did a pretty thorough review if your interested, the backwall is great and I only shoot bows with draw stops. Liked it so much I ended up leaving with one ordered and I went in there trying to hate it

Quote Originally Posted by goodoleboy11 View Post
    I shot one yesterday. Great backwall, I did a pretty thorough review if your interested, the backwall is great and I only shoot bows with draw stops. Liked it so much I ended up leaving with one ordered and I went in there trying to hate it
    x2. It's a great shooting bow. Anyone who shoots it should be impressed.
    Mathews HeliM 29/70, Spot Hogg Hunter, QAD HDX, B Stinger Pro Hunter, Gold Tip Expeditions, Carter Chocolate Lite

I shot one yesterday too. Back wall is spongy, very spongy compared to the new Hoyt's.
    2014 Faktor 34 - Axcel AX-2000, Hamskea Versa-Rest, Stan Releases, Doinker Fatties, CXL Pro's
    2012 Vector Turbo - HHA DS-5510, Hamskea Versa-Rest, Stan Releases, Doinker Dish, Black Eagle Challenger's
    Antler's Archery Shooting Staff

I shot it yesterday, I thought it was spongy too same as last years Chill. Both draw stops were hitting at the same time too. Hmmmm
    ELITE ENERGY 32 Camo Riser, Black Limbs

Quote Originally Posted by smooch View Post
    i shot one yesterday too. Back wall is spongy, very spongy compared to the new hoyt's.
    lol

Try to shoot one. You're obviously gonna get 90% biased/hate answers on this site.
    2013 Mathews Creed 60/27
    2014 Mathews Chill Blue Ice 60/27
    2013 Obsession Addiction

If you're not making Dust, you're eating it!

Unless they put limb stops on it it will draw the same IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Dabo72 View Post
    Try to shoot one. You're obviously gonna get 90% biased/hate answers on this site.
    From hoyt bowtech pse and elite fanboys that have never tried shooting anything else. Haha right you are

I own a chill to me the chill r back wall has improved. Shoots great and holds good.

photo 3.jpgphoto2.jpgI just left the Archery shop and unwrapped a couple new bows. I first shot the Chill R. Nice and smooth, solid back wall, and very fast. I did notice a vibration that would come up from the bottom of the bow and continue to the top after the shot. I expected dead in the hand with zero vibration. I took an axion stab off another bow and put it on the chill R. Took the vibration away. I had a chill set up exactly Chill R. I couldnt find much difference. Here is when it got interesting. I opened up the new Blaze from Mission.........yea check out the pics. Smooth, fast, but did notice the back wall was really spongy. The bow had zero vibration with no stab on it. Just saying......$500.00 cheaper and almost the same bow. I shot them both for about 20 minutes and discovered the only difference was the back wall. I am a Mathews shooter and have been since High School. Just seemed funny.

Quote Originally Posted by maxxis88 View Post
    I shot it yesterday, I thought it was spongy too same as last years Chill. Both draw stops were hitting at the same time too. Hmmmm
    Both Draw stops? lol

Spec wise it is the one and only Mathews I'd be interested in shooting. My 26" draw narrows the playing field considerably............
    "You got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em,
    Know when to walk away and know when to run.
    You never count your money when you're sittin' at the table."
    Supra ME, BowMadness 34, DNA SP
    Stan ShootOff and JustX releases for hunting, foam and paper!

Quote Originally Posted by Dawk91373 View Post
    photo 3.jpgphoto2.jpgI just left the Archery shop and unwrapped a couple new bows. I first shot the Chill R. Nice and smooth, solid back wall, and very fast. I did notice a vibration that would come up from the bottom of the bow and continue to the top after the shot. I expected dead in the hand with zero vibration. I took an axion stab off another bow and put it on the chill R. Took the vibration away. I had a chill set up exactly Chill R. I couldnt find much difference. Here is when it got interesting. I opened up the new Blaze from Mission.........yea check out the pics. Smooth, fast, but did notice the back wall was really spongy. The bow had zero vibration with no stab on it. Just saying......$500.00 cheaper and almost the same bow. I shot them both for about 20 minutes and discovered the only difference was the back wall. I am a Mathews shooter and have been since High School. Just seemed funny.
    Same thing with the Chill and the Ballistic.

Just bought a new Mathews Chill R. I love the 33" ATA ! Another quality built product by Mathews! Thank you Matt !

If you ever shot a Chill then the Chill R has the same wall. Same cam. The R is plenty fast and vibe free. The semi spongy wall isn't a deal breaker for me but I know some just can't stand it. Bow was pretty impressive though. I'm sure it will do well.
    Hoyt Carbon Spyder 30 Xtra 65/28
    Axcel Armortech HD Vision Pro
    Hoyt QAD HDX
    6.5 Fuse Carbon Blade
    Easton daTorch 330 w/Muzzy Trocar heads

Thanks for the nice insight. I too shot it yesterday and I own a bowtech experience.....I wish I never shot it but it seemed to HOLD effortlessly ....I'm in trouble
    Bowtech Experience. Limb driver rest, BStinger, Sword site, black eagle arrows, wasp Broadheads

you tube video i found. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KC5DopInXNs
    time to head to the shop and see for myself.
    After shooting mathews, hoyt, pse, bear, new breed, bowtech, and mission i finally picked one.
    Strothers

Quote Originally Posted by Viper69 View Post
    Unless they put limb stops on it it will draw the same IMO
    And that isn't necessarily a bad thing Not so much the draw but the wall.
    2015 Bowtech Prodigy =---}}}----------------:>
    Well outside of the

I just got done shooting the Chill R. I thought the bow was an awesome shooting bow. It had a great draw cycle, and was very light weight for a 33" ata bow. The back wall left a little to be desired but maybe it needed a little fine tuning.
    Chill X 60# 28" Helim 70# 28"
    Spot Hogg Sights
    QAD HDX
    Axion 5" Stabilizer
    Carbon Express Mayhem Hunters 420 gr

I loved the chill but thinking it was two short of ata for longer shots want to try the r

^ Find a guy that really knows his Monsters, like Bownazi here in Pa.. He worked his magic on my Chill and it felt great when he was done.
    2015 Bowtech Prodigy =---}}}----------------:>
    Well outside of the

Quote Originally Posted by XxHolleyxX View Post
    Both Draw stops? lol
    Yeah, both of them. Top and bottom. LOL
    ELITE ENERGY 32 Camo Riser, Black Limbs

Quote Originally Posted by maxxis88 View Post
    Yeah, both of them. Top and bottom. LOL
    The ChillR doesn't have draw stops

I liked the shorter ata myself

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast