Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2014 treestands

2014 treestands

Any word about climbing treestands coming out for next year?

My hope is that summit comes out with a leveling climber.

Any cool advancements? What about lone wolf?

Scorpyd Ventilator/ Scorpyd Velocity
    SPEED DOG>>-----> sniffen out the speed
    Archery: Ain't no way to make this up..when its runnin through my blood... Ain't no hiden the truth...Just what I do!!
    Tenpoint Carbon Fusion/Excalibur Vortex/Vortex Optics-Viper PST 4-16x50 FFP

Really like the 180 Max. But I hate their cable system. The old clip was better than the spring system now. Have both and going to change the new one over like the old one. The system just chews the cable coating to pieces. Have a Lone Wolf and like the belt and its system but it doesnt like big thick bark trees, belt wont slide up tree!!! The 180 is a little heavy but sure is nice up in the tree for a all day hunt

I just picked up a Summit 180 Max SD.. This will be my first closed front tree stand ever, but I thought it would be best for crossbow hunting... The seat sure looks comfortable, I just haven't gotten to try it out yet..

Quote Originally Posted by NIIDEEP View Post
    Really like the 180 Max. But I hate their cable system. The old clip was better than the spring system now. Have both and going to change the new one over like the old one. The system just chews the cable coating to pieces. Have a Lone Wolf and like the belt and its system but it doesnt like big thick bark trees, belt wont slide up tree!!! The 180 is a little heavy but sure is nice up in the tree for a all day hunt
    What is the spring system on the cabes?
    Archery: Ain't no way to make this up..when its runnin through my blood... Ain't no hiden the truth...Just what I do!!

I am interested as well. I may be buying my first climber this year because I may only get to hunt public land. So I want something I can take in and out with me.
    Xpedition Xcentric | Athens Exceed 300 | Trinity Archery Field Staff | Stryker Solution LS 390

Clint

The climbing treestand is definitely a deadly advantage that makes killing deer easier and works well with public land because of the circumstances like theft.

But there are drawbacks to climbers like weight and having to wear a safety harness plus have a more dedicated PORTABLE self
    rescue system and because of being so portable an indepth "where I'm gonna be hunting" info to loved ones which isn't necessarily climber only but public land.

Some people don't feel comfortable climbing and I suggest getting one well in advance to practice with.

Quote Originally Posted by ClintRhodes View Post
    I am interested as well. I may be buying my first climber this year because I may only get to hunt public land. So I want something I can take in and out with me.
    Clint - climbers are a definite plus but depending on the types of trees on the land that you'll be hunting, you might want to look into a set of climbing sticks and lock-on stand combination. I say this because the lock-on setup will allow you to hunt exactly where you want instead of having to find a suitable tree first. I own a Summit Viper SS as we'll as a Lone Wolf Alpha and 4 of their sticks. The Lone Wolf setup is a lot more versatile. But there are downsides to it. They are 2 big ones IMO: harder to setup which for me usually means I'm sweating a bit by the end of it, and it's nowhere near as comfortable as the Summit.

David
    2013 Tenpoint Titan Xtreme, BE Executioners
    2012 Bowtech Insanity CPX - 51.5 lb, 28" DL
    Spot Hogg Hunter w/Wrap, QAD HDX, Beman ICS Hunter 400s, Magnus Buzzcuts 125gr 2 blade
    2011 Diamond Razor Edge - 50 lb, 28.5" DL
    Redhead Carbon Fury 4560s, Magnus Buzzcuts 125gr 2 blade

I forgot......your not in Michigan anymore bro. Check out the public land your going to hunt to see if a climber is a good choice.

New treestand company out of Michigan debuting at the ATA show next week. They're also marketing a crossbow.
    WarBird Climber_studio copy (Small).jpg

Looks a lot like a Summit. Love my Summit by the way
    Mainstreet 405/330
    Hawke XB30 Compact
    Matrix 380
    Hawke XB30 Pro

Cool tbrom .......another stand to check out.
    Thanks for the info Tbro......

Quote Originally Posted by VINSON SCOTT View Post
    What is the spring system on the cabes?
    Its the device that keeps the cable from sliding back. Most of the trouble is in the tube where they punched out part of the tube I guess so it can be welded. You need to go in there with a file and take the sharp edge off. The thing about the 180 Max is the top is so big and at a loop instead of square. Perfect for crossbow!!!!

The only climber I use now is my Timbertall bay lite, a full featured sit and climb, weighs 12.5 lbs, that adjust to suit tree diameter while you climb.
    If timbertall stands were in all the big box stores and catalogs like summit and lone wolf - a lot of people would have bought timbertall instead.

Its the device that keeps the cable from sliding back. Most of the trouble is in the tube where they punched out part of the tube I guess so it can be welded. You need to go in there with a file and take the sharp edge off. The thing about the 180 Max is the top is so big and at a loop instead of square. Perfect for crossbow!!!!
    That's why I picked up the 180, A nice roomy top for crossbow hunting.. I have been using climbing treestands for the past 22 years and I am very particular when it comes to climbing stands.. I do not like the folding ones that there is only one bolt hold the climbing arm to the platform, I stay away from stands with to many nut, bolt, and pins.. I have seen a few of them fail, they also have to may squeeks to them, very seldom does a weld fail.. I also look at the foot straps on the platform, I prefer a bungie that goes behind my heels to lock my feet in.. In a nut shell I would much rather carry a bit of a bigger more solid stand, than a compact stand that has several pivoting points that can fail..

Thanks bro!!!!

Niideep&bowhunter

Yes I'm diggen what your saying about more room on the 180. That is something to think about.

fish
    I'll have to go back and check out the timbertall again. Its been a long time since I looked at them. My memory isn't very good.

I'm a big fella 310 after dinner lol
    . i have been looking at the summit titan & goliath. also looking at treewalker my brother has a long Wolf great stand not very nice on the butt after a few hours on stand.
    darton ds3800
    darton pro3500
    built to hunt

Titan is a great stand. I have used mine three plus seasons now. I bought the optional gun and foot rest as well. Both are great accessories, but the foot rest is an absolute must! If I had it to do all over again, I would buy the Goliath instead. Every pound counts, and the Goliath is plenty enough stand.
    2011 Bowtech StrykeZone 380, Hawke XB30, AeroBolt II and Horton Bone Collector Carbon Bolts, 2012 Firenocks, 125gr Slick Trick Razor Tricks/125gr NAP Spitfires

I used the Buckshot Equalizer in Illinois and it was a nice feature to be able to level it, never been a fan of climbers, but I do see the advantages ...
    LS 390, HHA, HHA scope L-4
    Vent 150 HHA Vortex
    Crossbow Warrior Pro Staff
    NRA Member !

i have the lone wolf hand climber with a seat that was custom made by hunt comfort for it. i have tried other types but i have to say that it is the most versatile climber that i have ever used. i use the sit and climb strap and can climb just about any tree with it. it is light weight and very eay to carry. i can not see how you can do any better than this stand

Vinson I have the summit viper elite SD. I like the stand. It weighs 16lbs.
    Scorpyd ventilator 150 spynal taps and ramcats
    Bowtech destroyer 340
    Scorpyd ventilator 100
    Stryker 390 LS
    NRA member. Are you?

Quote Originally Posted by TBrom View Post
    New treestand company out of Michigan debuting at the ATA show next week. They're also marketing a crossbow.
    WarBird Climber_studio copy (Small).jpg
    Looks good on paper, might have to give this one a serious look.

Introducing The Ultimate in Climbing Treestand, WarBird™ By HAWK™ Posted: December 19, 2013 / in: Outdoors News / No comments
    * * * * **Aluminum Climber by HAWK Features Patent-Pending Auto-Latch™ Cable Technology

December 19, 2013. Vassar, MI.* The all-new Warbird™ Climbing Treestand from HAWK is re-defining ease of use with their newly designed and patent-pending Auto-Latch™ system.* The Auto-Latch™ allows hunters to simply and silently push the rubber-coated tree cables into the climber arms for an automatic attachment, effectively eliminating the hassle and noise associated traditional pin and hole systems.

“Along with a solid and silent platform, a good climbing treestand always starts with a simple, silent and secure way to attach to the tree,” says Scott Lee of Hawk Hunting.* “Our Auto-Latch is the easiest and quietest cable attachment ever developed for climbing treestands. Getting on and off the base of the tree can now take seconds instead of several minutes.* Combine that with our fold-flat technology for compact carrying and the HAWK Memory Foam seat, I’m always excited to take this stand in the woods.”

The sleek cable attachment is only the beginning.* For comfort, the HAWK WarBird™ includes a thick Sling Lounger Seat with Memory Foam, Tactical Padded Arms, and a Comfort-Molded Sit-N-Climb Padded Bar.** The WarBird™ also comes standard with a silent foldout footrest for ultimate comfort during long sits. . **Adjustable tree/storage cinch straps and a premium drawstring storage pouch are also included.

To learn more about the WarBird™ Climber and all other newly launched HAWK products, visit booth 3055 at ATA 2014, or visit www.facebook.com/HAWKgear.

HAWK is a hunter-driven company committed to ruggedly designed outdoor gear. Never satisfied and refusing to settle, our passion is bring superior design, quality and performance to products that all hunters can enjoy. Like refining a strategy in the woods, it’s all about evolving.

HUNT STRONGER. SAFER. SMARTER. HUNT FROM ABOVE.

The stand looks very nice. Does anybody know how much it weighs?

Quote Originally Posted by deercamping View Post
    The stand looks very nice. Does anybody know how much it weighs?

Their website is coming soon: http://www.hawkhunting.com/

On their facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/HAWKgear It says that the MSRP is going to be $269.99
    Hawk just responded to my facebook post and says that the stand weighs 22lbs.

There is another article on them: http://huntinglife.com/introducing-u...-warbird-hawk/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast