Thread: Youth Compound Bow Recommendation?

Youth Compound Bow Recommendation?

Hello everyone,

My son is eight years old, and wants a compound bow from Santa. We have progressed through two lower poundage recurves. I would prefer the bow to be somewhat adjustable. We tried a 25 lb bow at the range last week and it was a little to heavy. I would need it to start around 15 - 20lbs.

I have perused some kits bows from both Barnett & Bear...

Does anyone have any experience in this arena and would be willing to make a suggestion?

Thanks!

Ranger94

Diamond Infinate Edge goes from 13-30 on draw length and 5-70lbs excellent to start out with, or something in the mission line up would be great as well they go from 17-30 and 15-70lbs.

Thanks!

2013 ruckus...I have one down to 8# for my daughter. As you loose draw length, poundage goes with it.

I don't know what the 2014 can
    Or cannot do.

My son loves his Diamond Infinite Edge. It's a great bow and got me hooked too!
    - Mathews - Creed - 29"/70# - Camo - HHA DS-5519 - Mathews QAD Ultra Rest - Beman ICS Hunter 340 9.3 gpi and 100 grain points -
    - Son's Bow - Diamond Infinite Edge - Camo
    - Daughters Bow - Diamond Atomic - Pink

PSE Miniburner or PSE Fever...draw lengths 11"-28"+/- and huge draw weight adjustment. 60# fever will go down to around 20#. For an 8 yr old probably the mini burner it weighs a pound less and will be easier to manage. If you go with a 50# you can get down to the weight you need with a lot of room to grow. My kids have one and they take turns using it...the draw length can be adjusted in seconds. It also has some zip a buddy of mine's son had a pass thru on a doe at 20 yards shooting 32#.

Diamond infinite edge ...my boy has one and it's a great bow
    Bowtech Pro Staff
    Vaportrail Pro Staff
    Tru Ball Pro Staff

Couldn't agree more on the Infinite Edge! There's really never been a bow like it before with this amount of range! http://www.supremearchery.com/produc...-hand-13-30-70