a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: Allen & Bourbon co Kansas

Allen & Bourbon co Kansas

I am going to get to hunt these counties never been to kansas. I have 9 full days to spend need to set the dates to get off of work when would be best? Also anyone ever hunted these counties it will be on private land ? What caliber deer are in the area? Any info would be apprecited.

Quote Originally Posted by AR31MAN
    I am going to get to hunt these counties never been to kansas. I have 9 full days to spend need to set the dates to get off of work when would be best? Also anyone ever hunted these counties it will be on private land ? What caliber deer are in the area? Any info would be apprecited.
    I would pick the first 9 days in November. I have had better luck calling and rattling at that time of year.

I have never hunted the two counties you ask about but I have hunted nearby Linn co. Set up on a river bottom area and you will find some big deer.

I don't know if you already have a place to hunt or not. You might call KDWP and ask about Walk-In-Hunting-Area (WIHA) atlas. It may list WIHA in those counties that you can consider.
    Last edited by RxBowhunter; August 13th, 2005 at 04:27 AM.

iTS PRIVATE LAND.tHANKS FOR THE INFO

Bourbon county KS is loaded with deer just like RxxBowhunter said. I went to college in the county south of there (Pittsburg, KS), and hunted around Fort Scott in Bourbon County a lot.
    I'd agree with the previous post about the dates. You'll see deer if you're on private land. As for size, they're the saskatchewan-type...not the tiny bodied ones you see in Texas and some other places.
    FYI...the area's also great for turkey...if you have access to land I'd suggest a spring gobbler hunt. Good luck.
    Aaron

Kansas bow hunting

I have not bow hunted in Bourbon County but have hunted Quail in this area alot. There are a lot of big deer in this area. I have seen some real trophies there. My choice of dates would be the last week of Oct through the second week of Nov. I often have wanted to hunt this area but have good hunting alot cheaper on the MO. side. Good luck get a big one. Dennis