a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kiskys switch to dead ringer broad heads

I saw these today at my local Walmart for 30 dollars. Seems like a decent price. But I still have about 3 2blade Rage left.

2009 Elite Xlr 28.5/60 Ninja
    2010 Pse Vendetta xl reverse at 28.5/60
    2011 Elite Pure Blk rizer Sno limbs 28.5/60

The ferrules are way too long and skinny for my liking..I'll pass.

I live in Iowa actually… I did some work for the company as an independent consultant. I was asked to TEST the new 2" 3 Blade head on my deer in Iowa (later named the freak nasty). Both my wife and I killed with the 3 blade Rampage. Worked very well. I was present during many of the tests that folks had done around me including Kiskys. I watch many posts on AT bash hard working business owners who come into this industry with new products and many bashes of show hosts that people assume they know everything about and remained silent as I read the threads. Because I tested them myself, I thought I would comment. I am just a normal guy trial153. I stuck up for what I saw and the results I experienced. Nothing more, nothing less.

Also… I have had some great results with other broad heads but this was about Kiskys switching broad heads so my posts stayed about that. Generally I am just a positive person but understand that does not work for everyone.

I saw the Rampage in a retail store and really liked the design. I hadn't seen or heard of them before that. They have a small profile when closed and the method of blade deployment looks like a great system. Yes they have o-rings, but the way they are designed I cannot imagine they could fail to open. They were priced at $40 for 3.

Today I was in a different store, and they were marked down to $30, and on sale for half of that. $15 for 3. I bought 3 packs of 2 blade and 3 packs of 3 blade. I wish I would have bought them all. I am that impressed with the design.

They are advertised as being tested to 400fps without opening in flight. I would think after closely inspecting the design and placement of the o-rings this would be true.

I'm climbing the tree with them tomorrow.
    2014 Bear Agenda 6

Well, the pouring rain and bazillion mile an hour wind kept me out of the tree, but I did get to shoot them.

I tried both the 1.5" 3 blade and 1.5" 2 blade 100 grain heads out of my crossbow that is rated at 350fps. Both heads had the same impact point as my field tips at 20 yards. The blades fully deployed in my block target and the bolts buried to the fletching. The o-rings were about 4" in front of the fletching and were not ruined. The heads received no damage whatsoever.

I think these are keepers. They fly great.

I did find that the o-rings on the heads that were displayed open in the package were somewhat stretched from being on the larger portion of the ferrule for who knows how long? The ones properly placed with the heads in the closed position were much tighter. This was evident by pulling the blades away from the ferrule as if to open them.
    2014 Bear Agenda 6

Quote Originally Posted by novich69 View Post
    Anybody that changes theyre equipment because of what they saw or heard from someone on a TV hunting show,should be eliminated from the gene pool.
    Bingo!!!!! Joe blow that spends his hard earned money and puts in the miles and shots that matter are much more of an opinion of a sponcered so and so!!!
    Hoyt carbon spyder 30 80#

Quote Originally Posted by longbeard02 View Post
    It's all about the $$$$$$ . Half of those great so called tv hunting professionals would shoot field points if someone would offer them enough $$$ .
    Pay for my hunting next year and I'll use whatever you tell me.
    Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison.

I had the opportunity to take a deer with the 1.5" 3 blade Rampage yesterday afternoon.

This is the same head I shot in my block target 5 times out of my Agenda 6 for sighting in and testing. It opened fully every time, and the arrow flight was great. After 5 shots the o-ring was undamaged. This is the same arrow I shot the deer with. I made a 25 yard shot, complete passthrough, hitting exactly where I aimed cutting all of the plumbing loose from the deer's heart. The deer ran dead for 25 yards and game over. It did go through bone on the entry and exit sides. The head was not damaged. I touched up the blades with my diamond hone, though it wasn't really necessary. Even after 5 shots in the block, and a complete passthrough on a deer, the o-ring was seated against the fletching and totally undamaged! After inspection and flex testing the arrow, it is back in the quiver and will be launched at the next deer I get a shot at.

I don't care which hunting personality shoots these heads. I'm a believer now. And I do see the use for hybrid heads. If I can get dart-like flight out of a fast bow, reliability, and nearly double the diameter of the wound channel, why wouldn't I?

I'm not saying that fixed blade heads won't get the job done. I killed a lot of deer back in the day with a Bear Bruin Lite 3 blade head. But the flight, durability, and the crimson paint job this Rampage head did to the Arkansas snow yesterday sealed the deal for me.
    2014 Bear Agenda 6

Looked at the three blade yesterday at the NWTF show in Nashville and talked with the owner. I really like the design and the owner seemed like a stand up straight shooting guy. I really like my Grave Diggers but these are another good design.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123