a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tuning an Elite bow

Guys what if you are feeling a hump before the bow rolls into the valley on the E35? I have mine bare shaft tuned at 40 yards but think that the draw cycle feels weird. I'm have 30 DL and maxed at 65"lbs, cams look to be the synced up.

Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by trapman View Post
    Guys what if you are feeling a hump before the bow rolls into the valley on the E35? I have mine bare shaft tuned at 40 yards but think that the draw cycle feels weird. I'm have 30 DL and maxed at 65"lbs, cams look to be the synced up.

Ryan
    There shouldn't be a hump due to tuning. It may be that you feel this because you have a longer draw and you may have the draw stops maxed out which may give the affect of a hump since you have a large space to "fall" into the valley.
    I liked Elite before they were cool.
    Hunting: '13 Answer with CBE patriot brown TEK hybrid, SS1, 10" Stokerized stab and QAD HDX flinging FMJ's.
    Target: Bowtech Experience with CBE dovetail and 1&3/8 scope, SS1, limb driver pro v black on black flinging GT velocities.

Quote Originally Posted by trapman View Post

Ryan
    My 70/30 was maxed out yesteday we checked peak and it was hitting 74# backed limb bolts off 1/2 a turn which put it at 71# and that hump disappeared.
    ELITE E32..........it TICKLES when people click it!

Quote Originally Posted by Bowthrow View Post
    There shouldn't be a hump due to tuning. It may be that you feel this because you have a longer draw and you may have the draw stops maxed out which may give the affect of a hump since you have a large space to "fall" into the valley.
    Bowthrow, I do feel that the bow is a little short for me and I do have the draw stops maxed out. I tried the 30.5 mods before I purchase the bow and it felt a little long but I don't remimber if the bow felt like it had a hump at the end of the draw.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyles View Post
    My 70/30 was maxed out yesteday we checked peak and it was hitting 74# backed limb bolts off 1/2 a turn which put it at 71# and that hump disappeared.
    Nyles, I will give this a shot, the bad thing is that the bow maxes at 64.8# or something like that. I wish I would have got the seventy pound limbs now to get a little more speed for 3D.

Marked
    13 Bowtech Insanity 27.5" 70# HHA DS-XL5519, QAD Custom, Apex Game Changer, Balance X, CE Blue Streak Select 368g=302fps
    14 Scorpyd Velocity 165 Vortex Viper PST 2.5-10x32 FFP, 22" BEE's w/NAP's Quick Spins & Spitfire's 440g=418fps

ttt

tagged

very helpful
    Mathews Z7 Mathews Creed
    Hoyt Faktor

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."

subscribed...E32 on the way.
    Blacked Out Mathews Chill 28/70 .....HHA DSXL5519, QAD HDX, KTech 5 twin, T3 Quiver, Gold Tip XT 75/95's and Rage Chisel Broadheads

Bring it back to the top.
    '14 Elite Energy 32
    Hammer Down Hunting

Subscr

Tag

Thanks. I told my Elite dealer about doing this. We did it. I felt like he maybe hadnt done this very often for anyone. I think he should.
    ELITE Energy35 | Rest: Elite QAD | Stab:Elite 7.25 | Quiver: Elite 4 | Grip: Torqueless | Site: HHA Optimizer Ultra 5519 | Lens: Clear-Target 2x | Release: Tru-Fire Hardcore MAX | Arrow: GoldTip Hunter Pro 7595 | Broad head: GrizzTrick

Marked

Subscribed

Elite Energy 35 AT Snow 28.5"/60#
    Beestinger 10" Pro Hunter Maxx
    Easton Hexx 330 27.5" 460gr
    Magnus Stinger Buzzcut 125gr

Tagged
    Pro Staff - Black Eagle Arrows
    Field Staff - Dead Center Stabalizer's
    60X STRING STAFF
    2005 Bowtech Allegiance 70#, 2013 Bowtech Experience

subscribed
    "DIE WITH MEMORIES, NOT DREAMS"

NASP high school team coach.8 WV state championships in 9 years. Elite energy 35 in max-1 camo, truball short and sweet release,spot hogg SDP sight, killzone broadheads.

Taggef
    "When a hunter is in a tree with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics
    and richer for the experience, that hunter is twenty feet closer to God." Fred Bear 1902-1988

I just bought a used gt500 and put some vt strings on and had it tuned at a local archery shop who sells Elite bows. So today I finally had a chance to zero it in on my deer target out back. I use FOBs and it seemed the further back I got the more left the arrows hit. 6" left at 35 yds. So I decided to shoot from 30yds bareshaft. The shaft missed the target altogether low left. It was easily seen to be flying nock right all the way to the target. The bow is 29" dl, 59#s shooting GT hunter pro 7595 shafts.

So the question is why did I pay for tuning? No, really though my question is this. Both my cams lean just slightly towards the cables moving the string closer to the riser. The shaft was set at 13/16" from the riser and 0 to 1/8" nock high. At that setting the bare shaft was dramatically nock right in the block at 5 yds. The manual says to set it at 7/8". Am I wrong to move the shaft inward to 11/16"? Well, I did and the shaft is flying more straight at 5 yds into my block target in the garage. Whats reasonable and whats too much?
    Famous Quote "To train a man mentally without training him spiritually is to make him a menace to society"
    Theodore Roosevelt
    <<<2009 Elite GT500 29"/60# RealTree AP, VT string/cables, G5 Rock sight, G5 compact quiver>>>

To the OP: I've been to three Elite dealers and not a single one owned a draw board. What does that say about Elite as a company?
    nuts&bolts asks me how his form looks

Quote Originally Posted by NCBuckNBass View Post
    To the OP: I've been to three Elite dealers and not a single one owned a draw board. What does that say about Elite as a company?
    Truly it says nothing about elite . It does reflect on the dealers but not entirely bad either . A draw board is not a mandatory make or break tool . There are plenty of things one can use to drive in a nail if you get my point . Yes it makes fine tuning a lot more precise but if you got someone else available to draw the bow for you repeatedly then you can get the same desired results . Elite doesn't mandate its dealers to have a draw board . And all cams systems and manufactures can benefit by the use of a draw board not just elite and binary type bows .
    Elite Pulse #70 28i
    armortech pro
    LD micro elite
    doinker stabs
    ADVANCEDARCHERY , BAKERSFIELD, CA

Subscribed.

Thanks for the write up.

I just purchased a gt 500 and have not tuned it as yet. Sounds like I will have a good time with the tuning process. I too have found that it maxed out at 75 lbs. It is a 70 lb bow.

Tagged

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast