a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: Darton centershot tuning?

Darton centershot tuning?

Now that we have a Darton dealer within 40 miles Ive been trying to read up on them. I like a lot of the technology and features. However Ive seen one statement that seems to pop up when doing searches. Some people complain that Dartons seem to tune way outside centershot. I d like to hear from Darton owners about this.
    Happy New Year

I just posted it all in the grip.
    Watch the youtube vids with Ted.
    Hold it down the life line and relax your hand.
    Use a wrist or finger sling so there is no danger of dropping the bow.
    All my Dartons tune down the middle.
    I shoot field,3D,hunt,indoor target.
    Never had an issue in 20 years.
    Hope I have helped.

Shawn
    Darton Pro Staff
    Great Northern Paracoard Pro staff
    Dark Wolf custom bow strings Staff Shooter

As above I have tuned every Darton I have owned true center shot.
    Darton DS 3800 2013
    Darton DS 3800 2011
    GT 22 pro series & x cutters
    Dead Center Stabilizers ( staff shooter )

I have found that you have to make sure you get you hand straight behind the grip with a Darton. You cannot have your hand rotated out so that you are "pulling" the bow forward. You have to be pushing it, with your hand straight behind it. Part of the problem comes from the shelf, it is wide to give protection but can interfere with getting your hand "behind" the grip. I believe it was Shakyshot that told me he has the shelf machined on his so he can get his hand on it the way he wants.
    Even if you are not comfortable with your hand in that position, Darton bows are very easy to tune for clean arrow flight. The rest may be out from the riser a little more than normal, but what does it really matter if the arrow is flying clean and broadheads group well?!
    Darton bows, Extreme Stabilization stabilizers, Bodoodle rest, Black Eagle arrows, Sword sights, 60X strings.

i have a 3500 & a 3800 both are tuned deadnuts down the center. the3500 is going to a friend that just getting into archery & I'm going to fill that hole with the new ds3714 & i have no doubt it will tune down the center.
    darton ds3800
    darton pro3500
    built to hunt

I can't wait until the new ones come in!

I'll be testing all aspects of the bows.

Any idea when you'll see a 3714?

This whole thing about tuning outside centershot----why is that some bows do that and some don't?

not yet i like the 7" brace for late season bulky clothes.
    darton ds3800
    darton pro3500
    built to hunt

Quote Originally Posted by NCBuckNBass View Post

This whole thing about tuning outside centershot----why is that some bows do that and some don't?
    They are shipping right after the ATA I was told.

I'm pumped to shoot the new ones!!

Quote Originally Posted by NCBuckNBass View Post

Some is your grip on a particular bow and some of it is cam lean which all bows have and is not evil like some suggest.

With the Darton, you don't have yokes to manipulate the top and bottom axle. If the bow has too much cam lean either way, it will show up in the center shot being in or out.

With yokes you can move the center shot by tipping the cam in small increments.

Quote Originally Posted by whack n' stack View Post
    I can't wait until the new ones come in!

I'll be testing all aspects of the bows.
    Keep us posted.
    Not sure if I can bugget another new bow
    Darton Pro Staff
    Great Northern Paracoard Pro staff
    Dark Wolf custom bow strings Staff Shooter

Quote Originally Posted by whack n' stack View Post
    Some is your grip on a particular bow and some of it is cam lean which all bows have and is not evil like some suggest.

With the Darton, you don't have yokes to manipulate the top and bottom axle. If the bow has too much cam lean either way, it will show up in the center shot being in or out.

With yokes you can move the center shot by tipping the cam in small increments.
    Then I dont understand the purpose of their yoke system
    whats it for?

U can yoke tune them n tune to no to very lil cam lean just serve the pastic piece in the yoke and tune it nuts and bolts posted this long ago mine shoot broad heads with field points out to 75 yards and centershot tunes center to very slight outside. When u compare darton bows side by side big name bows u will be surprised how the darton out performs them take the opportunity to compare to any bow u want. They hit their ibo and don't draw a 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch longer than draw length setting like others. Good luck
    11 hoyt alpha elite green, 13 mr8 black, 14 xpedition xr7s max 4, T-Brand slings, drt & razor trick broadheads Archeryshack strings staff

Quote Originally Posted by shakyshot View Post
    Keep us posted.
    Not sure if I can bugget another new bow
    I will.

The first one we have on order is the 3914. They said it would ship this next week.

I've had two DS 3800's first one tuned way outside of center, my current one seems to be down the center. My list of bows I've owned since 2006 include; Elite E-500, elite XXL, 2010 elite gt 500, 2011 elite pure, 2011 darton ds3800, 2012 pse evo 7, another 2011 darton 3800 and a 2013 bear motive. The dartons were the easiest to tune and the best shooting bow of the ones I have owned, my second pic would be the bear motive and its for sale to make room for the 3714
    Mars hills, Manitoba

Quote Originally Posted by wvbowhunter77 View Post
    U can yoke tune them n tune to no to very lil cam lean just serve the pastic piece in the yoke and tune it nuts and bolts posted this long ago mine shoot broad heads with field points out to 75 yards and centershot tunes center to very slight outside. When u compare darton bows side by side big name bows u will be surprised how the darton out performs them take the opportunity to compare to any bow u want. They hit their ibo and don't draw a 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch longer than draw length setting like others. Good luck
    Hi I've done a quick search and can't find the post by nuts & bolts you mentioned above, have you got a link or any details on how to serve the plastic piece in.

I have a 2013 Ds 3800 and it tunes dead center. Performance wise this bow blows away my previous bows.

The limb deflection/cam lean will affect how far off center the bow tunes. Maybe I got lucky with mine- but I don't think I have heard much about the newer ones having to tune outside of center.

I also have a 2013 ds 3800 and it tuned dead center also, first darton I've owned so I can't speak for older models.

The 2014's are spot on so far this year. Every Darton we've got in has tuned right down the middle.

I think it is very safe to say the limb deflections are spot this year.

Well done Darton!

Got my new 2013 DS 3800 home and set up.

Arrow at 90 degrees and lined up dead with the tuning mark on the shelf for center shot. Pins lined up with arrow and string. So far I have paper tuned and French tuned. Bullet hole tears and zero center shot adjustment needed.

Zero CAM lean at full draw on the draw board.

Only issue is draw length according to my measurement is 1/4" long (I could be off but I don't think so) and ATA is 1/8" too long.

66lbs, 28.75 draw length, 400 grain arrow averages 297fps.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfgang510 View Post
    Got my new 2013 DS 3800 home and set up.

Arrow at 90 degrees and lined up dead with the tuning mark on the shelf for center shot. Pins lined up with arrow and string. So far I have paper tuned and French tuned. Bullet hole tears and zero center shot adjustment needed.

Zero CAM lean at full draw on the draw board.

Only issue is draw length according to my measurement is 1/4" long (I could be off but I don't think so) and ATA is 1/8" too long.

66lbs, 28.75 draw length, 400 grain arrow averages 297fps.
    Did you have the draw weight maxed when you measured the draw length and ATA? It also could be that your string has stretched some, that would account for the long draw length and ATA being long.
    Darton bows, Extreme Stabilization stabilizers, Bodoodle rest, Black Eagle arrows, Sword sights, 60X strings.

Quote Originally Posted by darton3d View Post
    Did you have the draw weight maxed when you measured the draw length and ATA? It also could be that your string has stretched some, that would account for the long draw length and ATA being long.
    No.

Shouldn't lowering the draw weight shorten the ATA if anything? This is a 2013 bow so the string has been on it for awhile. Not sure how many shots have been put thru it. It wasn't the demo model but I'm sure it was shot by a number of customers.

I was thinking of twisting up the string a touch when my bow press arrives.

With limb bolts at bottom: 73lbs, 19 holding, ATA 33&15/16
    4 turns backed out: 61lbs, 16 holding, ATA 33&15/16

Also the string is not centered in the tuning marks. It is close but not centered.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfgang510 View Post
    With limb bolts at bottom: 73lbs, 19 holding, ATA 33&15/16
    4 turns backed out: 61lbs, 16 holding, ATA 33&15/16

Also the string is not centered in the tuning marks. It is close but not centered.
    Whoops, I had the cables reversed in the slide grooves. Cable lines up perfectly with the timing marks.