Thread: Organizing Photos

Organizing Photos

I've been running Trail Cameras for years now and just started thinking about organizing all the photos and was wondering what everyone is doing?
    I currently just create a folder with the date and dump them all there. So I have years worth of photos and folders that organize them by date. But I'm thinking there has to be a better way.
    By deer?
    By Month?

Just curious what everyone else is doing.

I do about you are doing. I have a folder for the year, then inside that I have it sorted by month. After a full year a delete all unless there was one I was particular interested in.
    So basically I just deleted 2012 and have folders 2013 and 2014.

I typically keep all bucks 2.5 and older or unless they are unique. I save them to folders depending on location and year. I back up all of my images on an external hard drive
    '06 Bucknasty Bowtech Tribute HD Grey
    Trophy Taker
    Trophy Ridge Matrix
    Beman ICS 500 (Gravel Ridge Custom)

Check it out.....if you are just getting started, get started on the right foot. You won't regret the purchase.....

FYI....I am not affiliated in any way, just a fan of the product...

http://scoutingassistant.com

Joe
    RingerCams - Keeping Your Eyes on the Prize!!!
    www the 12-ring . com
    Custom Predator GT500, Stage One Threads, Custom Posten, Custom Sword Twilight Hunter, Maxima Hunters
    383 grains @ 300fps

I found myself in this same predicament the other day so I figured I would see if anyone had suggestions on here. I have years worth of photos from bucks that I have been following (some for a few years) on our 700 acre farm in SW Iowa. I did a quick google search and I came across http://www.huntforce.com. They have a free version that I am trying out and I think this might be the answers to our prayers..you can organize your pictures by camera location and put your photos into animal profiles + more cool features. I think I am sold...Thought I'd share this find! Check it out

Quote Originally Posted by pops423 View Post
    I've been running Trail Cameras for years now and just started thinking about organizing all the photos and was wondering what everyone is doing?
    I currently just create a folder with the date and dump them all there. So I have years worth of photos and folders that organize them by date. But I'm thinking there has to be a better way.
    By deer?
    By Month?

Just curious what everyone else is doing.
    If you want to not mess with folders I would recommend DeerLab.com's trail camera software. The web app does all the organizing for you automatically and you can filter photos by property, camera, dates, weather conditions, moon phases, wind directions, etc. I'm biased as I and a partner of mine built the system but I think you'll really like it if you're tired of dealing with folders and trying to find specific photos. That's why I built it. When you have multiple cameras it takes forever doing it the manual way and you can't take advantage of the data. Besides being really easy to use DeerLab saves a lot of time too. There's a lot of features without it getting overwhelming, such as patterning bucks, filtering photos, adding local weather station data to every photo, mobile-friendly, etc.

I use the "folder method" I guess but it works good for me. I have a folder for the year- then sudfolders for the "spots"- then within the "spot folders" I have each buck identified by letter and in chronological order.

This way allows me to look up the bucks from each farm, each year, and see in order how they progressed through the year from velvet right up till shedding.

The worst part is it gets to be a lot of labeling when you have a bunch of card pulls.
    " YOU GOTTA WANT IT!"

I have been using Huntforce as well and it is an awesome product. They just released their 2.0 version which pulls the weather conditions based on your trail camera location. Read this blog on their website. It gives you a complete run down.

http://blog.huntforce.com/v20-features-whats-new

Hoyt CRX 35
    60#
    30.5"
    Best advice every received, "When in doubt, play Melencamp"