a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: Hoyt Faktor 34 for 3d.......???

Hoyt Faktor 34 for 3d.......???

Hello all . I am considering an all black Hoyt Factor 34 for 3d this year. I have only owned one Hoyt in my whole life and that was when I was just strictly a bow hunter and didn't have much knowledge at all about bows in general. Long story short , the shop sent me home with a Trykon that was an inch too long on the draw , and I hated that bow. I know it was the draw length now and I couldn't hit anything with the bow so I sold it and have not liked another Hoyt bow until last year, and I was so close to pulling the trigger on a Spyder 30 to hunt with but things changed and I went another direction unfortunately. I recently shot a Faktor 30 set at my proper draw length and I absolutely loved the feel of the new cams over the RKT cams. The bow felt great , and either it or the Carbon Spyder 30 will be my next hunting bow. I want a longer ata bow for 3d and was considering the Faktor 34 for 3d this season. I love the Pro Edge Elite but I'm sure that the wait times are lengthy. I didn't get to shoot the 34 , just the 30 , and I will be shooting a 28" draw at 65 lbs. with a 336 grain arrow. For those that have shot the 34 or own one , this will be a strictly 3d bow and I shoot a 35 - 37" ata the best of all the bows that I have owned for 3d , but also shot a 33 ata bow pretty good one year as well. 34 is the shortest that I want to go and I was wondering peoples opinions on the speed and back wall and how it holds on target knowing my specs posted above. This bow is also going to
    be tuned by Breathn and a set of his amazing strings put on it so I know that it should shoot lights out . I just want some opinions, good or bad , on the bow as far as 3d use and any other opinions as well. I will get to shoot one next week but wanted to hear from you Hoyt guys , since its been years since I've even considered a Hoyt. Its down to this bow , or an Elite E 35 , so any advice is appreciated.

My Spyder 34 is awesome. I use it for 3d and spots. I suspect the Factor 34 is sweet as well. Good luck with it.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb2012 View Post
    My Spyder 34 is awesome. I use it for 3d and spots. I suspect the Factor 34 is sweet as well. Good luck with it.
    Thanks Mike. I just have never shot 3d only with a bow under 35" ata , but I honestly don't think that inch of difference will make much if any difference. I would be shooting a 28" draw , which, correct me if I'm wrong, is right in the middle of the number 2 cam on the 34. Just wondering about the wall and speed with my specs posted above. I plan on shooting it at 28" and 65 lbs. all year. I just haven't heard a lot about the Facktor 34 and it seemed like , spec wise, it could be a good 3d bow. Anybody that has any info please post it up. I'm finished with the smaller bow companies, but I do also like the Elite E35. Help me out here guys , I know very little about Hoyt, because I never cared for them until they came out with the RKT cams and now these new Z5 cams seem even better to me. Just looking for all of the info that I can get....

Ttt anyone

With the Hoyt at least you have a tuning yoke. On the downside, that roller guard imparts a good bit of torque into the bow. That's the major downfall of the latest Hoyt offerings. The roller guard holds the cables in a fixed, pre loaded position, imo too far from the string. It creates unnecessary limb twist and bottom cam lean as a result. My 34 is currently being shipped back to Hoyt to be looked at, it has been 2 weeks on Monday. I probably won't see it for another 2 weeks minimum. My bottom cam lean was to the point it was rubbing my buss serving, starting to cut through it. I was lucky just to make it through hunting season.

If you want to add a torque free system to your Hoyt, your warranty is void. They can't be responsible for some wild stuff some guys might do. I do think adding a tilt tamer or bent rod system would add a lot of forgiveness to the bow. Sure the bows tune fine with the roller torque system, but forgiveness is just not there after the limbs (bottom) start to fatigue/set and you have a bottom cam snapping back to vertical at the shot. Add in some cable rubbing and you are fooling yourself if you think your doing much shooting at longer ranges, 40 plus.

On the Elite. I owned an Elite for a few years, the GT500. There are few options when adjusting the bow for bareshaft tuning. You could shim cams, arrow spine tune, or worse case flip the limbs after the limbs set. You could also install a bent cable rod or tilt tamer with very good results. There are just limited ways to reduce the effects of lateral nock travel with the Elites. After doing all the previous mentioned steps I was able to get my Elite good, but not as good as the roller guard Spyder 34 I am shooting at the moment. This is because I at least have that buss yoke I can do some bareshaft tuning with.

So now having said all this, what bow would I pick this year? Anything that addresses primitive issues like cam lean.

1. Any Prime bow

2. Darton DS 3800

3. OK Archery Smoke

4. Heck even a dual yoked Bowtech.

Quote Originally Posted by RogBow View Post
    With the Hoyt at least you have a tuning yoke. On the downside, that roller guard imparts a good bit of torque into the bow. That's the major downfall of the latest Hoyt offerings. The roller guard holds the cables in a fixed, pre loaded position, imo too far from the string. It creates unnecessary limb twist and bottom cam lean as a result. My 34 is currently being shipped back to Hoyt to be looked at, it has been 2 weeks on Monday. I probably won't see it for another 2 weeks minimum. My bottom cam lean was to the point it was rubbing my buss serving, starting to cut through it. I was lucky just to make it through hunting season.

If you want to add a torque free system to your Hoyt, your warranty is void. They can't be responsible for some wild stuff some guys might do. I do think adding a tilt tamer or bent rod system would add a lot of forgiveness to the bow. Sure the bows tune fine with the roller torque system, but forgiveness is just not there after the limbs (bottom) start to fatigue/set and you have a bottom cam snapping back to vertical at the shot. Add in some cable rubbing and you are fooling yourself if you think your doing much shooting at longer ranges, 40 plus.

On the Elite. I owned an Elite for a few years, the GT500. There are few options when adjusting the bow for bareshaft tuning. You could shim cams, arrow spine tune, or worse case flip the limbs after the limbs set. You could also install a bent cable rod or tilt tamer with very good results. There are just limited ways to reduce the effects of lateral nock travel with the Elites. After doing all the previous mentioned steps I was able to get my Elite good, but not as good as the roller guard Spyder 34 I am shooting at the moment. This is because I at least have that buss yoke I can do some bareshaft tuning with.

So now having said all this, what bow would I pick this year? Anything that addresses primitive issues like cam lean.

1. Any Prime bow

2. Darton DS 3800

3. OK Archery Smoke

4. Heck even a dual yoked Bowtech.
    Thanks for the advice. I shot the Mathews with roller guards for several years , but it being a single cam I didn't notice any problems. Like I said , I just got to shoot the Faktor 30 several times and liked the way it felt all the way around, but I don't want tuning problems either. I'm taking which ever bow that I get to Breathn for threads and tune, and I was really leaning towards the Faktor 34.Thanks for the advice though, as I'm not at all familiar with a Hoyt. I have been shooting 2 track binaries lately and I'm over that.

Ttt

I have a Spyder 34 with rollers and have zero issues...probably one of the best hunting bows I ever built....that being said if you told me I had to shoot a Faktor 34 for everything I could live with that!
    2014 Hoyt Pro Comp Elite IBO setup,2014 Hoyt Pro Edge Elite ASA setup
    2014 Hoyt Pro Edge Elite IBO setup,2013 Hoyt Spyder 34 w/Z5s...critters
    2012 PSE 0men Pr0... just awesome,2014 Elite E35, 2014Mathews Chill X

Quote Originally Posted by dillio67 View Post
    I have a Spyder 34 with rollers and have zero issues...probably one of the best hunting bows I ever built....that being said if you told me I had to shoot a Faktor 34 for everything I could live with that!
    Thanks man. I really want a Pro edge elite but I would venture to guess that the wait times are huge. I thought about the Faktor for 3d simply because I thought I could get it faster . I called every dealer around me this weekend and everybody had the Faktor 30 , but not one had the Facktor 34. I would like to shoot one before buying , but that may not be possible. I would order a Pro edge elite right now but I need a bow badly by the end of January and am not sure if I can get either of the bows before then. Thank you for your help.

I went to order a pro edge until they said it would be 8weeks plus to get it. Ended up finding and alpha elite on here! May not have some of the new stuff the edge does but for me its all I need. I see a lot of guys with the spyder turbo on the 3d course and seem to love them!

For those that don't like the roller guard Ray knight on here is making a cable slide conversion. He has a thread for the carbon bows already.

Hoyt PRO ELITE
    TUNED TO THE MAX
    HOYT PCE XL
    HOYT PCE FX

I shot a buddy's Faktor 34 at the shop when it came in, and fell in love with it. I will be ordering one very soon. It is so quiet, and everyone commented about how quiet it was at the shot. I wouldn't listen to all the negativity about the roller guards, this subject has been beat to death here already, and is not an issue what so ever. They tune super easy.
    2014 Faktor 34 - Axcel AX-2000, Hamskea Versa-Rest, Stan Releases, Doinker Fatties, CXL Pro's
    2012 Vector Turbo - HHA DS-5510, Hamskea Versa-Rest, Stan Releases, Doinker Dish, Black Eagle Challenger's
    Antler's Archery Shooting Staff

My spyder 34 shoots better than my 2013 alphaelite and way faster ,its the best huntin bow ever.

I shoot a spyder 34 as well for 3D. Faktor will do the job as well
    Mine: 2013 Hoyt Spyder 34, 28"/65#
    Hers: 2012 Mathews Jewel, 26"/53#
    Black Eagle Arrows Shooting Staff
    Dead Center Archery Factory Staff
    Sword sights, QAD rests

you will have no problem with a faktor 34 for 3d just be aware with the #2 cam the bow is actually 33.5 inches ATA and 6.5 brace

Quote Originally Posted by huntertroy View Post
    you will have no problem with a faktor 34 for 3d just be aware with the #2 cam the bow is actually 33.5 inches ATA and 6.5 brace
    Do you know what 28" would be ATA and brace wise with the #3 cam?

Quote Originally Posted by NCBuckNBass View Post
    Do you know what 28" would be ATA and brace wise with the #3 cam?
    on the factor 34 you must use a #2 cam for a 28" draw. the #3 cam starts at 29"

my 2 choices were the same as yours,i shot both yesterday,and for me the faktor was the all around favorite,very smooth,solid wall and absolutely vibe free on the shot,i liked the e35 but not as well as the hoyt, but like I said thats just my opinion...by the way I ordered a red fusion faktor34!!!

Quote Originally Posted by waydownsouth View Post
    my 2 choices were the same as yours,i shot both yesterday,and for me the faktor was the all around favorite,very smooth,solid wall and absolutely vibe free on the shot,i liked the e35 but not as well as the hoyt, but like I said thats just my opinion...by the way I ordered a red fusion faktor34!!!
    I had one of these^^^^ in the shop,what a gorgeous bow!
    2014 Hoyt Pro Comp Elite IBO setup,2014 Hoyt Pro Edge Elite ASA setup
    2014 Hoyt Pro Edge Elite IBO setup,2013 Hoyt Spyder 34 w/Z5s...critters
    2012 PSE 0men Pr0... just awesome,2014 Elite E35, 2014Mathews Chill X