Thread: Why do you not hear much about Winchester Archery?

Why do you not hear much about Winchester Archery?

Was just pondering the above question??? How long has Winchester been in archery? Went to there web sight, but it doesn't offer too much information. I came to this forum, and there are only 4 posts. Why so little popularity?

They seem to be great bows. I recently purchased a Winchester Thunderbolt for my 10yo daughter after searching for cams to reduce the DL on a Hoyt Kobalt. I purchased the Hoyt from a friend thinking my daughter could use it, but it just didn't work out. Too bad because the Hoyt is in new condition. I could not find the cams and after thinking about what it was going to cost (after cams, cables, and string) to do the switch over; I found this bow at a local gun shop that is getting out of the bow business. I thought it was a good deal at $150. We have it all set up now and she is slinging arrows now. She loves it and I love the fact that she should be able to use this bow forever! There is more adjustment in this one bow than any other bow I have seen. I shot it to get it sighted in and it is smooth and quiet. They had two "adult" bows left (can't remember the model) at half price. Was thinking of buying one, but funds are a little low.

After kids; a lot of stuff got sold. Including the High Country Sniper I had. Now that my daughter is all about deer hunting; it's a little easier for the wife to loosen the purse strings; FOR HER, NOT DAD! Been out of archery for a while, and it is amazing at what is out there now. The price of bows have gone out the roof since then as well. So long story short; how can Winchester sell a good bow (in my opinion) less expensive than other manufacturers and why so little popularity?

Newton

No one???? Talked to several of my customers that are bow hunters today, and none of them were aware that Winchester made bows. Anyone here own one?

It is all about marketing... what is the most popular brands??? The most popular brands are in all of the big hunting shows, big hunting celebs, magazines etc... and who pays for all of that marketing??? When you compare todays bows with the same specs, your answer is there... you can put the Winchester Quicksilver up against any similar spec "big name" and you are saving hundreds with the Winchester... I look at it like this, do I want to shoot brand X and pay for Lee & Tiffs food plots/land or a company like Winchester and keep hundreds in your pocket and achieve the same performance with a Winchester bow? That is it pretty much in a nut shell!
    Last edited by TheFieldArcher; January 15th, 2014 at 08:20 AM.
    2014 SCORPYD ORION, 2013 SCORPYD VENTILATOR, 2014 OBSESSION SNIPER GT
    STRAIGHT'N ARROW BOW SLINGS, ARROWRAP.COM, GATEWAY FEATHERS
    PANASONIC SD90, PANASONIC V700, PANASONIC V520, GOPRO HERO3
    www.facebook.com/pages/The-Field-Archer/203839542964870
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TheFieldArcher

Also, I forgot to touch on customer service... some archery stores just have bad customer service and bow manufacturers want you to deal with them... ever notice what bow companies have their phone number on the home page of their website? Or if they even have a "contact us" with their phone number? Do they want to know you if you have a question or problem with your local shop or maybe you live where there is no bow shop for hours. Most of the young archery companies actually want to know you and they want you to know they are there to give you the customer service you deserve!!! There are some bows manufacturers that I will never own because I think they just don't care! Winchester you can call and have someone pick up the phone... no send us an email and maybe we will respond, if you want to buy you may get a response... this is just the way I base my buying... but I know what you mean, not all consumers really dig into it and they buy what their buddy recommended or what they hear is good and see through heavy marketing... too many good young archery companies like Winchester out there today. Now you said several of your customers, I worked at an archery shop in the early 90's, if we had Winchester we would get our customers excited about them and get it rolling in our area... own your market! We had a 35 yard indoor range, we had the leagues etc... and when you are excited about a product and believe, people will know Winchester in your area because as the owner or employee at an archery store, you are the educator and salesman! I love to sell, especially when they come in for brand X and leave excited about their new purchase totally equipped for what they would have paid for brand X bare...

Thanks for your out take. Now that you mention it; I think the other 2 bows he had left were Quicksilvers. Bare bow for $300. If I had the money right now; I would go buy one. Like I said; the one I purchased and set up for my daughter seems to be a good little bow. I have owned PSE and High Country bows in the past and would say that the quality would be just as good. First shop that I have been in that sells the Winchester, so like you said, I guess it all falls back on their marketing of their bow line. Maybe I could get Winchester to send me a free bow and I will do all the marketing I can for them.

Quote Originally Posted by nchunts View Post
    Thanks for your out take. Now that you mention it; I think the other 2 bows he had left were Quicksilvers. Bare bow for $300. If I had the money right now; I would go buy one. Like I said; the one I purchased and set up for my daughter seems to be a good little bow. I have owned PSE and High Country bows in the past and would say that the quality would be just as good. First shop that I have been in that sells the Winchester, so like you said, I guess it all falls back on their marketing of their bow line. Maybe I could get Winchester to send me a free bow and I will do all the marketing I can for them.
    Too funny, browsed and didn't fully read your post(s), when you mentioned "customers" you didn't mean from an archery store but other business...

I've been Shooting the QuickSilver 34, I have emailed Winchester on multiple occasions asking to be Pro-Staff or Shooting Staff for them to represent them at my shoots and on the TV show I'm working on and I have never heard a thing back. Follow-up calls and the person in charge of that is not available every time I call... but I have never had to call for anything else but I have heard they are great when you do.
    TCO Archery Pro-Staff, Dead Center Archery Bow Hunting Pro-Staff, Hartcraft Broadheads Pro-Staff, Kanewood Turkey Talkers Pro-Staff

they make very little Marketing , that is the problem.
    I work for them here in Europe and everytime i ask for help about Marketing, i receive nothing.
    so i have to make the marketing by myself... if they had more time, im sure they would make Marketing.
    that ´s my 2 cents
    francisco

you can find videos and pictures in my personal facebook
    www.facebook.com/franciscojose.perez1

winchesterbanner.jpg
    francisco
    www.rnsmadrid.com

i found in USA there are some discounts through Lancaster archery supply of some old models from Winchester.

http://www.lancasterarchery.com/sale.../?q=winchester

hope that helps
    francisco

Great bows! my quicksilver 34 is my go to bow. love it and have had great customer service.
    2014 Xpedition XR 6
    Winchester Quicksilver 34

they make average bows at best and have weak ownership , so not a bowshop desired product . their first year out they weren't prepared and came out really late (as a bow shop that would be fun ? ) our local shop tried to handle them , (but to carry a bow with no ad help or top notch selling model ?) again their first bows the varego(something like that) was a better bow than the top bows they were pushing , poor leadership and trying to ride the winchester name they have no drive . they'll end up like (whisper creek- new breed-clearwater-storm-mountaineer-etc). archery is a live or die bussiness .