Thread: cx2 quiver problems

cx2 quiver problems

Hi, new to forum. Does anyone have a problem with their cx2 snapping off quivers with every shot???? I called cust. serv. and they have sent me 3 quiver mounts and everyone has broken off while discharging the bolt. The last time they said its not made to be shot with the quiver mounted. Is anyone having this problem, the xbow is also very loud, thinking vibration problem...Thanks

A friend of mine has one and yes they are very load he does not use his quiver
    I shoot a scorpyd

quiver

Quote Originally Posted by gary byron View Post
    A friend of mine has one and yes they are very load he does not use his quiver
    I shoot a scorpyd
    Is he able to shoot with the quiver attached without it breaking the mount on the xbow????

I do not have that problem. make sure you have the little lever pushed in till it clicks all the way.
    Carbon Express CX-2 with CAMX Accuspine, NAP 125gr Gobbler Getter, NAP 125gr Spitfire
    Barnett Wildcat C5 with Carbon Express Maxima Hunter
    Rhino XP-1 ground blind

I had the original properly attached and it broke, called cust.serv. and they said they have an upgraded style and sent it to me. Put that one on and it broke, called again and they sent me another one. attached it and it broke, called again and they said don`t shoot with it on.....

i had the same problems with mine when i emailed them they just sent me out a new one no questions asked. since then i started taking it off when i shoot it. the plastic cant hold up to the shock of the bow.
    Keep it simple and you will enjoy it that much more!

A lot is going on there... consider the mounting point and no wonder they are breaking. FWIW I always detach my quiver from my bow when on stand (much quieter).

I am new to XBs and have done a ton of research on the subject, there isn't much out there, compared to std wheelies. I have also had a pile of crap fed to me by one of the local sporting stores in the area, needless to say they haven't and will not see any of my money. Just because an individual may not be cognizant when it comes to XBs, that doesn't necessarily mean he is a neophyte to archery and its principals.

The only reason I will be hunting next fall (this fall) with a XB is because of failing eyesight (bifocals, no problem shooting a scoped weapon). I had to give up my beloved sport in 2006 so this is a welcomed announcement to us Bluenosers.

All I got from the majority is that a XB is not a bow and we can toss all the bow rules out the window. Ummm not so fast! There is still plenty that can be brought over. Regardless of the group XB, compounds etc... we have our speed freaks out there, which is fine, but IMHO there is a price to pay for everything. I won't go into that discussion because it is a moot point, very few will listen to good reasoning.

When we look at the power a XB packs in such a small package, no wonder things fall apart. Add shooting hot and you have a disaster waiting to happen. Someone tried to convince me to go with an Excalibur as wheely XBs blow up, and are only good for 1K shots. So if you look after your bow, take 100 shots/yr that equates to 10 yrs, not bad. Although no where near what a compound will deliver. I have shot in excess of 10K arrows out of my MQ1 and it still performs as the day I received it. That being said I never shot it hot.

I have seen and I have heard of folks taking or wanting to take 50-60yd shots with a XB?????????? Totally irresponsible! I know it is a harsh word, but it goes against everything we do and our creed. My furthest shot taken on an animal was 23yds and my closest 14. So why are we looking for ranges in excess of 30yds? Some folks consider a XB akin to a rifle, it is not. Outside of a gun stock that is where the similarity ends. Some have taken advantage of the new regulations here (NS), who were never archers, to get an extended season, nothing wrong with that either (extended season). However when we consider the lack of information on the subject, it leaves a lot of ? marks. e.g the minimum bolt weight. I am still flabbergasted over that one. Excalibur 355gr, CX 380gr ect... this is also at all #s, which is the one that really gets me. Now we live in a society of repair by replacement and they follow in that suit when it come sto XBs, as you will be replacing parts and equipment. Strings capable of 125 shots? How does that compare to strings capable of 1K shots on a compound. See where I am going with this. If the arrow ain't absorbing the kinetic energy generated, than your bow will suffer. That energy has to be transferred elsewhere, if not the arrow, then the bow.

I intend to shoot my CX3 with 450-500gr bolts. I also have no intention on changing my BHs (I likes what I shoot, and don't do mechanicals). Therefore that is out of the Q. e.g 150gr BH (too much weight hanging pass the end of the arrow), better off adding a brass insert for better distribution of weight and not affecting so much FOC.

IOW its a balancing act, and IMHO alot of archery principles can cross over for top performance of our equipment.

http://www.crossbowmen.com/index.htm...-accuracy.html
    http://www.crossbowmen.com/index.htm.trajectory.html

The aforementioned links talk about moderate weighted arrows (300-400gr), but the concept can be applied to heavier bolts as well. All that is required is time on the range. The table on the left of the page (links provided) contain a wealth of info. The best I have found in one place Hope this helps