a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cable slide conversion for Matrix and carbon Spyder.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray knight View Post
    Ideal setup for the Matrix - Make control cable 3/8" shorter than stock and buss cable 1/4" shorter than stock. Timing should be spot on, brace should increase a touch as well. Use Alpha Elite cable serving lengths.
    How much twisting is that gonna be to get the 3/8"?

Quote Originally Posted by southgaboy View Post
    How much twisting is that gonna be to get the 3/8"?
    You can twist the stock control 1/16 and untwist the buss 1/16 to make it time. If you get NEW strings use the shorter lengths and they will work really nicely.
    AT Sponsor www.lum-tec.com Coupon code: Archerytalk111
    Eliminate the fixed roller guard on Carbon Matrix and Carbon Spyder. Click HERE. Aluminum Hoyts click HERE
    NEW: TPU Speed nock system. Available HERE. *** Brownell bowstring products distributor *** Email wis913@yahoo.com for a full price list.

Gotcha, that should be easy enough. Mine shows shipped yesterday. Will post pictures when I get it on.

I am going to post suggested string lengths for each cam for those who want to make a new string set to get the most out of the conversion.
    Eliminate the fixed roller guard on Carbon Matrix and Carbon Spyder. Click HERE. Aluminum Hoyts click HERE
    NEW: TPU Speed nock system. Available HERE. *** Brownell bowstring products distributor *** Email wis913@yahoo.com for a full price list.

These are all calculated and my suggested ideal string and cable lengths to get the most from the cable slide on the Matrix. I have not tested all of them but my franken calculator has never led me wrong on lengths.

FUEL cam:
    #1 51 1/2 - 40 1/8 - 36 1/8
    #2 54 1/2 - 38 7/8 - 36 7/8
    #3 57 3/4 - 39 3/8 - 37 3/8
    LD 58 5/8 - 40 1/4 - 38 1/4

RKT cam:
    #1 51 7/8 - 40 1/4 - 37 15/16
    #2 54 3/4 - 38 7/8 - 36 5/8
    #3 58 1/4 - 39 5/8 - 37 3/8
    LD 58 1/2 - 39 7/8 - 37 5/8

***Note to your string builders***

Use Alpha Elite cable serving specs (no roller serving) and Matrix string serving specs. 8.5" yokes work perfect.

Use at your own risk!
    Last edited by Ray knight; December 12th, 2013 at 02:00 PM.

RKT cam:
    #1 51 7/8 - 40 1/4 - 37 15/16
    #2 54 3/4 - 38 7/8 - 36 5/8
    #3 58 1/4 - 39 5/8 - 37 3/8
    LD 58 1/2 - 39 7/8 - 37 5/8

Use Alpha Elite cable serving specs (no roller serving) and Matrix string serving specs. 8.5" yokes work perfect.
    What about my bow Chris, remember...the 2011 riser upgraded with 2012 #3 RKT's? Originally when making the cam swap you had me pretty much keep my FUEL cam specs, leaving the string length the same...and then adding ⅛" to the control & subtracting ⅛" from the buss. Should I be going off these "new" #3 RKT calculations now with your cable slide mod???
    '13 HOYT Pro Comp Elite (Spiral-X) 60# & 29½", 330 grains @ 290 FPS
    '13 HOYT Carbon Matrix G3 (Z5 conversion) 64# & 30", 330 grains @ 320 FPS
    SPOT HOGG, B-STINGER, GOLD TIP, TROPHY TAKER, SLICK-TRICK, HOT SHOT, TIGHT-SPOT

Quote Originally Posted by bbentley392t View Post
    What about my bow Chris, remember...the 2011 riser upgraded with 2012 #3 RKT's? Originally when making the cam swap you had me pretty much keep my FUEL cam specs, leaving the string length the same...and then adding ⅛" to the control & subtracting ⅛" from the buss. Should I be going off these "new" #3 RKT calculations now with your cable slide mod???
    Only if you are getting new strings made. These will be better settings but you can adjust your current setup to work. You will need to twist the control a bit and untwist the buss a bit to set timing.

Only if you are getting new strings made. These will be better settings but you can adjust your current setup to work. You will need to twist the control a bit and untwist the buss a bit to set timing.
    Okay, so when I eventually have new strings built use the lengths you provided above...but for now, a couple twists will put me in business?

Quote Originally Posted by bbentley392t View Post
    Okay, so when I eventually have new strings built use the lengths you provided above...but for now, a couple twists will put me in business?
    Exactly!

Now get to work on an adapter for the metal Spyders

Thanks for some quality machine work! Got my bow all setup and tuned today. My carbon matrix was just resurrected!!

S.M. PROSTAFF.......BLACK EAGLE ARROWS...DEAD CENTER ARCHERY STAFF SHOOTER....TRUBALL/AXCEL STAFF SHOOTER...BOHNING ARCHERY

Pm sent, trying to order !!!!
    ~Live Free Shoot Straight~

Chill X

Exactly!
    Should have the first set next week to test. They were half done Friday.

Any plans to have one fit an element
    PSE EXRCIST
    grave digger trocar tip broadhead,
    .300 grain Vap traveling at warp speed
    Proud member of team overkill

Got mine on my bow. Draws smooth as butter!!

Kifaru International

Quote Originally Posted by jdcamo View Post

Wow nice paint work!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bambikiller View Post
    Any plans to have one fit an element
    Not initially. Maybe i will do just a small run. That would only fit the Element and i would need one here to measure and test.

Wow nice paint work!!!
    Thanks Ray.
    Kifaru International

jd,

Does that serving chew up the slide?

Quote Originally Posted by jdcamo View Post
    After I sent Evan a photo of my bow with the slide a few days ago, he sent me back a pic of your bow before the limbs were installed and the cable slide had just been put on...I told him that it looked good, at first I seriously thought it was an official ASAT dip and not a home-grown paint job.

Quote Originally Posted by RogBow View Post
    jd,

Does that serving chew up the slide?
    I'm having Some strings built without the serving right there. These were just old strings I had for the time being.

Yea it turned out well I think for a DIY paint job.
    Kifaru International

Not initially. Maybe i will do just a small run. That would only fit the Element and i would need one here to measure and test.
    So do you want me to ship you my element ? Should be here next week .. It shipped out to my house today ? Let me know thanks
    PSE EXRCIST
    grave digger trocar tip broadhead,
    .300 grain Vap traveling at warp speed
    Proud member of team overkill

Do you have any available that would fit the Carbon Spyders (Black Preferred)? Just tried and the links in the first post aren't working right now...

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by BCM Archery View Post
    Do you have any available that would fit the Carbon Spyders (Black Preferred)? Just tried and the links in the first post aren't working right now...

Thanks!
    The order links are updated for the Matrix kit so i reposted on the 2nd page here post #41. Spyder kit will be ready shortly.

What is the benefit between this and the roller guard?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast