Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What would you like to see from PSE in 2015?

Quote Originally Posted by J-Daddy View Post
    For a guy who likes to act like he knows bows you obviously don't know how to tune a bow correctly or any of the shops you go to... I'm yet to see a newer PSE that won't atleast hit the listed ibo if tuned right.
    Well, I don't see where I said anything about 'knowing bows', or even how to tune them, but I can read the labels, and a chronograph, and a tape measure, and a scale. I also went to the PSE recommended shop to have it tuned. All I can tell you are the results:
    Speed - 350fps.
    DL - 31.25" (measured)
    BH - 5.375" (measured)
    ATA - 33.5" (measured)
    DW - 69# (bottomed limbs)
    Arrow - 351gr. (weighed)
    no peep, no loop, dropaway rest.
    Now, you may want to consider me a hack, but if all you can do is criticise, "lol", and deny the facts, I'm not sure how you see that as useful? I've met a lot of PSE guys that are...

And, BTW...I've been shooting PSE for 6 years, and wouldn't switch. They are the best looking, best feeling (grips, especially) and balanced bows I have shot. They are also the fastest, which is why I got one in the first place. Quiet, rigid, and accurate. Probably 24 deer in that time. My money is still on them.

Quote Originally Posted by time907356 View Post
    Well, I don't see where I said anything about 'knowing bows', or even how to tune them, but I can read the labels, and a chronograph, and a tape measure, and a scale. I also went to the PSE recommended shop to have it tuned. All I can tell you are the results:
    Speed - 350fps.
    DL - 31.25" (measured)
    BH - 5.375" (measured)
    ATA - 33.5" (measured)
    Arrow - 351gr. (weighed)
    Now, you may want to consider me a hack, but if all you can do is criticise, "lol", and deny the facts, I'm not sure how you see that as useful? I've met a lot of PSE guys that are...

That is coming out to be like a 340 IBO and you either have some SERIOUS bow problems or your chronograph is way off. We are not talking just a couple fps off here and I have never heard of a PSE being that low. That bow would be getting sent somewhere to get fixed.

Speed - 350fps.
    DL - 31.25" (measured)
    BH - 5.375" (measured)
    ATA - 33.5" (measured)
    Arrow - 351gr. (weighed)
    Your "facts" are not facts, you've got a f'ed up bow that's out of tune and yet you spew your jaded "facts" that are really only 1 persons bow that is not tuned correctly to begin with then state that the whole company lies about speeds and the rest of us who disagree with you are just fanboys who are full of sh--. Your "facts" are invalid, sorry.
    John's Customs Pro Staff Manager
    Hoyt Carbon Spyder 34 Snow, QAD Hoyt HDX, Sure Loc LW Max, Fuse Quiver, B-Stinger stabs, GT Pro Hunter arrows

Full Throttle with a 7" brace height. Because then I will buy one for BHFS. I don't hunt, but the FT is so sexy I'd get one just for BHFS. Also silver cams and limb pockets for target bows.

Your "facts" are not facts, you've got a f'ed up bow that's out of tune and yet you spew your jaded "facts" that are really only 1 persons bow that is not tuned correctly to begin with then state that the whole company lies about speeds and the rest of us who disagree with you are just fanboys who are full of sh--. Your "facts" are invalid, sorry.
    J-Daddy,
    Partly correct; I'm fed up with having spent $1k+ for a bow that won't meet it's boiler plate spec. Mostly wrong; I put the bow through it's paces as best I, and the PSE shops within an hour can, and it doesn't measure up. 'Jaded' - really...'Facts invalid"? So what, I should just look at the labels on the bow and dis-believe the meters?? There's a true fan-boy for you! Who's full of what now?? - We're done.
    All,
    I've answered the threads call, "What would you like to see from PSE inn 2015": That's what I want. I'm 0 for 2 in PSE meeting their stated speed. If you got yours, and all you want is a new color scheme, great, I'm truly happy for you! But imagine if your Omens and FT's were shooting 325fps. out of the box, and then you spent a couple hundred more having their tech. service guys screw with it. 15 turns on the string, 3-7 on the cables, this way and that. You should see how over-rotated those cams are! I think everyone's blood would be up a notch.

Quote Originally Posted by chaded View Post
    That is coming out to be like a 340 IBO and you either have some SERIOUS bow problems or your chronograph is way off. We are not talking just a couple fps off here and I have never heard of a PSE being that low. That bow would be getting sent somewhere to get fixed.
    I've got an RA from PSE for the reasons you gave; it's going to them next week. That wasn't just my chrono, 3 chrono's have all said the same thing, within ~3fps. of each other.

I've got an RA from PSE for the reasons you gave; it's going to them next week. That wasn't just my chrono, 3 chrono's have all said the same thing, within ~3fps. of each other.
    Wow; Tough crowd! How about you put yours (bow that is) through a chrono and share the numbers! Don't drink the marketing koolaid. I've been to 3 PSE tech's, 3 chronos and two shops,...ALL 3 tell me I'll never see the IBO speed? Omen Max, 70lbs., 30", and 350 gr. bare bow = 350fps. tops. rated at 358-366
    My 2008 X-Force DS only shoots 330fps. at IBO specs too, rated at 342.

Let the data speak...

I've had 3 pse's I've only chronoed 2 of them.

My supra me and my vendetta dc both hit 325fps at 29.5" draw with a 356 grain arrow and 70lbs. The draw weight, arrow weight and draw length were all measured. This puts them in the high end of the rating with no special tuning. All I did was paper tune them.

I've since traded the supra for another dc and tweaked the dl's to 29.75".

PSE and hoyt are the only bows I've owned that will hit Ibo or exceed it with no special attention.

Edited I don't know why that top quote showed up.

I don't drink cool-aid, I roll with facts, I posted my numbers.

There are WAY to many threads on here about the ibos of PSE meeting or exceeding their numbers. If yours isn't then its set up wrong or your shop guy is a dunce. Just because yours didn't hit the number doesn't mean the whole company is full of shiz.
    2013 PSE Vendetta DC
    2012 PSE Vendetta DC

Quote Originally Posted by tmorelli View Post
    Drive Cam on a Supra Max.... its called a Freak SP and is available....and mine was in stock. Arrived in less than a week from order.
    BUT...i would like the same dl range, the freak has me close to the short end of things, will i lose efficency? my supra i am 1 inch from maxed out, not trying to sound argumentitive, just really dont know how the feel would change, and what kind of prformance losses can be expected. i have a 29 DL.

if the freak sp will do the needful it could be my next hunting rig.
    Last edited by silhouette13; January 3rd, 2014 at 07:57 AM. Reason: adding a thought
    Handsome Dave Castle
    PSE Supra Max/ Money Maker NI ..Team Easton
    CBE 3DXL/ Tek Target sights /I Shoot Stan First String
    Morse Sporting Goods Staff Shooter

Quote Originally Posted by silhouette13 View Post
    BUT...i would like the same dl range, the freak has me close to the short end of things, will i lose efficency? my supra i am 1 inch from maxed out, not trying to sound argumentitive, just really dont know how the feel would change, and what kind of prformance losses can be expected. i have a 29 DL.

if the freak sp will do the needful it could be my next hunting rig.
    The Supra. Max is gonna be faster at 29" than the Freak, the ME cam is a super fast cam for its draw length range... The Freak is gonna be smoother but your gonna drop a good amount of speed compared to the Supra at 29"... I guess it depends on how much speed is important to you?
    Hoyt Carbon Spyder 34 Snow, QAD Hoyt HDX, Sure Loc LW Max, Fuse Quiver, B-Stinger stabs, GT Pro Hunter arrows

6.5 inch brace height FT would be awesome.

The Supra. Max is gonna be faster at 29" than the Freak, the ME cam is a super fast cam for its draw length range... The Freak is gonna be smoother but your gonna drop a good amount of speed compared to the Supra at 29"... I guess it depends on how much speed is important to you?
    I can dig the speed differnce with the cams, but i am more intrested in how much efficency is lost buy having my dl on the low end of adjustments compared to same cam and dl at the longer end of adjust ments.....so in theory....if i had the same bow (geometry) with the same cams (DC) both set at 29" one is adjustable between 25 and 30 and one is between 28 and 33 which would feel better and generate the most efficency.
    Handsome Dave Castle
    PSE Supra Max/ Money Maker NI ..Team Easton
    CBE 3DXL/ Tek Target sights /I Shoot Stan First String
    Morse Sporting Goods Staff Shooter

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyMan1980 View Post
    a new Supershort with a 26.5" ata...Grizz
    ^I totaly agree love the supershort.
    2012 PSE Brute X 26 inch draw 60lbs

I'd love to see a free bow of my choice! That would be really great!
    Bow and arrow with sharp pointy thing on the end.

Unicron made mention in another thread about a short draw speed bow. I would love to see this become reality in the next few years.
    E&J Archery, Westhampton Ma.......Best archery shop in western Mass.

I want a re-issue of the X-Force SS that shoots 350 with a 7" brace height, and in Stevens Wired Fall camo.

Since we're all dreaming ... I went big.
    Needs help choosing between an Xpedition Xcentric, PSE Decree, or Bear Arena 30 for Xmas.

Give me a 34"-35" DNA SP XL and offer it in Predator camo and I'd be a happy boy.
    I would buy one then despite not liking the look of PSE.

Quote Originally Posted by Beentown View Post
    I would buy one then despite not liking the look of PSE.
    Also, drop all the cheap looking red accents.

Quote Originally Posted by Beentown View Post
    Also, drop all the cheap looking red accents.
    Yeah I ain't a fan of the red either... I'm gonna swap my new black DNA SP over to mostly all black with maybe a couple green pieces on it since the strings will be green

Hey all,
    I'm somewhat new to bows this year. My brother let me borrow his '05 PSE ProModel Scorpion and I got my first deer with it and am pretty well hooked on bows now. I am looking at getting a DNA SP.
    Couple questions....I've noticed a lot of ppl on this thread saying they would like to see longer ATA, why is this? is it just for target shooting?
    Also, any recommendations on where to get a bow kolorfusioned and the price i should expect to pay??? I live in west TX,
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Marine96 View Post
    Unicron made mention in another thread about a short draw speed bow. I would love to see this become reality in the next few years.
    hear hear!!!! my 27" draw kinda cripples what i can and cant have speed wise.
    USMC Veteran
    --------
    PSE X-Force Drive LT 70# 27.5"
    NAP Carbon Apache
    Deer Crossing Archery

Quote Originally Posted by Trying Archer View Post
    hear hear!!!! my 27" draw kinda cripples what i can and cant have speed wise.
    Heck you got a whole 1.5" on me.
    E&J Archery, Westhampton Ma.......Best archery shop in western Mass.

id like to see them bring back or make some taller bows

Quote Originally Posted by BigWhey View Post
    Hey all,
    I'm somewhat new to bows this year. My brother let me borrow his '05 PSE ProModel Scorpion and I got my first deer with it and am pretty well hooked on bows now. I am looking at getting a DNA SP.
    Couple questions....I've noticed a lot of ppl on this thread saying they would like to see longer ATA, why is this? is it just for target shooting?
    Also, any recommendations on where to get a bow kolorfusioned and the price i should expect to pay??? I live in west TX,
    Thanks!
    Usually a longer ata bow allows you to get a string angle to repeat anchor points. Also a longer ata bow usually holds a little bit better for accuracy purposes.
    But it really comes down to your DL and style of archery.
    Today, bows are getting shorter ata, but longer risers and larger cams, to feel like a longer ata bow IMO.
    2013 Hoyt spyder turbo, 70lbs black out
    Limbdriver Pro V, Tight spot quiver, Single pin Hogg Father, Fuse carbon blade.
    Spot Hogg Wiseguy release, Easton FMJ's

2013 pse omen max stormy hardwoods 60#
    Team whack'em and stack'em, aka "dookie soiled loincloth"

Quote Originally Posted by matt flint View Post
    id like to see them bring back or make some taller bows
    Heck they make more than anybody else "well maybe Hoyt" right now... With the Dominator, Supra max & Freak...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast