Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 27

Thread: Anyone else still happy?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Troy, MO
    Posts
    4,972

    Anyone else still happy?

    With their Chaos?



    I have no plans of changing crossbows this year, see no reason to. Unless something magical is announced at the ATA show, there's nothing else I would rather have over the Chaos for an all around hunting bow.

    Are there any changes any of you would like to see to the Chaos?

    I could always use a lighter bow. Even though the Chaos is one of the lightest compounds currently on the market. I would also like to see a string stop although this would add weight to the bow so I'm not sure I would want a string stop that bad.

    I would also like to see a sling alternative. And even though I don't need one, a new Aero scope with a lighted reticle would be nice for those that want them.

    Let's hear your ideas.
    Xpedition Xcentric | Athens Exceed 300 | Trinity Archery Field Staff | Crossbow - TBD


  2. #2
    Hi Clint- you getting your first Missouri ice storm?
    I am very interested in trying a Chaos. The changes I am hoping for are string stops (don't care about the weight, it's light enough), about 20-25fps more speed, a lighted reticle and or a no scope option and let us do our own thing. The "no shoot let down" is very attractive to me, don't lose that option.
    DTM SS330/SS355/SL390

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Troy, MO
    Posts
    4,972
    Quote Originally Posted by backnwhack View Post
    Hi Clint- you getting your first Missouri ice storm?
    I am very interested in trying a Chaos. The changes I am hoping for are string stops (don't care about the weight, it's light enough), about 20-25fps more speed, a lighted reticle and or a no scope option and let us do our own thing. The "no shoot let down" is very attractive to me, don't lose that option.
    Had ice this morning and I guess we're supposed to get some tonight. Man St. Louisans freak out over ice and snow.

    I agree about the string stops I suppose. The bow is light enough that I guess I would still take the string stops. You've convinced me.

    Yes the de-cocking feature MUST stay. I will also add the stock must stay. Most comfortable stock I've felt on a crossbow. Also the mono-block arrow retention system is in a league of it's own IMO. But CAMX has room for improvement.

    They currently have 175# limbs. I'm curious if they can narrow the bow up a few inches and bump the draw weight up to 185# and keep the same speed?
    Xpedition Xcentric | Athens Exceed 300 | Trinity Archery Field Staff | Crossbow - TBD

  4. #4
    I haven't followed CamX closely, has there been any "leakage" as to what might be coming in 2014?
    DTM SS330/SS355/SL390

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Troy, MO
    Posts
    4,972
    Not that I know of. I don't really expect any changes for 2014, but maybe they'll surprise us.

    Quote Originally Posted by backnwhack View Post
    I haven't followed CamX closely, has there been any "leakage" as to what might be coming in 2014?
    Xpedition Xcentric | Athens Exceed 300 | Trinity Archery Field Staff | Crossbow - TBD

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    St. Helen, MI
    Posts
    329
    I have three crossbows I adore. The CAMX Chaos is one of them.

    There are indeed some things on the way, but Ol Dave Choma is being tight lipped about whatever they may be..........

    I'm not sure what he could do to the Chaos to make it better but I'm all eyeballs and ears waiting to find out.......
    MCF Member
    MUCC Member
    NRA Life Member
    In the Wind>>>>---------->

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Troy, MO
    Posts
    4,972
    Quote Originally Posted by See4miles View Post
    I have three crossbows I adore. The CAMX Chaos is one of them.

    There are indeed some things on the way, but Ol Dave Choma is being tight lipped about whatever they may be..........

    I'm not sure what he could do to the Chaos to make it better but I'm all eyeballs and ears waiting to find out.......
    Oh it could be better. But I know what you mean.
    Xpedition Xcentric | Athens Exceed 300 | Trinity Archery Field Staff | Crossbow - TBD

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,356
    Got mine end of last year and didn't get any deer, but shot 4 this year and not will change. I was just wondering why, its light, quite, fast, none of my deer jumped from 6-38yds. I just love this thing.

    Jim
    "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and
    expecting a different results. "

    "You can not control what happens in your life: what matters is how you handle what happens"

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Troy, MO
    Posts
    4,972
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigjim67 View Post
    Got mine end of last year and didn't get any deer, but shot 4 this year and not will change. I was just wondering why, its light, quite, fast, none of my deer jumped from 6-38yds. I just love this thing.

    Jim
    Awesome! Congrats on the 4 deer. I couldn't hunt this year at all due to moving and starting a new job.

    I wouldn't go as far as to say the Chaos is "quiet", but it's on par with just about everything else out there though. But to me all crossbows are LOUD.
    Xpedition Xcentric | Athens Exceed 300 | Trinity Archery Field Staff | Crossbow - TBD

  10. #10
    I called them about some arrows, ended up bsing with the owner for a hour about hunting and crossbows in general, everything ive seen or hear he has it down, great guy to talk to.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Troy, MO
    Posts
    4,972
    Quote Originally Posted by crossbow hunter View Post
    I called them about some arrows, ended up bsing with the owner for a hour about hunting and crossbows in general, everything ive seen or hear he has it down, great guy to talk to.
    Yeah I've spoke with David Choma a couple times. Seems like a good guy.
    Xpedition Xcentric | Athens Exceed 300 | Trinity Archery Field Staff | Crossbow - TBD

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Chilton wisconsin
    Posts
    2,818
    Yes I am still very happy with mine. Its an all around tough no nonsense bow. David also is top notch in my book.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    St. Helen, MI
    Posts
    329
    Here is a late season doe taken with my Chaos 325
    Attached Images Attached Images
    MCF Member
    MUCC Member
    NRA Life Member
    In the Wind>>>>---------->

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    St. Helen, MI
    Posts
    329
    Choma is a good man. Spent the better part of a day with him at the Michigan Woods N Waters show this past September. Is he outspoken? You bet he is! But he can back up anything he says....
    MCF Member
    MUCC Member
    NRA Life Member
    In the Wind>>>>---------->

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Troy, MO
    Posts
    4,972
    Quote Originally Posted by See4miles View Post
    Choma is a good man. Spent the better part of a day with him at the Michigan Woods N Waters show this past September. Is he outspoken? You bet he is! But he can back up anything he says....
    Yeah he seems like a good guy. He makes a great bow!
    Xpedition Xcentric | Athens Exceed 300 | Trinity Archery Field Staff | Crossbow - TBD

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Chilton wisconsin
    Posts
    2,818
    I have a carbon elite tenpoint, a middleton 355SS and the camx. It seems when I hunt I aways grab the camx. I make stocks and love wood but there is very little other than the warmth and look of wood that I'd change on that stock. its the best stock I've ever held as far as just grabbing it with the handle hole near the butt. I keep grabbing by the forearm and it sits on your lap and does not seem to slide. Only thing like I mentioned is the look and warmth of wood stocks. The camx stock is cold to handle late season. I am torn on whether I should bother making a stock for it. I love my Camx.

  17. #17
    Never heard anyone who actually has a CamX complain about a thing. Was there any news at all at the ATA from CamX?...or did I just miss it?
    DTM SS330/SS355/SL390

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Troy, MO
    Posts
    4,972
    Quote Originally Posted by backnwhack View Post
    Never heard anyone who actually has a CamX complain about a thing. Was there any news at all at the ATA from CamX?...or did I just miss it?
    I don't think they go to the ATA since they sell direct. So no "trading" going on.

    Oh there is room for improvement on the Chaos. There are some things I don't like. For example I don't like the sling that comes with it (although I seem to be in the minority) and you can't add a normal rifle sling. I think string stops would be nice to cut down on some of the noise/vibe because it is not quiet.

    But for me the good outweighs the bad.
    Xpedition Xcentric | Athens Exceed 300 | Trinity Archery Field Staff | Crossbow - TBD

  19. #19
    I would like to see the flappers go and some string stops added. Oh, and drop the price down to about Natives cost.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Troy, MO
    Posts
    4,972
    Quote Originally Posted by woopig View Post
    I would like to see the flappers go and some string stops added. Oh, and drop the price down to about Natives cost.
    I agree about string stops but not the finger guard. I LOVE the finger guard.
    Xpedition Xcentric | Athens Exceed 300 | Trinity Archery Field Staff | Crossbow - TBD

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Troy, MO
    Posts
    4,972
    For a while now I've felt the Ten Point Stealth SS was the only bow out there I would prefer over my Chaos.......until I held one at Cabelas the other day.
    Xpedition Xcentric | Athens Exceed 300 | Trinity Archery Field Staff | Crossbow - TBD

  22. #22
    Every time I pick up my CamX I say, wow, this bow just feels great in the hand. Light and very compact. A joy to hunt with.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    northwest Illinois
    Posts
    839
    I just sold mine the other day. Coming from a verticle back ground the Camx was my first xbow. The thing was deadly accurate and I liked almost everything about it. I have been thinking of trying a Vent. and I cant afford both so I sold her. Hope I did the right thing because the Camx was really dependable.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Troy, MO
    Posts
    4,972
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexxer View Post
    I just sold mine the other day. Coming from a verticle back ground the Camx was my first xbow. The thing was deadly accurate and I liked almost everything about it. I have been thinking of trying a Vent. and I cant afford both so I sold her. Hope I did the right thing because the Camx was really dependable.
    Oh it's fun to try new bows. You won't regret it. But you know what a bow should feel like now though.
    Xpedition Xcentric | Athens Exceed 300 | Trinity Archery Field Staff | Crossbow - TBD

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    West Kentucky
    Posts
    1,553
    You cant compare the CamX to the Native. The CamX is head and shoulders above the Native. The only thing the Native has is a little more speed and that is it. By the way if you buy the top of the line Native with all the goodies you are in the same price point.
    Last edited by mainstreet; February 12th, 2014 at 07:37 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •