a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 64

Thread: Bowtech RPM 360 Review

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    SE Florida
    Posts
    247

    Bowtech RPM 360 Review

    Well I'm back from the ATA Show and as soon as I jumped on AT I see a lot of people making false speculations about this bow. I shot the RPM multiple times on Monday and Tuesday. First off this does not feel like a speed bow. The draw cycle smoothly builds up the first 3 or 4 inches then the draw cycle turns into a draw that is smoother than the Experience. Its a very level cycle with no hump at the beginning or end. It also does not want to rip once you get out of the valley like the Insanity does. It has a standard OB valley. The shot feels like the Invasion. Just a pinch of buzz that can be taken out with a good stabilizer. This does not feel like a speed bow in any way. It is in my opinion a speed Experience. Very quiet as well. It will be fun to see everyone's true review in a month or so once they start arriving in shops.



  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    33,120
    Nice review.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Avondale, PA
    Posts
    709
    Thanks for the review.....I am looking forward to shooting one as well.
    2011 Bowtech Invasion, 70#, GT Velocities--Pretty Darn Fast and Quiet
    2013 Bowtech D350 LE, 64#, GT Velocities--Pretty Darn Faster and Quiet
    "It won't Die Unless Arrows Fly"

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,573
    I'm very satisfied with my Invasion. But... That RPM looks like it could take it's place in the near future.

    I'm waiting on the reviews also.

    The Experience was to close to the Invasion (but heavier) to make a change.

    If I can get 20 more fps out of my FMJ's, I would invite that into my hunting for sure.

    Good insight on your review.
    Blue PSE Supra ME for 3-D,
    Black PSE Supra ME for Field and Target,
    Bowtech Insanity for killin.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Kansas U.S.A.
    Posts
    3,801
    From watching the videos of the bow being shot, it dosent look like it's as aggressive as a 360ibo bow typically is. When Ike shot it, it looked pretty smooth to me. The thing I noticed the most is how quiet it is. I think bowtech hit a huge homerun with that bow. In every way. It's worth the tad bit of extra weight if it's as rigid as they say. Thanks for the quick review from someone who has had bow in hand. I look forward to shooting it!
    ~PROUD TO B AMERICAN~
    }}}}--------------------------------------------->>>> ⊙
    prescription strength bowhunting.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Burque, NM
    Posts
    4,134
    This seams to be a very uniform review which is great! I am amp'd to shoot one. Only bummer is I am hearing there may be some signifigant dealys in shipping??
    Bowtech Specialist Sno Cap & Bowtech Specialist Testarossa: Spots & 3D
    Bowtech Destroyer 350 [Barsndale Limbs] Elk & Bow Bowtech Invasion: Deer

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    9,756
    Quote Originally Posted by rutjunky View Post
    From watching the videos of the bow being shot, it dosent look like it's as aggressive as a 360ibo bow typically is. When Ike shot it, it looked pretty smooth to me. The thing I noticed the most is how quiet it is. I think bowtech hit a huge homerun with that bow. In every way. It's worth the tad bit of extra weight if it's as rigid as they say. Thanks for the quick review from someone who has had bow in hand. I look forward to shooting it!
    I didn't shoot it but I stood right next to a few guys who did. I will say this.....it was quiet to the point that I couln't quite believe it. SUPER quiet. Bowtech is probably going to clean up with the competition on this bow.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Greenville, NC
    Posts
    988
    I'm definitely going to shoot it before I buy a new bow. I like what I've heard so far, even if it is from the BowTech groupies.
    14 Elite Energy 32
    09 Mathews Monster 6 27.5/70 297 FPS
    11 Anneewakee Addiction Longbow 57# @ 28"
    BBO 50# @ 26"

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    In da woods
    Posts
    30,784
    I've been reading much of the same opinion on the RPM. Smooth draw and quiet.

    If that bow hits it's IBO, it should be one heck of a good seller.

    Happy Shooting.

    Skeet.
    I cut my arrows twice and they're still too short.


    My setup......E35, 60# with a TorqueLess Grip, JBK strings, QAD rest, Tru Glo sights, and a cheap, light weight stab.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    oregon
    Posts
    3,869
    I will be driving right by the Bowtech factory in oregon today or tomorrow on my way north for work. I will probably stop off and shoot this bow if they have it there hangin on the rack. They should because it is the actual factory after all.
    Just need a bit of time to write up a decent informative review. Heck I write detailed reports for a living so one more is fine.
    Kevin
    2014 Hoyt Carbon Spyder Turbo, Blackout, QAD HDX rest, MBG Accent 3 pin slider, Tight Spot, X rod. Axis 340's.
    I have nuthin' clever to put here.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    along the Perkiomen Trail
    Posts
    9,662
    Smooth, ample valley and ultra quiet were all traits that I liked about it.
    2015 Bowtech Prodigy =---}}}----------------:>
    Well outside of the

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    9,756
    Quote Originally Posted by Buxndiverdux View Post
    I'm definitely going to shoot it before I buy a new bow. I like what I've heard so far, even if it is from the BowTech groupies.

    FWIW....I have never owned a Bowtech but this bow is going to make noise with speed freaks for sure if it is as fast as they say it is.

  13. #13
    It's a Bad Arse bow for sure! Can't wait to get mine! Shot it several times at the show and love it! Was expecting a much harsher draw than what it has... was pleasantly surprised!
    "WIZARD"

    Sales & Service Tech @ SunRy's Archery & Outdoors
    Bowtech Experience 28.5" 70#

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    SE MI
    Posts
    6,931
    I have one on order for the wife in 50lbs, I can't get it for myself due to my longer draw but from the videos of the draw and some of the reviews it seem like a great bow. I just hope the wife can pull it at maxed out limbs. She can pull her elite answer with no problems for 30 shots.
    2012 CPXL SH camo 52lbs 436 grain arrow 279fps.
    2014 BT RPM 51.7lbs for wife 378 grain 271fps & 2012 Elite answer 52.5lbs wifes
    2015 bowtech Boss on order
    2015 Hoyt nitrum turbo

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,737
    What is the MSRP?

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    3,751
    Nice review.
    INVASION
    RPM 360
    Accurate Archery Tuning-ONTARGET7
    ShootersArchery
    Nail by nail, and board by board.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Below the Mason Dixon above VA
    Posts
    3,139
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter 58 View Post
    I've been reading much of the same opinion on the RPM. Smooth draw and quiet.

    If that bow hits it's IBO, it should be one heck of a good seller.

    Happy Shooting.

    Skeet.
    I agree and that's what I'm waiting to see.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

    Mama lock your daughters up that wild bunch is back in town

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by sightpin View Post
    What is the MSRP?
    $999, probably see it for $949 most places
    "WIZARD"

    Sales & Service Tech @ SunRy's Archery & Outdoors
    Bowtech Experience 28.5" 70#

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    In da "Show Me"
    Posts
    12,128
    Quote Originally Posted by elkbow69 View Post
    I will be driving right by the Bowtech factory in oregon today or tomorrow on my way north for work. I will probably stop off and shoot this bow if they have it there hangin on the rack. They should because it is the actual factory after all.
    Just need a bit of time to write up a decent informative review. Heck I write detailed reports for a living so one more is fine.
    Kevin
    Take some pics of the camo versions !!!!
    I just got back from the Army base bowshop and told em to order a Lefty camo 360........
    '10 New Breed Genetix- 60lbs. / 28.5" ---> '12 New Breed Eclipse- 65lbs. / 28.5", ---> '15 New Breed _____ ?? - 65lbs/ 28.5"
    Carter's Archery- "Get Crackerized" , Starrflight FOBs- "Fletchings Only Better"

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    5,246
    I'm waiting to shoot the rpm myself. Should have a few coming soon. Also waiting to see if there are any finish problems that creep up.
    That's the only thing that's kept me from pulling the trigger on one. Loved the invasion so the rpm will have to be killer. Kinda wishing
    it had alittle longer ata but if it shoots well for me that's what counts.
    2014 Xpedition Xcentric BLACK 30" 60# qad hd, extreme sight, K3 stabilizer, truball ht, victory vaps

  21. #21

    Bowtech RPM 360 Review

    I must say I was surprised at the draw cycle for the IBO speed rating. As a whole I would put it in the top 3 or 4 at the show. Now if you are looking for speed alone, I would actually give it my number 1 pick of bows 350+ IBO. What I did not like, was the dump on the back end, the overall weight, and seen several of the Dampeners bearing balls come out while I was there. The cams also appear to not have much meat to them so hopefully they hold up to a little abuse. Did see a guy shoot one that flew right out of his hand and that was the first thing they looked at. Curious myself when the bows start to trickle in to actually shoot a 70# on the shelf to see if the draw is the same. The only reason I say that, I felt some bows were not the actual 70# they said they were. This is not referring to just Bowtech either.
    >>-----------> OT7 CUSTOM BOW TUNING <-----------<<
    GIVING YOU TRUE ARROW FLIGHT WITH GUARANTEED RESULTS
    www.facebook.com/OnTarget7Shane
    http://www.ontarget7.com/
    970-301-0706

  22. #22
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Central Ohio
    Posts
    3,360
    Quote Originally Posted by ontarget7 View Post
    I must say I was surprised at the draw cycle for the IBO speed rating. As a whole I would put it in the top 3 or 4 at the show. Now if you are looking for speed alone, I would actually give it my number 1 pick of bows 350+ IBO. What I did not like, was the dump on the back end, the overall weight, and seen several of the Dampeners bearing balls come out while I was there. The cams also appear to not have much meat to them so hopefully they hold up to a little abuse. Did see a guy shoot one that flew right out of his hand and that was the first thing they looked at. Curious myself when the bows start to trickle in to actually shoot a 70# on the shelf to see if the draw is the same. The only reason I say that, I felt some bows were not the actual 70# they said they were. This is not referring to just Bowtech either.
    Yeah the bows being 50 pounds or marked for different weights can be misleading.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    fallin waters wv
    Posts
    6,876
    Quote Originally Posted by CamoFreak117 View Post
    Well I'm back from the ATA Show and as soon as I jumped on AT I see a lot of people making false speculations about this bow. I shot the RPM multiple times on Monday and Tuesday. First off this does not feel like a speed bow. The draw cycle smoothly builds up the first 3 or 4 inches then the draw cycle turns into a draw that is smoother than the Experience. Its a very level cycle with no hump at the beginning or end. It also does not want to rip once you get out of the valley like the Insanity does. It has a standard OB valley. The shot feels like the Invasion. Just a pinch of buzz that can be taken out with a good stabilizer. This does not feel like a speed bow in any way. It is in my opinion a speed Experience. Very quiet as well. It will be fun to see everyone's true review in a month or so once they start arriving in shops.
    my thoughts exactly cant wait for mine to get here
    2013 bowtech experience
    2014 prime impact

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Northern Panhandle of WV
    Posts
    6,983
    I am not a bowtech fan and short and fast isn't my cup of tea but this bow did surprise me. Nothing like I was expecting for the speed. My only real issue was the plastic grip. Didn't care for that part at all and wonder what's under it and if side plates could be used. Sorry I somehow deleted my pics of the cams.







    ELITE Energy 35 - Z28 - VICTORY on order
    Herd Growth Specialist....aka...The Deer Watcher

    Originally posted by ohiobooners ....."In all seriousness I do hope ppl understand that a deer is not worth losing your dignity over".?

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    SE MI
    Posts
    6,931
    thanks for the pic pbuck!! yeah that grip doens't look the greatest, I hope you can shoot atleast off the riser or side plates, but heard it will come off but no side plates tho.
    2012 CPXL SH camo 52lbs 436 grain arrow 279fps.
    2014 BT RPM 51.7lbs for wife 378 grain 271fps & 2012 Elite answer 52.5lbs wifes
    2015 bowtech Boss on order
    2015 Hoyt nitrum turbo

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •