a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Elite vs. Hoyt

Elite vs. Hoyt

I am looking at buying my first new bow and have narrowed it down to either the Elite Energy 32 or the Hoyt Faktor 30. I was just curious what everyones thoughts were about the 2. They have very similar specs and there is only $50 difference between them at the proshops here. I did chrono the Elite with my hunting arrow weighing 432 grains, but I haven't had a chance to do so with the Hoyt yet. And maybe that will play a big deciding role in it also. Any advice between the 2 would be great.

Thanks

The Elite is a two track binary system. The Hoyt is a hybrid system. I'll shoot a hybrid system any day of the week over a binary. One may feel better than the other, but doesn't mean it shoots and tunes as well as the other. You have to decide which is more important to you.

Both are great quality, so its a toss up there.

I was in the same situation and chose the e32 because it has a longer a to a and the draw was smoother. People get hung up on tuning a bow. My energy32 couldnt be any easier to tune.
    proud member of the treelimb assassians
    excuses are words to justify failure
    sword sights and treelimb quivers pro staff

Quote Originally Posted by lmkmt View Post
    I am looking at buying my first new bow and have narrowed it down to either the Elite Energy 32 or the Hoyt Faktor 30. I was just curious what everyones thoughts were about the 2. They have very similar specs and there is only $50 difference between them at the proshops here. I did chrono the Elite with my hunting arrow weighing 432 grains, but I haven't had a chance to do so with the Hoyt yet. And maybe that will play a big deciding role in it also. Any advice between the 2 would be great.

Thanks
    Two def different bows as was said one is binary other hybrid two cams. Now as for tunning I disagree I work at a bow shop and the binary cam system is great u just have to know how to tune them is all once tuned righg they are sweet , as for the faktor great bow and I am a both guy but the only Hoyt to get imo is the Carbon hands down if the Carbon is not in the mix then I would tell u the energy is one sweet ass bow super smootn and u can't mess with that elite valley... it really depends what ur looking for with the bow just for bowhunting or u want to shoot 3d and target aswell?
    14 Hoyt Pro Edge Elite Z5 - Hamskea Micro-overdraw/Axcel Carbon/Doinker Estremo
    14 Hoyt Pro Comp Elite GTX - Hamskea Micro-overdraw/Axcel Carbon/Doinker Estremo
    11 Hoyt Carbon Matrix Plus RKT- Hamskea/MBG Pure Gold/
    Black Eagle Arrows/Vanetec/Firenock
    Staff-Tru-ball/Bernies/Hogwire Strings/Grim Reaper - RCArcheryCustoms Tuned! (973)903-3438

Hoyt Faktor:
    Faster
    Lighter

Energy 32:
    Smoother
    Very easy to tune

Both are great bows. Shoot them side by side and pick.
    Don't take it so serious!

Get the faktor 34. Its really up to you. I can guess Hoyt might be a hair faster but its all about which bow feels best in your hand.
    If you are thinking too much, you are moving farther from the X
    Believe in Jesus= Happy, happy, happy.......
    Hoyt Alpha Elite 2012 Black out 60#26"
    Bullseye Kettle Corn
    "It hits the Spot!"

Thanks for the help everyone. I guess I didn't know the dif between the cams, thanks for the explanation. Yes I did shoot the new Spider, but $450 more is a lot of dollars, and yes I really like it, but.

What I am looking for is a bow that I can both hunt with and shoot 3D and leagues for practice. What I don't want is a bow that won't stay in tune and I have to keep adjusting. My DXT was great about being able to pick it up and go play.

Elites are smoother and more consistant for me over the years. They are very easy to tune, IMO, whereas the Hoyts are more complicated to tune, IMO.
    Robbys Sales ... Great prices on Mathews, Elite, and Bowtech ... Mt. Airy, NC (336) 786-8017
    Vapor Trail Archery
    Elite GT-500 Next G1 Elite Energy 35 Black Elite Pure Cosmic Orange

whats the price difference to the Faktor 34

Good news here is that there is no wrong decision between those two. I would pick the E32 if 3d is part of the equation though. I think it is a hair more versatile and the draw is a touch smoother leaving you with a feeling that you are pulling less weight.
    Mathews Switchback XT 70# / 30" + Bowtech Invasion CPX 70# / 29.5" + Hoyt Carbon Element 70# / 29.5" + Mathews HeliM 70# / 29"

HOYT
    2012 HOYT rampage XT

Cobra sight - WB rest - Fuse Flexblade dampener - Apex quiver - Easton Bloodline arrows - Scott release

It is the same price for the Factor 34

Hoyts are more tunable in that more can be done to tune to your style. For me the Elite grip is terrible and I would have to go with a custom 1 piece. I also prefer split limbs and have always shot Hoyts best. You may be different and find Elites to shoot best for you. If you like and shoot them equally and just cant devide then get the Hoyt as it will have better resale value

It is the same price for the Factor 34
    I would go with the 34 over the stubby Faktor.

The resale value has also crosse my mind as well, yet I am not the new bow every year type either.

I really like the 30" ATA length, especially when in a hunting situation, that is why I picked up the DXT. Not against the 34, would just be different for me.

I'm in the same boat with the hoyt vs elite category. Everyone is giving the energy line the advantage when it comes to 3d and I assume it's because of the great valley and brace height. But I have noticed that everyone that has shot the carbon spyder says it's the best shooting bow they've ever had and how unreal it groups. I know hoyt has a great target bow lineup but has anyone shot an indoor or 3d round with a carbon spyder and how'd you do?
    Tannernation

I would be curious about the Carbon Spider and 3D results as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Switchback29A1 View Post
    I'm in the same boat with the hoyt vs elite category. Everyone is giving the energy line the advantage when it comes to 3d and I assume it's because of the great valley and brace height. But I have noticed that everyone that has shot the carbon spyder says it's the best shooting bow they've ever had and how unreal it groups. I know hoyt has a great target bow lineup but has anyone shot an indoor or 3d round with a carbon spyder and how'd you do?
    Think about this for just a second, most everyone thinks the Carbon Spyder 34 is an awesome shooting and feeling bow, it is in a class by itself is heard often in regards to it. Now just realize that the Faktor 34 has the exact same limb geometry and the same cams as the Carbon Spyder 34, that being said this Faktor 34 is one heck of a bow, just wish they would start getting them out, hoping to get mine next week.
    "The Yankee Bowman"
    '15 LH Hoyt Pro Edge Elite-65lb- Max 1
    '14 LH Hoyt Faktor 34-70lb- Realtree Xtra
    '13 LH Hoyt Pro Comp Elite XL-60lb- Orange with black hardware

Thanks for the help everyone. I guess I didn't know the dif between the cams, thanks for the explanation. Yes I did shoot the new Spider, but $450 more is a lot of dollars, and yes I really like it, but.

What I am looking for is a bow that I can both hunt with and shoot 3D and leagues for practice. What I don't want is a bow that won't stay in tune and I have to keep adjusting. My DXT was great about being able to pick it up and go play.
    Elite will stay tuned. Both are excellant choices. If your serious about 3d go with the E35 Elite though.

I purchased a Elite Z28 many years ago and it was the best bow to date for me and I have owned alot of bows. I used for ot strickly hunting though. I owned a DXT and your going to be impressed with Elite.
    DB
    Archery is an addiction is for me. Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker Rest, Vapor Trail strings, OK-Archery DST 40, Eilte Z28 Bow, Carter/Scott releases, CBE sights, Goldtip arrows, B Stingers Stabilizers, Lancasters Archery, Slick Tricks, Vanetec Vanes, Elite Pulse

Quote Originally Posted by Billincamo View Post
    Hoyt Faktor:
    Faster
    Lighter

Energy 32:
    Smoother
    Very easy to tune

Both are great bows. Shoot them side by side and pick.
    My thoughts exactly. Shoot them both then decide.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Boone View Post
    Elite will stay tuned. Both are excellant choices. If your serious about 3d go with the E35 Elite though.

I purchased a Elite Z28 many years ago and it was the best bow to date for me and I have owned alot of bows. I used for ot strickly hunting though. I owned a DXT and your going to be impressed with Elite.
    DB

I with agree DB. Once tuned the Elite will stay in time. The E35 @ 35" ata with a long riser will hold like a rock. It would also be a great hunting bow in any situation.

Crazy hard decision there. Love both but the F34 and e35 over the shortys. Only you can make that decision...ftw buy both
    DEAD CENTER ARCHERY PROSTAFF
    BLUFF COUNTRY BOWSTRINGS PROSTAFF

Dead Center Stabs, Black Eagle Arrows, BCB Strings

both great bows - and while i do not own an energy i gotta say they are the best shooting bows i have every tested. and i shoot alot of bows. The tuning of the binaries is baby simple - they stay tuned and are bullet proof for hunting - I have killed over 35 deer the last few years with elites and have never had a single issue in the field.
    Elite Judge Snow/Black
    Elite Judge AP Camo
    Elite GT500 Black/Max1
    Elite GT500 AP/Black EFX

If this is going to be your first bow, then I strongly recommend getting the bow with the longer ATA. Not sure of the brace height of the Hoyt, but if it's under 7", that's more of a reason to go with the Elite.

The Elite will have a higher let off, as well as the cams will have the more locked in feeling, thus you won't feel much pulling back at you at full draw. The Elite also has a rock solid back wall due to it's dual limb stops. Hybrid cams has cable stops, thus they are not quite as solid.

Many people do not get along with the Elite banana grip. But there is a way to get around that with a custom TorqueLess Grip. They look cool too.

However, IMO you would be well advised to look into the Energy 35 instead considering this will be your first bow. The extra stability of the longer ATA, and the additional forgiveness of a 7" brace height will keep you happy, happy, happy, for a while. Those short bows display more lateral torque and definitely require better form. In short, they are not as forgiving.

With a 35" ATA, your longer distance accuracy will be better as well.

Elite has the better finish of the two IMO.

Lastly, do not fall into the speed fad. Not now, there's plenty of time to get into that after you learn good form. Also, do not fall into the marketing hype that one must use a short bow for hunting. It's a proven fact that's a bunch of horse feathers. Many of us used to hunt from tree stands with 40" + ATA bows and never had a problem.

Good luck on your decision.

Skeet.
    I cut my arrows twice and they're still too short.

You cannot hit what you cannot see.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast