a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: Rope Cocking devices

Rope Cocking devices

Do all rope cocking devices reduce draw weight by 50%? I see that Parker's Red Hot does and my buddy showed me the pack for his Allen Rope Cocker and it indicates a 50% reduction in draw weight. Since it is made in the USA, what about the Wicked Ridge rope cocker?

Thank you

The Ten point retractable Acu Rope http://www.tenpointcrossbows.com/sho...cat=ACUrope%99
    works with most any crossbow and does reduce by 50% very compact and easy to carry in your pocket or on your belt
    Life is too short to carry an ugly knife!

Yep but I wouldn't buy the Allen
    John 3:16
    Matrix 380

The Red Hot has rubber rollers that keep the cocker hooks form scratching up the bow's finish.
    Why do I hunt? Simple, it's BASIC.
    Why do you breathe?!

Excalibur, Mission, single shot rifles and handguns

The ten point Accu rope is $60. The Wicked Ridge Rope Cocker is $24 at the local shop. Pin, are you saying to stay away from the Allen because it is of poor quality?
    Is the Parker Red Hot made in the USA?

Basically there is not a difference between the various models of rope cockers? So a Wicked Ridge, Excalibur, Parker or Allen, all reduce the draw weight by 50%?

Quote Originally Posted by harveywallhangr View Post
    Basically there is not a difference between the various models of rope cockers? So a Wicked Ridge, Excalibur, Parker or Allen, all reduce the draw weight by 50%?
    Yes. Rope cockers only go down and back once, cutting weight in half. In theory you could add some pulleys down at the hooks and back at the rear, mimic a block and tackle, and reduce the felt draw weight down to a ridiculous low number. But it would be impractible except for a conversation piece! Catapaults in Roman times used the block and tackle to draw back what must have been huge weights.
    ....................Sent via Overland Pony Express.............

"We've upped our standards. Up yours"