Thread: Elite Energy 35

Elite Energy 35

I had a chance to shoot an E35 tonight. It was a 60# max, 28" draw. The finish was great on the bow. The cerakote looked very nice. However, the screw holes were rough looking. It is a shame that Elite is no longer chamfering the threaded holes after tapping them. They looked sloppy and really stood out on an otherwise flawless bow. The Winner's Choice strings looked like junk. The loop ends looked poorly served. Not impressed.

When I first held the bow, it tilted back slightly, but felt very balanced overall. The draw was not as stiff up front as prior models and seemed to hit peak weight much later in the draw cycle. I would love to see a draw force curve for this bow. The valley with the draw stops out all the way felt long to me and I'm sure the let off was high too. What really blew me away was at the shot. The bow just sits there and then gently rolls forward. Very nicely balanced. No vibration. I put about a dozen shots through it and was really pleased with it. The dealer didn't have any 28.5" or 29" mods for me to try, so I look forward to shooting one at my preferred draw length. I also would like to get the valley shorter and let off similar to DLS Rev cams. I'm sure this could be done by adjusting the stops in.

Overall, I was impressed. I feel the Energy series is a nice improvement over the Pure and Hunter. If Elite just paid attention to details with this bow, it would be a winner for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Perry24 View Post
    I had a chance to shoot an E35 tonight. It was a 60# max, 28" draw. The finish was great on the bow. The cerakote looked very nice. However, the screw holes were rough looking. It is a shame that Elite is no longer chamfering the threaded holes after tapping them. They looked sloppy and really stood out on an otherwise flawless bow. The Winner's Choice strings looked like junk. The loop ends looked poorly served. Not impressed.

When I first held the bow, it tilted back slightly, but felt very balanced overall. The draw was not as stiff up front as prior models and seemed to hit peak weight much later in the draw cycle. I would love to see a draw force curve for this bow. The valley with the draw stops out all the way felt long to me and I'm sure the let off was high too. What really blew me away was at the shot. The bow just sits there and then gently rolls forward. Very nicely balanced. No vibration. I put about a dozen shots through it and was really pleased with it. The dealer didn't have any 28.5" or 29" mods for me to try, so I look forward to shooting one at my preferred draw length. I also would like to get the valley shorter and let off similar to DLS Rev cams. I'm sure this could be done by adjusting the stops in.

Overall, I was impressed. I feel the Energy series is a nice improvement over the Pure and Hunter. If Elite just paid attention to details with this bow, it would be a winner for sure.
    Yeah, I know. I wish they wouldn't have drilled and tapped them. It looks crappy. People who want extra weights and side stabs should just have to have their bow drilled and tapped. No sense in making everyone have ugly ass holes in their risers.
    Elite Energy 32 Ninja 29/70 Trophy Taker Smackdown Pro Tommy Hogg single pin Stan Black Ice DS release 417 gr Axis 340 at 297 fps

If you used crosshairs to aim and shoot it, it wasn't an archery kill. A bow doesn't have a trigger guard. Keep crossguns out of archery seasons.

I agree with your evaluation of the Energy 35 bows for the most part.. Most of all- the concerns you have with the strings and riser holes to have a cleaner threads, I have mentioned to Elites management, and things are being addressed.. This time last year there average lead times on bows was 14 weeks, This year the average is 2 to 4 weeks.. I have mentioned to them, that most would rather wait an extra week, to have there bows perfect…Elite had reassurred me that every step possible would be made to have these situations corrected and resolved..
    Woodbridge Arms & Archery
    Authorized Dealer for: ELITE ARCHERY - G5 PRIME - STROTHER ARCHERY - VICTORY ARROWS
    Woodbridgearmscompany@gmail Dot Com Also call or text to 732 301 GUNS (4867)

Yes lead times are much faster. I waited 6 months last year for an Answer in Target Red. I too was not impressed with the holes. Having both the 32 and 35 how the holes got by is strange.
    There is always something.
    Elite Energy 35 014 Black with Camo limbs---Mathews Chill-R Tactical
    Elite Answer 013 Red with Black Limbs--- Elite Pulse 013 Camo
    Mathew 011 Mr7 Orange Smoke

Elite Energy 35

Not the first complaint I have heard about the strings. Someone on EAF also mentioned sloppy loops on the cables. Really to bad that you spend 899-950 on a bow and have to get a new harness right away.
    LH '14 Elite Energy 35
    LH '10 Elite Judge
    LH '10 Elite GT500

I agree regarding the threaded holes and strings. On my E32, the mounting screws for my sight did not turn easily in the threaded holes at all. Turning the screws was rough enough that I had to check a few times to make sure the screws were going in straight.
    And I was not the least bit impressed with the string quality. Fat and sloppy looking end loops and serving. I've also had to melt and flatten the tag ends on some of the servings because they were fuzzed.

Quote Originally Posted by WAAC View Post
    I agree with your evaluation of the Energy 35 bows for the most part.. Most of all- the concerns you have with the strings and riser holes to have a cleaner threads, I have mentioned to Elites management, and things are being addressed.. This time last year there average lead times on bows was 14 weeks, This year the average is 2 to 4 weeks.. I have mentioned to them, that most would rather wait an extra week, to have there bows perfect…Elite had reassurred me that every step possible would be made to have these situations corrected and resolved..
    I hope they at least resolve the tapped holes. I can deal with crappy strings, but the poorly finished holes would keep me from buying. This has been an issue since 2011, so I hope they fix. The Energy is too good of a bow to not resolve this issue on!

Quote Originally Posted by triumph View Post
    Yes lead times are much faster. I waited 6 months last year for an Answer in Target Red. I too was not impressed with the holes. Having both the 32 and 35 how the holes got by is strange.
    There is always something.
    The rough holes are a result of tapping for the threads. Once the holes are tapped, they should be chamfered to remove that rough edge. It gives the hole a slightly beveled look. It also helps guide the screws. Look at any other bow on the market and you will see what I'm talking about.

I hope they at least resolve the tapped holes. I can deal with crappy strings, but the poorly finished holes would keep me from buying. This has been an issue since 2011, so I hope they fix. The Energy is too good of a bow to not resolve this issue on!
    Peery,
    As I had stated earlier, These issues have been brought to Elites upper managements attention, and those issues will be rectified.. I only sell Elite Bows, and it is imperative they are perfect.. I only get one chance to make an impression with Elite.. As far as the string are Included.. Winner Choice has been know to be some of the best, and it is un acceptable to have that name tarnished.. I was assured by Elite Archery that this issues and others are taken seriously and will be taken care of..
    Working with management is as pleasurable as the consumer dealing with there customer service.. I believe these problems will be non existent in the very near future..
    WAAC
    Woodbridge Arms & Archery
    Authorized Dealer for: ELITE ARCHERY - G5 PRIME - STROTHER ARCHERY - VICTORY ARROWS
    Woodbridgearmscompany@gmail Dot Com Also call or text to 732 301 GUNS (4867)

just another reason i will never own another elite.
    darton ds3800
    darton pro3500
    built to hunt

Look at the end loops on my E32 with Winners Choice stock strings. Next, look at the end loops of the custom aftermarket strings I put on my Pulse and GT500. It's not even close. The average joe archer may not notice this type of detail or care but man does it bug me. I will be getting new Center Circle strings to replace these stock strings. Those are the ones that appear in the 2nd and 3rd pics. I've got the bow dialed in now so I'll fiddle with it after the season closes.

Strings being replaced on both 32 and 35. Drilled holes uncalled for. Working on carefully smoothing them down.
    WAAC I agree with what you are saying, just a shame to live with these defects for such a fine bow.
    Elite Energy 35 014 Black with Camo limbs---Mathews Chill-R Tactical
    Elite Answer 013 Red with Black Limbs--- Elite Pulse 013 Camo
    Mathew 011 Mr7 Orange Smoke

You would think after the 12 debacle with the Answer strings would be first on the list to be inspected and correct. I have owned several Elite bows but will never buy another unless it is 2011 or older.
    LH '14 Elite Energy 35
    LH '10 Elite Judge
    LH '10 Elite GT500

These kind of issues are pushing me in a different direction. I have a Hunter 13 and not happy with the WC strings.

WC was always well respected, but since their purchase by Elite, seem to have slipped. Now people are reporting drill holes that are not clean and emblems popping off. This is not a slam, as I love my Elite Hunter, but it does give me pause before buying another.

i just order my e-35 my first elite bow
    elite e-35 in ap snow
    62# @ 29.5"dl
    Archeryshack Field Staff.... archeryshackstrings.com

These are all minor issues, I think as loyal Elite owners we get spoiled. I believe the Elite bows are so nice that I can deal with some issues.
    Like Nicko, my sight holes were rough but worked well once cleaned out. The strings are still better than most other brands strings but I replaced mine too.
    What I'm getting at is Elite bows are still the best IMO and I can accept minor issues.
    2013 Hoyt G3 Element, Alpha V5 Micro, QAD HDX
    Victory arrows, Carbon Express, Easton FMJ, Tight spot

I agree with scaffido. I have been so impressed with Elite and the quality of their bows. Also I have shot the zebra strings and had nothing but problems. I have shot the Winner's Choice and they have been great. I think that a good custom string is one of the best ways to go but for a factory string it is better than any other factory string on the market. If you let a little bit of a rough tap turn you away from Elite that is your thing but I think you will be missing out.

I found my Elite GT500 over 2 years ago and havent shot a new one yet that makes me want it over my GT. Its a 2008.5 and is automatic once I get it drawn back. Its gonna be my front runner for years to come. I would like to shoot the new Energy and feel the bow and the shot but cant imagine it has what it takes to relieve the GT from its killing duties.
    ----08.5 ELITE GT500 ----- ASAT- NATION
    TUFFSAK bag targets
    MAGNUS BUZZCUTS /GRIZZ TRICK II /RAGE HYPO

this thread is concerning.. im purchasing a new bow in the near future after taking a few years off.. i was really hoping to check the new Energy out. the most concerning thing is a few above think its acceptable and as elite owners you are spoiled.. nobody should ever have to clean threads up on something that cost damn near $1000... unacceptable and its not being spoiled.. its fact.. should never happen. still look forward to shooting one of these.. kicking myself for ever selling my old Tribute.. ill be hard pressed to find a bow better.. was really hoping this Elite was it. shootability wont be an issue im sure but you shouldnt have to do something that manufacture should have already done..
    LET THE LITTLE GUYS WALK!!!

Quote Originally Posted by meatmissile View Post
    I found my Elite GT500 over 2 years ago and havent shot a new one yet that makes me want it over my GT. Its a 2008.5 and is automatic once I get it drawn back. Its gonna be my front runner for years to come. I would like to shoot the new Energy and feel the bow and the shot but cant imagine it has what it takes to relieve the GT from its killing duties.
    I've owned 2008.5, 2009, 2010 GT500's and the Energy holds as well as, if not better than, the GT. Some like a little feedback at the shot, which the GT does, but the Energy is absolutely dead at the shot. With no stabilizer, the bow tips back slowly. You really have to shoot the Energy to understand. I shot an Alloy after the Energy and it felt like the worse bow I ever held!

Quote Originally Posted by Quickpin87 View Post
    this thread is concerning.. im purchasing a new bow in the near future after taking a few years off.. i was really hoping to check the new Energy out. the most concerning thing is a few above think its acceptable and as elite owners you are spoiled.. nobody should ever have to clean threads up on something that cost damn near $1000... unacceptable and its not being spoiled.. its fact.. should never happen. still look forward to shooting one of these.. kicking myself for ever selling my old Tribute.. ill be hard pressed to find a bow better.. was really hoping this Elite was it. shootability wont be an issue im sure but you shouldnt have to do something that manufacture should have already done..
    I'm not sure about the strings, but the holes on the Blue Target E35 that WAAC posted were perfect. If all the new risers are shipping that way and Elite can clean up the end-loops, these bows will be flawless! I can live with the strings because they would be replaced anyway, but the holes have to be clean. I am really leaning towards a target color because they looks so damn good! This would be a hunting bow too!

PM sent to WAAC
    ATHENS, ELITE, HOYT...CBE, DS ADVANTAGE, MBG
    QAD, VAPORTRAIL...B STINGER, DOINKER, UNDERGROUND
    RAY KNIGHT, STRICT 9, WCA...STAN

The deer and pigs I have killed with my Answer never once complained about rough holes or fat servings. Go figure.