Results 1 to 23 of 23

Thread: Hoyt pro shop prices

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    28

    Hoyt pro shop prices

    Sooo,



    It sounds the new Hoyt carbon spyder bows can be had anywhere from 1200-1399+tax. The prices here in MN are uniformly at the high end. Can you really buy them cheaper down south? If yes, what is the reason. And also: where. I travel a lot and I might as well buy them 200$ cheaper if I knew where.
    I would appreciate any info.


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    wisconsin
    Posts
    760
    $1140 here in Green Bay, 5 hour drive from minn
    Monster MR7
    Creed
    Easton
    Carbon Express

  3. #3
    They are 1399 in west central IL

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    1,498
    Seen one last night with a tag price of 1099.
    Hoyt Spyder 30/Hoyt Alphaelite--CBE--Scott--Gold Tip--Vane Tec--Doinker--Sitka--First Lite--S&S Archery-->

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,487
    Strange how prices change from place to place. Hard to think my dollar does not goes as far here in Colorado as it would in Wi or Tn. For the life of me I cant figure out how this is happening. Most of the prices showing up here are way below the Hoyt MAP for my area. I would like to think Hoyt knows information is easy and available on line. I know that dealers get different costs based on the volume they sale but I would think that MAP is the same. Just thinking out loud.
    Athens Factory Staff Shooter
    Home of CPR Black Forest Zuberant Zoie

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    69
    The MAP is the Minimum Advertised Price. That doesn't mean the dealer can't cut a better deal with the customer at the shop. So the worst thing that can happen, if you offer to buy for less, is the dealer says "no". You might tell the local dealer about the deals elsewhere, and ask him to match it. Most people are too timid to haggle, and if the dealer won't sell for the "street price" he should lose the deal.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,634
    Some shops try to sell at Suggested retail and some at MAP and others somewhere in between.
    At MAP prices the margins are not all that great no matter what buying level you're at. The higher the price the lower the % of gross profit and yes that's why some of the more inexpensive items are marked up a little higher to help make up for the expensive, not as profitable items.
    All in all if a shop can average about 35% GPM they should be somewhat profitable, That does not mean he makes 35%, after all bills, wages and expenses most are lucky to see 1 or 2% net profit at the end of the year.
    What I don't understand is shops selling below MAP and crying they're not making any money. That would be like a person going to work and telling his boss to keep $50.00 each day and then crying he's under paid.
    Map price is the same every where. Shop around and save what you can. I truly suggest buying and supporting those that will be there to support you when you need help, sometimes even if it does cost a couple extra dollars.

    Good Luck
    RIVERSIDE ARCHERY & RANGE
    SUMAVA RESORTS, IN

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    28,681
    Quote Originally Posted by bukfever2 View Post
    Some shops try to sell at Suggested retail and some at MAP and others somewhere in between.
    At MAP prices the margins are not all that great no matter what buying level you're at. The higher the price the lower the % of gross profit and yes that's why some of the more inexpensive items are marked up a little higher to help make up for the expensive, not as profitable items.
    All in all if a shop can average about 35% GPM they should be somewhat profitable, That does not mean he makes 35%, after all bills, wages and expenses most are lucky to see 1 or 2% net profit at the end of the year.
    What I don't understand is shops selling below MAP and crying they're not making any money. That would be like a person going to work and telling his boss to keep $50.00 each day and then crying he's under paid.
    Map price is the same every where. Shop around and save what you can. I truly suggest buying and supporting those that will be there to support you when you need help, sometimes even if it does cost a couple extra dollars.

    Good Luck
    Exactly. But unfortunately most people on this site that complain haven't the first clue what it takes to run a pro shop and keep the doors open. They think they know but most aren't even close.
    Have a good day and a better hunt

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Marshall, MO
    Posts
    3,479
    Quote Originally Posted by hoytalphamax View Post
    Seen one last night with a tag price of 1099.
















    Even at a Gold Dealers level. I wouldn't even open my doors... Insane, Must be going out of business at that price.
    I would like to thank my sponsors
    OutBack Archery
    Gold Tip, Extreme Archery Products

    "Instant success is not handed across the counter with the purchase of a bow."
    CHEAP IS NOT GOOD & GOOD IS NOT CHEAP

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    28
    Thanks guys. I understand at least in part. If it is 1140 in Green bay, I would not hesitate to pay let say 1280 or so here in MN, but 1399 is a little bit of an issue. Also do not forget, if I buy a bow I will probably have it set up in the same shop. I also understand that everybody has to make a living, but I am yet to seethe service which justifies 250$ difference in a bow (~20%) Would you buy your car from a dealer which charges 20% more than the other? I doubt so, however much you wanting to support him...
    But again, I might be wrong...

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    28
    do you mind posting the name of the pro shop in green bay?
    Thanks

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    353
    1199 in middlesboro ky
    HOYT FAKTOR 30, D.C.A. Arrows, Sword Maximus Sight, B-Stinger stabilizer,N.A.P. KILLZONE Broadheads

  13. #13
    I paid $1399 here in New Mexico and while I look at some of these prices and it makes me shiver a bit, the truth is that pro shop keeps the sport going in my town and for that I feel that I owe them my loyalty. I also always consider that I am asking to by the Ferrari of the sport and I am going to pay for that. I think if I had gone in and it was over MSRP I would have been almost offended and I would have spoken to the owner.
    Hoyt, Elite, PSE, Bowtech, Mathews, Prime I want them ALL!!!!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    1,498
    Quote Originally Posted by MOBOW#1 View Post
    Even at a Gold Dealers level. I wouldn't even open my doors... Insane, Must be going out of business at that price.
    Nope,staying in business.I couldn't believe the price either.This guy is usually crazy high compared to where I do my business.
    Hoyt Spyder 30/Hoyt Alphaelite--CBE--Scott--Gold Tip--Vane Tec--Doinker--Sitka--First Lite--S&S Archery-->

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Rehoboth, Ma.
    Posts
    1,214
    Quote Originally Posted by ftothfadd View Post
    Sooo,

    It sounds the new Hoyt carbon spyder bows can be had anywhere from 1200-1399+tax. The prices here in MN are uniformly at the high end. Can you really buy them cheaper down south? If yes, what is the reason. And also: where. I travel a lot and I might as well buy them 200$ cheaper if I knew where.
    I would appreciate any info.
    Go to a bankrupt state. If there is no work, no money the prices go down.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Marshall, MO
    Posts
    3,479
    Quote Originally Posted by hoytalphamax View Post
    Nope,staying in business.I couldn't believe the price either.This guy is usually crazy high compared to where I do my business.









    I can tell you for certain he won't be open long!! He's not even making enough to keep the lights on.
    I would like to thank my sponsors
    OutBack Archery
    Gold Tip, Extreme Archery Products

    "Instant success is not handed across the counter with the purchase of a bow."
    CHEAP IS NOT GOOD & GOOD IS NOT CHEAP

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    1,498

    Hoyt pro shop prices

    Quote Originally Posted by MOBOW#1 View Post
    I can tell you for certain he won't be open long!! He's not even making enough to keep the lights on.
    O I know!!

    That's not my normal dealer,just someone down the road I stop in from time to time.
    Hoyt Spyder 30/Hoyt Alphaelite--CBE--Scott--Gold Tip--Vane Tec--Doinker--Sitka--First Lite--S&S Archery-->

  18. #18
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    In a tree!
    Posts
    4,251
    Bows are always cheaper in the south...it's a lower average income area and many could not afford MSRP on new bows. I can find almost any brand far cheaper than what many parts of the country pay. Most are at least $150 off MSRP and some up to $300 off MSRP.
    I shoot arrows with a bow

    Team #7

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    2,591
    I haven't checked on the prices here yet but Im sure they are 1200-1300 I want a carbon Turbo I think I have been trying to decide on the Hoyt or a APA but I like the carbon turbo a lot you would think everyone would have to get a MAP price not retail but I know bowtech has a map and every dealer in my state sells them for the same ammount
    "A country boy is all I'll ever be" Aron Lewis
    Stevens archery inception
    Black Eagle Archery Field Staff

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    wisconsin
    Posts
    760
    Quote Originally Posted by ftothfadd View Post
    do you mind posting the name of the pro shop in green bay?
    Thanks
    Pm'd you
    Monster MR7
    Creed
    Easton
    Carbon Express

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    28,681
    Quote Originally Posted by ftothfadd View Post
    do you mind posting the name of the pro shop in green bay?
    Thanks
    Question what does it matter? It will cost you the difference in gas and other expenses to drive there to get it. Dealers are forbidden to sell them over the net it is in their contract, for new bows. I know of one dealer in that state that almost lost his dealership by doing exactly that------it was a Hoyt bow before everyone tries to get on the bandwagon.
    Have a good day and a better hunt

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Houston, TX.
    Posts
    378
    Quote Originally Posted by TheScOuT View Post
    Bows are always cheaper in the south...it's a lower average income area and many could not afford MSRP on new bows. I can find almost any brand far cheaper than what many parts of the country pay. Most are at least $150 off MSRP and some up to $300 off MSRP.
    Not necessarily. The cost of living in the south is lower than some other areas of the country, so that doesn't necessarily equate to lower average income being to the point to where we're all poverty stricken down here, LOL.

    I know that's not what you meant, but your post could easily be misconstrued to read as such.

    My local Hoyt dealer is asking $1200+ for a Carbon Spider in whatever flavor. Personally, I'm not the least bit interested in spending that much on a bare bow when I can get a full setup with either Elite, Prime, Obsession, Bowtech, Mathews, etc...for close to that.
    '14 Hoyt Carbon Spyder Turbo 70#
    '14 Obsession Evolution 65#
    '08 Pearson Z-34 60#

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Corydon,IN
    Posts
    1,161
    $1199 here in IN
    2014 pro comp FX
    2014 factor turbo

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •