a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: hoyt factor vs hoyt carbon spyder

hoyt factor vs hoyt carbon spyder

Has anyone shot the two side by side? What are the pros and cons

Also interested.

I've shot both pretty extensively, basically the only difference is in the vibration. The Carbon has 0 the Faktor has a little bit, not much but it is there. Same cam, same draw, shoot the same, to me anyways.

For a hunting bow, my opinion is that the temperature difference alone is worth the increased cost. I upgraded from a vector 35 to a carbon matrix this year and while shooting 3-D all summer, I honestly second guessed my decision. The difference in feel at the shot is almost non-existent if both are tuned properly. However, sitting in a treestand with temps in the twenties all last week, the difference is night and day. I have always worn only a very light glove on my bow hand and after just a couple minutes holding my bow in cold temps, it could get downright painful. With the carbon riser, it wasn't an issue. If you don't hunt in cold temps, or wear a heavy glove anyway; save your money and buy the aluminum riser.

Quote Originally Posted by thencprince1515 View Post
    I've shot both pretty extensively, basically the only difference is in the vibration. The Carbon has 0 the Faktor has a little bit, not much but it is there. Same cam, same draw, shoot the same, to me anyways.
    This about sums it up, as for the Faktor vibes they are gone with a stabilizer and you are adding a stabilizer anyway......
    "The Yankee Bowman"
    '15 LH Hoyt Pro Edge Elite-65lb- Max 1
    '14 LH Hoyt Faktor 34-70lb- Realtree Xtra
    '14 LH Hoyt Faktor 34-65lb- Realtree Xtra

was the CS noticably lighter? Did the carbon riser have a different feel to it? Anything you noticed that justified the price difference?

Sorry for the questions haven't had a chance to get out and shoot them yet.

Shot both a lot both winners but the faktor had a good bit of vibe. This is both the faktor 30 and CS30
    Xpedition Xplorer 65# 28.5" 346Grain Easton Flatlines 290fps Rage Titaniums
    All things are possible to him who believes. Mark 9:23

Quote Originally Posted by TannerWI View Post
    was the CS noticably lighter? Did the carbon riser have a different feel to it? Anything you noticed that justified the price difference?

Sorry for the questions haven't had a chance to get out and shoot them yet.
    Yes it was noticeably lighter and does feel good in the hand is the price justifiable?

Only you can make that decision I thought it was though that's what I buy a bow for though "the feel"
    Xpedition Xplorer 65# 28.5" 346Grain Easton Flatlines 290fps Rage Titaniums
    All things are possible to him who believes. Mark 9:23

I shot both quite a bit and at first I was all for the CARBON Spyder. But after thinking how both felt and feeling how similar they were is making me rethink my purchase. Basically the only difference is the vibration. They are both amazing bows. And I'm honestly thinking about ordering a Faktor over a Carbon Spyder. Just my $.02.
    2014 Obsession Evolution 70/28
    "Amateurs practice til' they can do it right, Pros practice til' they can't do it wrong."

Fortitudo Scientia Amor

personally I like the Hoyt Faktor Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by RaMpAgE ReBeL View Post
    Same here!! Putting my order in soon!!
    HOYT FAKTOR 34
    SPOT HOGG Tommy Hogg
    B Stinger Sport Hunter Xtreme
    QAD HDX rest

I shot the F30 back to back with the CS30. I preferred the Faktor. Very minimal vibration as the shot and it disappears once your setup is complete. IMO there just wasn't a $500 difference between the two. The CS30 does win in the looks department.
    waiting on a bow.......

Quote Originally Posted by RaMpAgE ReBeL View Post
    Shot the both turbos and liked the faktor better due to the looks. Not a big fan of the carbon tubes.
    DEAD CENTER ARCHERY PROSTAFF
    BLUFF COUNTRY BOWSTRINGS PROSTAFF

Dead Center Stabs, Black Eagle Arrows, BCB Strings

I want to shoot the F34 against the CS34, I'd like to add a longer ATA model of this bow. It's a sweet shooter!
    waiting on a bow.......

I shot them both the other day. The only thing I notice was the Carbon was lighter. Other than that I thought they shot the same.

I did not notice any difference in hand vibe. I like the idea of the carbon when it is cold outside but not when it is $500 more plus like the looks of the Faktor a lot more. Plus mine hangs on the bow holder most of the time and my hands in pockets or muff when it is real cold.
    Xpedition Xcentric
    QAD Ultra Rest HDX
    HHA DS 5519
    Gold Tip Velocity Pro 340's

I shot both bows and both are great. Way better than what I have right now which is a flag ship bow from another company. I fell in love with the spider 30 and placed the order. Can't wait to shoot it again. Loved it.

Same exact for physical appearance and carbon has less vibration

Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    I want to shoot the F34 against the CS34, I'd like to add a longer ATA model of this bow. It's a sweet shooter!
    I envy your bow budget ;-).

Laugh at your problems...everybody else does!

F30 a touch of vibe cs30 zero vibe. I also thought the cs30 was a touch quieter also. If my budget allowed I would be all over one of the new carbon bows.

Quote Originally Posted by Cdcj View Post
    I did not notice any difference in hand vibe. I like the idea of the carbon when it is cold outside but not when it is $500 more plus like the looks of the Faktor a lot more. Plus mine hangs on the bow holder most of the time and my hands in pockets or muff when it is real cold.
    Well said
    DEAD CENTER ARCHERY PROSTAFF
    BLUFF COUNTRY BOWSTRINGS PROSTAFF

Dead Center Stabs, Black Eagle Arrows, BCB Strings

Shot the Carbon Spyder and Faktor today both 30 inch ata. I was amazed at how similar they felt and shot. Really could not tell a difference. I really liked the new cam. Very smooth an It has nice let off and valley. I actually thought the Faktor was ever so slightly quieter. Truly very quiet bows.
    Shoot what makes you smile.

the cons is the spyder is over priced and looks like crap, faktor is sweet

Shot the faktor 30 yesterday right next to my spyder 30 and didn't really notice much difference other than the weight of the bow all set up with quiver and sights and rest and stabilizer to me faktor felt lighter but as far as draw cycle and Back wall didn't feel much different from RKT cam only my opinion. Think I will wait until next year for a upgrade