a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: What would you like to see from PSE in 2015?

Quote Originally Posted by J-Daddy View Post
    Heck they make more than anybody else "well maybe Hoyt" right now... With the Dominator, Supra max & Freak...
    agreed,but doin away with the vendetta for the source made me sad.i still shoot a pse and dont see that changin anytime soon.i would have just liked to get in the mix with the 2014s rather than buying an older bow

Yeah the Vendettas were great bows.
    John's Customs Pro Staff Manager
    Hoyt Carbon Spyder 34 Snow, QAD Hoyt HDX, Sure Loc LW Max, Fuse Quiver, B-Stinger stabs, GT Pro Hunter arrows

Quote Originally Posted by J-Daddy View Post
    Yeah the Vendettas were great bows.
    "I met him fifteen years ago. I was told there was nothing left. No reason,no,uh,conscience,no understanding and even the most rudimentary sense of life or death,of good or evil,right or wrong. I met this six year old child with this blank,pale,emotionless face,and the blackest eyes,the devil's eyes. I spent eight years trying to reach him and then another seven trying to keep him locked up because I realized that what was living behind that boy's eyes was purely and simply evil"...

Thank the gods for Breathn.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Oberhaz View Post
    I'd love to see a free bow of my choice! That would be really great!
    2008 X-Force
    2008 X-Force DS
    2014 Full Throttle...373 IBO!
    30", 70#, 375gr. Hunting Machines

Quote Originally Posted by matt flint View Post
    agreed,but doin away with the vendetta for the source made me sad.i still shoot a pse and dont see that changin anytime soon.i would have just liked to get in the mix with the 2014s rather than buying an older bow
    If you haven't shot a source do so. I shot a few at the show and loved the source and I have a vendetta XL DC
    Proud Shooter of Breathn Built bows
    John's Custom Archery Killing Staff
    Stormy Hardwoods Camo

35" ATA
    6.5" BH
    All black (no red badging or accents)
    350ish IBO

Quote Originally Posted by whack&stack View Post
    If you haven't shot a source do so. I shot a few at the show and loved the source and I have a vendetta XL DC
    i spent a little time with one last month at the shop.its a nice shooting bow.just either have to raise anchor or bury my head to to get my nose to the string
    maybe once i can afford to run a few different bows i will be more interested in giving the shorter bows a go.
    for this year though i am scrapping my dc and having John build me a vxl with uf cams.
    i personally am not a fan of those limb stops either.i think those would be coming off very first thing if i got a 2014

I agree no limb stops wanted on mine the vende UF bows are sweet. Great build
    Proud Shooter of Breathn Built bows
    John's Custom Archery Killing Staff
    Stormy Hardwoods Camo

400fps 3 inch brace height 50% let off
    2011 Bowtech Destroyer 350 @ 28.5" 65#/ CBE Tek Hybrid 3 pin .010/ Ripcord/ Gold Tip Velocity 7595 423 Gr/ NAP Killzones/ Carter Just B Cuz
    Twisted Archer Custom Bowstrings
    Team #18 - Team Deadlock

DNA XL 34-35 inch ata
    PSE Canadian Pro Staff
    Doinker hunt staff
    Archers Paradise Staff shooter
    Black Eagle arrows Pro staff
    Magnus Pro staff

Short draw speed bow, a speed bow that doesn't cost $1k
    PSE Dream Season Decree 70# 27"
    QAD Ultra
    Trophy Ridge React 5
    Deer Crossing Archery

Quote Originally Posted by mhill View Post
    400fps 3 inch brace height 50% let off
    35% letoff would be more forgiving
    PSE Dream Season Decree 70# 27"
    QAD Ultra
    Trophy Ridge React 5
    Deer Crossing Archery

How about a single cam freak???? Call it "freak one" hey that's catchy huh!
    Proper Practice Promotes Perfect Placement ->----------------> (X)

Full Throttle cams on a Freak would be one place to go. Can I hit 370 at 31.5" of draw....oh heck yeah thats what I am talkinga bout.

