Thread: Buying a 2014 Tac Elite.... question

Buying a 2014 Tac Elite.... question

I'm thinking about buying a 2014 Tac Elite.. Don't like the Wisher biscuit that comes with the bow.
    Are there rest options available?

Has anyone replaced the factory rest on their Tac??

Anyone doing any long range shooting (80 - 100 yards) with their Tac?

c5ken, There are two options that I know of. There is the QAD drop away, and the firenock aerorest. I have the Tac and plan on installing the QAD drop away. I don't know if linking to other sites is ok, but if you do a search you should be able to find them easily.

Thanks for the info.
    After doing additional research on the PSE Tac Elite, I not sure I still want one. checkout www.longrangeshooting.com. Appears people are having tons of problems with the Tac series X-bows…..

I'm one of those people. PSE has a recall on some of the earlier Tac Elites. The problems are minor, and I'm sure they will get them all worked out. Even with the little problems, the Tac is one awesome crossbow.

Not so elite....after 50 shots....started peeling serving around stupid coilspring weight after 6 shots.....long list of issues with these things....id hold off till they get things doctored up.......

As u can see from snake looking string headed inward...half the strands have already let loose....danger....gonna order viper x strings bare and. Make my own stiring weights that work....i already fixed the cocking mech ...it would only cock 1 out of 6 times...but i fixed that after some work....if u like fixing and customizing by all means get one

Brad k, PSE says they don't cover strings and cables under warrantee, but with only 50 shots and your string looks like that, they will fix it. If your having trouble with the cocking mechanism, check your serial number to see if yours is in the recall.

Didnt they recall a whole pile of the Tac Elites?

Brad K mine did the same thing with less than a dozen shots...the coil started to un-coil and the string started to fray right away (both sides). Mine was one which was recalled and I just got it back today and they had replaced the cable. They send me a free hat and a pocket knife. Love the crossbow, both my kids shot deer with it but I am afraid it is dangerous if the string fails

Can't these people stand success they had a nice working bow a couple of years ago, they charge enough for it why do they have to make it cheaper and screw it up.

How does the PSE elite stack up as a crossbow go?

I saw a new 2014 PSE elite for $1000.00 (the whole unit, not just he upper) and wonder if this is a good deal and how it compares as crossbows go.

Full Throttle- 70lbs
    Bowtech RPM 360- 70lbs
    Mathews Safari- 85lbs
    Strother Moxie- 60lbs
    Bear Motive 6- 70lbs