Thread: PSE Drive LT Video Review

PSE Drive LT Video Review

Does anyone have a LT they can do a review on or somewhere there might be a video review besides youtube? they have been on the market for over a month now and i cant find 1 review. Really annoying actually. I dont like buying anything without a first hand response to it and seeing how it operates.

My recommendations -

Spend LESS time on-line and MORE time at the pro shop. Order your very first bow on-line based on video reviews/forum discussions... and then what?

Save yourself some time and headaches... visit your local archery pro shop BEFORE you buy a bow. Learn about the bows... hold them, shoot them, get to know the pro shop staff. They will most likely be your best friend AFTER you buy a bow (whether you buy it from them or not). Might as well break the ice now.

A pro shop will help you decide on a bow that fits you best, tune and setup the bow, and also instruct you on the many things you need to learn. Shoot the bows first, then decide!

Quote Originally Posted by PineLander View Post
    My recommendations -

Spend LESS time on-line and MORE time at the pro shop. Order your very first bow on-line based on video reviews/forum discussions... and then what?

Save yourself some time and headaches... visit your local archery pro shop BEFORE you buy a bow. Learn about the bows... hold them, shoot them, get to know the pro shop staff. They will most likely be your best friend AFTER you buy a bow (whether you buy it from them or not). Might as well break the ice now.

A pro shop will help you decide on a bow that fits you best, tune and setup the bow, and also instruct you on the many things you need to learn. Shoot the bows first, then decide!
    I agree,if its possible,go shoot them,no better reviews then your own...Grizz
    "I always thought of this as God's country."
    -Jack Granatstein

My recommendations -

I do understand what your saying but i have called all the close shops around me and none of them can get the 2014 line in yet. In all reality i cant really go wrong can i? especially since im going with a bow in the pro line. And since its my first bow I dont have an experience as to what feels good and what doesent yet. It will become a good feeling bow because it will be what im use to. If im wrong by all means correct me ill admit im not always right its just my thought on it. If i could find somewhere close by that would actually have a 2014 line up i would go. but theres not and im not going to drive an hour to go look at one.
    USMC Veteran
    --------
    PSE X-Force Drive LT 70# 27.5"
    NAP Carbon Apache
    Deer Crossing Archery

You'll be okay. The Drive is a good bow and you won't be disappointed in the smooth draw cycle of the DC cams.

I purchased a used 2012 Vendetta at my local pro shop in July for a hunting bow and couldn't be happier. It is very similar to the Drive, except 3" longer.

You'll be okay. The Drive is a good bow and you won't be disappointed in the smooth draw cycle of the DC cams.

I purchased a used 2012 Vendetta at my local pro shop in July for a hunting bow and couldn't be happier. It is very similar to the Drive, except 3" longer.
    ill be doing alot of stand hunting and a little bit of blind hunting. I was looking for something short but not too short, a good forgiving brace height, not a big fan of 2 cams but the drive is a good mix of dual cam and single, wanted a pro series. so the Drive LT seemed to fit the bill perfect! and your right i really cant go wrong with PSE especially one of their bows in their pro line. And for me since ive never been into bows much except when i was a kid, Im sure that i will be astounded with how well it operates. Cant wait to have it in my hands!!!
    USMC Veteran
    --------
    PSE X-Force Drive LT 70# 27.5"
    NAP Carbon Apache
    Deer Crossing Archery

Still waiting for the 2014 models to get to the local pro shop. So far I've got the only 2014 around, hahaha !!!
    I'll be shooting alot of the new bows when they come in. According to the owner sometime after the 1st of the year.
    Kind of upsetting since mathews, hoyt, elite, bear have already shipped new bows and the walls are lined with them.
    Pse needs to get off their corporate asses and get some bows shipped. People are going to buy what's in stock.
    2014 Xpedition Xcentric BLACK 30" 60# qad hd, extreme sight, K3 stabilizer, truball ht, victory vaps

I think it depends on the shop. My local pro shop has had the Source, Surge, and Drive LT in stock since late November.

From renovice - Australia

Not sure I'm responding to Pine Lander or Trying Archer, just subscribed to this forum. I've had trouble getting to try out any 2014 PSE bows here in Oz. Tried lots of bows (Bear, Mission, Hoyt, Diamond, PSE) inc 2013 PSE BowMadness XS and 3G, Sinister, BruteX and Drive 2013 and have ordered a Drive LT on a bit of faith. I have heard and read that it's smooth enough unlike the 2014 replacements of the Bowadness and Brute which are the BowmadnessXP and Surge. I did get to try both of these as one importer did have some 2014 stock. They are faster and have a more aggressive draw cycle - too aggressive for me. Actually drawing them was not the issue, holding them back was. I'm sort of a newbie as I have not been shooting since the late 1980's when my first compound bow was stolen. So when my arm gets a little tired or i don't concentrate, some bows just seem to want to rip the arrow forward if you give a smidge.

I hope I'll be happy with the DRIVE LT as the 2013 Drive is sweet and the importer, general sales blurb and spiel on the net say the LT is as well. Have you got your bow yet? If so how is it? OI don't think we could have got it too wrong.

If your shop doesnt have 2014to bows yet its the shop NOT the corporate asses at pse

Quote Originally Posted by cyclepath View Post
    Still waiting for the 2014 models to get to the local pro shop. So far I've got the only 2014 around, hahaha !!!
    I'll be shooting alot of the new bows when they come in. According to the owner sometime after the 1st of the year.
    Kind of upsetting since mathews, hoyt, elite, bear have already shipped new bows and the walls are lined with them.
    Pse needs to get off their corporate asses and get some bows shipped. People are going to buy what's in stock.
    Don't know where you are, but our local dealer has had 2014s since about mid november... Don't know if the first full throttle has arrived, but the SPs have been on the wall for a while.
    2012 Vendetta DC
    CX, Axcel Armortech, Scott, Limbdriver, Tilt Tamer, John's Custom
    PSE Militia

Your shop has to place orders for the bows before they get them in. I placed orders for my shop bows about 4 weeks ago and they have been drifting in steadily DNA SP, Premonition, Surge, Vision, Elation etc but no Drive LT's yet, must be a heavy demand! Full Throttle's won't generally be available until end Jan 2014 so I've be told by PSE.