Quote Originally Posted by BROWN STAR View Post
    How about Freaky One?
    X-Force HF 55# Custom, Black and Blue Skulz's(FOR SALE)
    Decree 65# Black, Full Throttle 50# Skullworks, Dominator 3D #60.
    PSE Pro Staff, Trophy Blend Scents Pro Staff, America's Best Pro Staff, PSE Militia Member

Dominator 3d with the full throttle cams yes my dream bow.and mossy oak brush for camo id actually get a camo bow then
    BnB shooting supplies shooting staff
    easton arrows shooting staff
    pse fanatic

ya that would be perfect
    Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoHunter View Post
    How about Freaky One?
    Proper Practice Promotes Perfect Placement ->----------------> (X)

IMO, the Backstop 2 string stop should be redesigned to relocate the offset to the base as done by BowRattler. Why would you give the user the ability to move the flex-slide closer into the string only to discover that the string stop interferes with the cables? However, it might be a patent issue involved.
    Your dealer should also be able to order cams without any restrictions. For instance, I would like to order a set of Drive cams for my Supra but can't because the bow didn't come from the factory that way.
    I also would recommend that ALL of the threads on each module screw be factory coated to minimize the possibility of a loose module.
    Another thing I like to see is simple documentation that demonstrates a good starting point for yoke tuning by pulling the bow down from a S-hook to check cam alignment at full draw. My experience has been that this is much better than checking it at brace.

Quote Originally Posted by BROWN STAR View Post
    Why? For all practical purposes, it's a single cam now... it just has a two piece string.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBird1 View Post
    IMO, the Backstop 2 string stop should be redesigned to relocate the offset to the base as done by BowRattler. Why would you give the user the ability to move the flex-slide closer into the string only to discover that the string stop interferes with the cables? However, it might be a patent issue involved.
    Your dealer should also be able to order cams without any restrictions. For instance, I would like to order a set of Drive cams for my Supra but can't because the bow didn't come from the factory that way.
    I also would recommend that ALL of the threads on each module screw be factory coated to minimize the possibility of a loose module.
    Another thing I like to see is simple documentation that demonstrates a good starting point for yoke tuning by pulling the bow down from a S-hook to check cam alignment at full draw. My experience has been that this is much better than checking it at brace.
    I don't run the string stops so I enjoy the adjustability of the flex guard for 10 months out of the year. During hunting season, I run them so I then adjust for minimal clearance between it and my cables and BH tune using it. The difference is VERY slight as I keep it adjusted to keep the cables out of my sight picture anyway.

You understand why they don't readily sell cams right?

Lastly, a check of the cam lean at brace gives very predictable results of the cam lean at full draw. I check timing on a hook but check cam lean visually while at full draw. Why check cam lean on a hook....where we are beside the bow instead of behind it?

Better cams on mainline bows
    2012 PSE Brute X 26 inch draw 60lbs

The prices to fall

I want a 22" ATA speed bow with FT or UF cams..
    My bows... PSE Super Short UF, PSE Full Throttle, PSE OMEN, PSE Super Short GX, PSE Bowmadness XS & PSE Sinister.

My wife's bows... PSE Stiletto ME x2, both are pink.

A bow that has an HONEST 26" draw, gets an HONEST 295 fps at 26" while having an a-to-a as long as possible with a 6" or greater brace. The cam should not be any harsher to draw than absolutely necessary, i.e. NOT a dedicated "hunting" bow.

Essentially the bow needs to be designed for shorter draw lengths. Taking a cam/bow designed to perform at 29 inches and simply scaling it down most often does not work out real well.

The Darton DS-3800 has come the closest I've seen to accomplishing the above. The ONLY thing it lacks is a bit more a-to-a length. The PSE Omen Max can't do it and neither can the DNA SP. Both come up well short with a TRUE 26" draw.
    "You got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em,
    Know when to walk away and know when to run.
    You never count your money when you're sittin' at the table."
    Supra ME, BowMadness 34, DNA SP
    Stan ShootOff and JustX releases for hunting, foam and paper!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast