Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2014 X-10 Split Limb

Dark Timbered Canyons of Idaho's Backcountry
    I believe the split limb version is rated at 345 IBO, http://highcountryarchery.net/produc...-10-split-limb

The solid limb trinary cam uses a sliding module system where the split limb x2 cam uses a replaceable mod system for draw length adjustment.

Scot

Quote Originally Posted by lazyhubby70 View Post
    Mines already ordered. Should be about another week.
    lazyhubby, what do you think of this bow?

feverarchery, is the weight + or - 4lbs?

Thanks guys!
    Proud Member of Elkoholics Anonymous

Remember, life is just a GAME, so enjoy yourself, have fun, learn to observe, don't take everything so seriously and live each day as if it was your last!

Quote Originally Posted by screamingeagle View Post
    lazyhubby, what do you think of this bow?

feverarchery, is the weight + or - 4lbs?

Thanks guys!
    Hands down best bow I've owned. Smooth draw. No vibrations. Not sure about weight. It does weigh more than my mathews outback or diamond black ice did but don't feel it when shooting. You will be pleased with this bow......lazy
    High Country Archery Field Staff
    Archeryshack Field Staff
    archeryshackstrings.com
    Deer Crossing Archery Shooting Staff
    deercrossingarchery.com Use code Ford15 and save 10% on your order

Tks! The heaviest black ice made was 3.8 and the outbacks came in at 4.3. Bummer, was really looking for under 4lbs.

Remember, life is just a GAME, so enjoy yourself, have fun, learn to observe, don't take everything so seriously and live each day as if it was your last!

Tks! The heaviest black ice made was 3.8 and the outbacks came in at 4.3. Bummer, was really looking for under 4lbs.
    On a scale I'm not sure of weight. In hand it just feels heavier. I never thought I would shoot anything as smooth as my outback but this beats it. Try to get your hands on one and try it.
    Archeryshack Field Staff
    archeryshackstrings.com

lazy, does it hit ibo? and, do the cables attach to the cam or the limbs?

Here's mine...with everything minus arrows...weighs about 6.7 lbs on my Berkley scales...which are quite accurate. It's a 70# maxed out at 71.5lbs, #4 mods with actual draw length of 28.5", shot a 324g arrows at 323 fps avg. for 5 arrows. It is whisper quiet and solid in the hand. Not a great photo...
    IMAG0270_1.jpg
    High Country Archery
    '14 X-treme / '14 Axis / '09 Speed Pro / '08 Carbon Stilleto / '06 Carbon Sidewinder / '01 Carbon 4-Runner

I'm getting pretty much same specs as limb. 361gr arrow. Average 325 fps. 1 note though the chrono I have access to is one that screws in stab hole not shoot thru type. Won't have true readings till I get to a local shop that has shoot thru.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Archeryshack Field Staff
    archeryshackstrings.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lmbhngr View Post
    Here's mine...with everything minus arrows...weighs about 6.7 lbs on my Berkley scales...which are quite accurate. It's a 70# maxed out at 71.5lbs, #4 mods with actual draw length of 28.5", shot a 324g arrows at 323 fps avg. for 5 arrows. It is whisper quiet and solid in the hand. Not a great photo...
    IMAG0270_1.jpg
    By comparison...avg speed for a 290g Victory HV350 was 340 fps...and a HCA Speed Pro 6.2 at 256g was 356 fps (I broke my only SP 5.5 which weighed 236g). The above mentioned 324g arrow was a Carbon Express Blue Streak 250. Speeds were measured through a Chrony outside in the shade on a mostly sunny day.
    High Country Archery
    '14 X-treme / '14 Axis / '09 Speed Pro / '08 Carbon Stilleto / '06 Carbon Sidewinder / '01 Carbon 4-Runner

tks guys! They seem to hit advertised speeds, but I'm not sure I want to carry around 6.7lbs in the elk woods. Thats 1.2lbs pounds heavier than my 09 Speedpro. After a day humping the mtns, it all adds up.

tks guys! They seem to hit advertised speeds, but I'm not sure I want to carry around 6.7lbs in the elk woods. Thats 1.2lbs pounds heavier than my 09 Speedpro. After a day humping the mtns, it all adds up.
    Yeah, I weighed it against my '09 SP and found the same weight gain. It did see a really nice sling at the archery show in Columbus that would be great for elk hunting with any bow...check out www.bowhookslings.com.
    High Country Archery

I received my X10 Split Limb last week. Got it set-up and this is what I am getting as far as speed out of it.

26" Draw, about 65 lbs. with a Easton Lightspeed that weights right around 310 and I was shooting 275 fps. Not to bad for a 26" draw. I will try to post some pics it now that I have it setup.
    High Country x10 Split Limb
    Extreme Raptor 911 Sight
    Trophy Ridge Drop Zone Rest
    Truball Release, Easton Lightspeed Arrows

Here is my new HC X10 Split Limb
    bow3.jpg
    bow2.jpg
    bow.jpg
    High Country x10 Split Limb
    Extreme Raptor 911 Sight
    Trophy Ridge Drop Zone Rest
    Truball Release, Easton Lightspeed Arrows

Very nice tysman.
    Archeryshack Field Staff
    archeryshackstrings.com

just got my x10 slit limb today,i must say this bow is nice!!!!!put my sight ,stab. and bolted on the ultra rest hd on it,i just had to load an arrow and tug it back.i think I found a bow im gonna keep for a long time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12